Help, please

11 minutes ago, NoNouGatine said:

Hippowdon works pretty well with Rocky Helmet aswell

too, you just have to watch out for Ice Punch damage

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 96-114 (44.6 - 53%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Meltdown said:

Stonks, but wait, 130>126.
image.thumb.png.698f7c2f5681a4c9a2603e4fee8ae532.png

People run a bit of speed on Conk to try and outspeed Hippowdon, so it's very likely that you won't face 0 speed Conk from the better crop of players.  Players may also run speed evs on their own Conk to speed creep other conks.  If you're that paranoid about outspeeding Conk then you can run a normal Skarm with macho brace, and probably counter to finish off Conk since it won't be taking RH damage.

Also you calc'd for level 100, when you should be calc'ing for level 50, and the stat difference in those cases 2 points.

Edited by NikhilR
7 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

People run a bit of speed on Conk to try and outspeed Hippowdon, so it's very likely that you won't face 0 speed Conk from the better crop of players.  If you're that paranoid about not outspeeding Conk then you can run a normal Skarm with macho brace, and probably counter to finish off Conk since it won't be taking RH damage.

Also you calc'd for level 100, when you should be calc'ing for level 50, and the stat difference in those cases 2 points.

Even in lv50, Skarmory still outspeeds Conkeldurr. I just wanted to show you that even with a lot of downgrades (0 IV and -speed nature), skarmory will basically use Roost first. You probably know that, but just in case.

Just now, Meltdown said:

Even in lv50, Skarmory still outspeeds Conkeldurr. I just wanted to show you that even with a lot of downgrandes (0 IV and -speed nature), skarmory will basically use Roost first. You probably know that, but just in case.

And like I told you earlier, it is not necessary that Relaxed Skarm with 0 speed IV will always Roost first because in practice Conks run speed to outspeed Hippowdon and to speed creep other opposing Conks.  31 IV Speed Hippowdon speed ties with Relaxed Skarm with 0 speed IV, so if Conkeldurr wants to outspeed Hippo, it will always outspeed Relaxed Skarm.  If outspeeding Hippo isn't enough, players may also run speed evs to outspeed opposing Flame Orb Conks, so most players will invest a minimum of 20 speed EVs so as to kill 2 birds with one stone.

7 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

And like I told you earlier, it is not necessary that Relaxed Skarm with 0 speed IV will always Roost first because in practice Conks run speed to outspeed Hippowdon and to speed creep other opposing Conks.  31 IV Speed Hippowdon speed ties with Relaxed Skarm with 0 speed IV, so if Conkeldurr wants to outspeed Hippo, it will always outspeed Relaxed Skarm.  If outspeeding Hippo isn't enough, players may also run speed evs to outspeed opposing Flame Orb Conks, so most players will invest a minimum of 20 speed EVs so as to kill 2 birds with one stone.

I see, you were talking about Flame orb Conk! with a bit of spread, indeed it can outspeed relaxed skarm, but IMO roosting after taking the hit is not that good against the likes of Blissey (flamethrower) for example, but thats another situation.

What I use to deal with conk:

- Bold Swalot with encore and rocky helmet - my most successful so far (although not well-seen by community, whatever)(Pretty safe unless conk eqs on the switch-in(which is super super rare). Facade on switch makes you low, but you can still beat it. Anything else is ez pz)

- Physically defensive Metagross (rocky helmet too, although optional. And can rocks)

-Cofagrigus is probably the best answer, but imo gives some easy switch-in on too threatening pokes.

Other options are, like it was said, skarmory, hippowdon, togekiss, but beware all of them can succumb to the right move on switch. Defensive Salamence is also solid with rocky helmet and roost (and can defog).

And if you are not afraid of using lower tiered pokemons, NU offers you Weezing (who is also able of toxic spiking), or spiritomb (that is also arguably the best mon against reuniclus)

Enjoy.

Edited by pachima