Hidden Abilities

ShaneDangerous

Question

12 answers to this question

My idea is to earn a Pokémon with hidden ability in ranked battles. I've never entered a ranked battle on PokeMMO before.

Win a Pokémon with a hidden ability gives you an option to set one of the IVs and then the other five will be set to random, to keep the Pokémon balanced.

Ex. 10 wins earns you a Kabuto with Weak Armor.

They could be shiny lock (Never shiny) or 1 of 30,000 chance for shiny. Whichever comes first.

Ever since the Crown Tundra DLC. I figured out a much better idea, how about implement an Ability Patch mechanic?

This is exactly what Shane is talking about.

Here's a quote from Serebii news:

It is confirmed that Pokémon Sword & Shield Crown Tundra contains a new item, the Ability Patch, that allows for you to change a Pokémon's ability to its Hidden Ability.

If this website doesn't allow quotes from different websites, including pokemon related, then this is a one-time thing.

Edited by Bigpokemonfan
Similar idea

Hidden abilities will inevitably come one day. But for that first we would have to stabilize the metagame a bit ... With this 8th gen movepool the meta (Mainly OU) is somewhat ... Weird.
For example, Hydreigon draco meteor is still testing to see if they ban it or not. The same with Gengar Nasty plot ... For now I see it difficult, but sooner or later they will have to implement the hidden abilities.

7 hours ago, Gamemasterjuan said:

I know we all want to play with HA

But think a little about it

Its better to play and have fun with the actual meta in order to enjoy future incomes

It would be boring if they bring all in one shoot. 

So if we have HA's we can no longer play and have fun with "actual" meta? 

So, instead of bringing it all at once you want HAs to come in installments? 

HA's is only good for the game. There are no downsides. Sure when they are released it will rattle up the competitive scene but thats normal. Eventually, we'll figure it out and solidify every mon in their respective tier. 

8 hours ago, Gamemasterjuan said:

I know we all want to play with HA

But think a little about it

Its better to play and have fun with the actual meta in order to enjoy future incomes

It would be boring if they bring all in one shoot. 

I think all HAs Will not be added at a same time.  Some will never be added. The TC will decide which HA shouldn't be added to maintain the meta.  But The Game Will not turn "BORING" for the HAs  even if they add all in shot. It'll be tough to beat players with HAs but as EricRasp said we will get new stratergy for HA pokes. 

So Just wait.