Jump to content
  • 40
NoNouGatine

LC Matchmaking ?

Question

22 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

the tier is slowly dying, why would a new player choose lc over other tier when you can play 2 tours a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

the tier is slowly dying, why would a new player choose lc over other tier when you can play 2 tours a week. 

Were that the case, though I highly doubt it is not, then what better way to completely kill a tier than not support it with the new features all the other tiers get..?

 

Surely if the tier was dying then a better option would be to reinvigorate it with easier access to matches and ranking, and compensate the players who have invested in the tier in the same manner as the other tiers receive.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

the tier is slowly dying, why would a new player choose lc over other tier when you can play 2 tours a week. 

How is it dying when you get more and more players on tournaments ? 

Also that is the point, adding a way to play more than 2 times a week would give it more popularity

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I'm all for Little Cup matchmaking, I think it absolutely should be added.

 

but...

 

Can we just stop throwing unnecessary shade at Doubles and try to sacrifice Doubles in the name of Little Cup? Doubles clearly is not even the least popular format in matchmaking, as getting in the top 100 requires the 2nd highest rating of all 4 formats. You can hate Doubles all you want but at least get some facts straight. Why not focus on the point that matchmaking for all 4 formats has been successful for the most part, therefor you can argue there's room for one more possibly.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
5 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Can we just stop throwing unnecessary shade at Doubles and try to sacrifice Doubles in the name of Little Cup? Doubles clearly is not even the least popular format in matchmaking, as getting in the top 100 requires the 2nd highest rating of all 4 formats. You can hate Doubles all you want but at least get some facts straight. Why not focus on the point that matchmaking for all 4 formats has been successful for the most part, therefor you can argue there's room for one more possibly.

Thanks for your support, will be needed if we want to get this matchmaking !

 

Also, I, personnaly, think that Dubs is as popular as LC, there is no point in shading Dubs to get LC matchmaking since we know it's possible to get them all at the same time.

My point was only to ask why we're getting Dubs and no LC yet. I don't know how it's supposed to work but I don't really get why we got a huge update adding NU UU and Dubs matchmaking, ignoring the fact LC exist. I'm not playing Dubs because I don't understand the tier at all, and I'm not interested to focus into it but I still support the fact players are able to have a real and stable matchmaking about that.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

What Orange said and imo the least active tier in matchmaking seems to be NU. Couldn't get a match in 5 queues in a row (with 0 games happening while at it), while UU had 8+ games going on and Dubs had 10+. I also feel LC kinda has its own playerbase just like Doubles, usually people who play OU also venture into UU/NU but there are lots of people who only play Doubles or LC. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

What Orange said and imo the least active tier in matchmaking seems to be NU. Couldn't get a match in 5 queues in a row (with 0 games happening while at it), while UU had 8+ games going on and Dubs had 10+. I also feel LC kinda has its own playerbase just like Doubles, usually people who play OU also venture into UU/NU but there are lots of people who only play Doubles or LC. 

The thing is, imo, it's hard for a new player to get into LC with only 2 tours a week, unless you know someone who play LC, it's kinda hard to step up, build your teams etc.. I think LC Matchmaking would be a great add about that, and could also maybe give a new source of training for actual LC players who might need/want it

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, NoNouGatine said:

How is it dying when you get more and more players on tournaments ? 

Also that is the point, adding a way to play more than 2 times a week would give it more popularity

oh i probally was not clear its now dying bc people go for other tiers why would you spend millions to play 2 times a week maybe with unofficial tours 3-4 times at this rate the tier is not relevant if you compare it to other tiers if they add lc mm people actaully gonna build teams and play the tier since they can play when they want

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Just now, Quinn010 said:

oh i probally was not clear its now dying bc people go for other tiers why would you spend millions to play 2 times a week maybe with unofficial tours 3-4 times at this rate the tier is not relevant if you compare it to other tiers if they add lc mm people actaully gonna build teams and play the tier since they can play when they want

Yeah, according to this point, this is what leads me to ask where is LC matchmaking haha

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
30 minutes ago, NoNouGatine said:

I sadly think this thread is as dead as our hope to get LC matchmaking

patience

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

We all know that the reason why UU and DUBS have overshadowed NU this season were the awards, the UU and DUBS hats are in my opinion (and almost everyone's I think) the best of this season, they will think it is absurd , but no, I have seen how many people have dedicated to UU and DUBS just because of the hat, it will sound absurd but it is the truth, the NU hat attracts few players.
This is not the only reason, of course, but it is a big reason this season.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

bumping

 

what are the possible reasons we wouldn't get LC matchmaking considering the popularity argument is proven to be in favour of it ? 

 

any technical issues ? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Bloody hell, people wetting themselves about Porygon in the December Tier thread for a tier still not in the matchmaking system for whatever reason, buuump 

Edited by MGRazor
It won't ruin the economy staff, I swear xD

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Having matchmaking will definitely get us a more accurate view of what pokemon are troublesome and running the tier. They would be more battles to help add to the statistics. Playing a tier with no matchmaking is hard, matchmaking would bring in a lot more players and therefore actually help with the economy as people breed new mons.

Edited by hannahtaylor

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.