LC Matchmaking ?

NoNouGatine

Question

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

the tier is slowly dying, why would a new player choose lc over other tier when you can play 2 tours a week. 

Were that the case, though I highly doubt it is not, then what better way to completely kill a tier than not support it with the new features all the other tiers get..?

Surely if the tier was dying then a better option would be to reinvigorate it with easier access to matches and ranking, and compensate the players who have invested in the tier in the same manner as the other tiers receive.

I'm all for Little Cup matchmaking, I think it absolutely should be added.

but...

Can we just stop throwing unnecessary shade at Doubles and try to sacrifice Doubles in the name of Little Cup? Doubles clearly is not even the least popular format in matchmaking, as getting in the top 100 requires the 2nd highest rating of all 4 formats. You can hate Doubles all you want but at least get some facts straight. Why not focus on the point that matchmaking for all 4 formats has been successful for the most part, therefor you can argue there's room for one more possibly.

5 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Can we just stop throwing unnecessary shade at Doubles and try to sacrifice Doubles in the name of Little Cup? Doubles clearly is not even the least popular format in matchmaking, as getting in the top 100 requires the 2nd highest rating of all 4 formats. You can hate Doubles all you want but at least get some facts straight. Why not focus on the point that matchmaking for all 4 formats has been successful for the most part, therefor you can argue there's room for one more possibly.

Thanks for your support, will be needed if we want to get this matchmaking !

Also, I, personnaly, think that Dubs is as popular as LC, there is no point in shading Dubs to get LC matchmaking since we know it's possible to get them all at the same time.

My point was only to ask why we're getting Dubs and no LC yet. I don't know how it's supposed to work but I don't really get why we got a huge update adding NU UU and Dubs matchmaking, ignoring the fact LC exist. I'm not playing Dubs because I don't understand the tier at all, and I'm not interested to focus into it but I still support the fact players are able to have a real and stable matchmaking about that.

What Orange said and imo the least active tier in matchmaking seems to be NU. Couldn't get a match in 5 queues in a row (with 0 games happening while at it), while UU had 8+ games going on and Dubs had 10+. I also feel LC kinda has its own playerbase just like Doubles, usually people who play OU also venture into UU/NU but there are lots of people who only play Doubles or LC. 

1 minute ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

What Orange said and imo the least active tier in matchmaking seems to be NU. Couldn't get a match in 5 queues in a row (with 0 games happening while at it), while UU had 8+ games going on and Dubs had 10+. I also feel LC kinda has its own playerbase just like Doubles, usually people who play OU also venture into UU/NU but there are lots of people who only play Doubles or LC. 

The thing is, imo, it's hard for a new player to get into LC with only 2 tours a week, unless you know someone who play LC, it's kinda hard to step up, build your teams etc.. I think LC Matchmaking would be a great add about that, and could also maybe give a new source of training for actual LC players who might need/want it

1 hour ago, NoNouGatine said:

How is it dying when you get more and more players on tournaments ? 

Also that is the point, adding a way to play more than 2 times a week would give it more popularity

oh i probally was not clear its now dying bc people go for other tiers why would you spend millions to play 2 times a week maybe with unofficial tours 3-4 times at this rate the tier is not relevant if you compare it to other tiers if they add lc mm people actaully gonna build teams and play the tier since they can play when they want

Just now, Quinn010 said:

oh i probally was not clear its now dying bc people go for other tiers why would you spend millions to play 2 times a week maybe with unofficial tours 3-4 times at this rate the tier is not relevant if you compare it to other tiers if they add lc mm people actaully gonna build teams and play the tier since they can play when they want

Yeah, according to this point, this is what leads me to ask where is LC matchmaking haha

We all know that the reason why UU and DUBS have overshadowed NU this season were the awards, the UU and DUBS hats are in my opinion (and almost everyone's I think) the best of this season, they will think it is absurd , but no, I have seen how many people have dedicated to UU and DUBS just because of the hat, it will sound absurd but it is the truth, the NU hat attracts few players.
This is not the only reason, of course, but it is a big reason this season.

Bloody hell, people wetting themselves about Porygon in the December Tier thread for a tier still not in the matchmaking system for whatever reason, buuump 

Edited by Guest
It won't ruin the economy staff, I swear xD

Having matchmaking will definitely get us a more accurate view of what pokemon are troublesome and running the tier. They would be more battles to help add to the statistics. Playing a tier with no matchmaking is hard, matchmaking would bring in a lot more players and therefore actually help with the economy as people breed new mons.

Edited by hannahtaylor

Despite all the efforts made by @Poufilou, LC Matchmaking would be really huge for any reason that has been called on this thread.

There are like 2 (sometimes 3) LC tournaments in a week, and unless you know people who play LC, it's really hard to get into it without being breaked by litteraly every single player who knows the tier already. It would solve the issue of this tier being so hard to start, and aswell would solve the issue of popularity.

I see no good reason to avoid this matchmaking, but maybe there are, can you atleast give an answer to our expectations ? We've been waiting a lot now.