Improved ranked queue

Frag

Question

14 answers to this question

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

If I understand correctly how the new system works, you get matched with lower elo players only if you can't find any matches several rounds in a row. You should not be matched with low ELO players right away.

Since the new system the max number of rounds ive wait is one, after the msg "match not found" the next round you will get paired with any low elo player, even not ranked ones, the system has no restrictions. 

9 minutes ago, Frag said:

Since the new system the max number of rounds ive wait is one, after the msg "match not found" the next round you will get paired with any low elo player, even not ranked ones, the system has no restrictions. 

NU gets it pretty bad too - if you’re unlucky you can wait for 30+ min for a battle and get matched with a Novice when you finally find one. I understand that this system was probably implemented for the benefit of the lower tiers which have a smaller population of players, but I think having upper and lower limits would be an improvement in terms of competition at least

Maybe put a check-in option that lets your choose if you want to be paired only with similar elo players or not? So people can choose between "more matches or better matches".
Also, i really doesn't like to wait more than one minute to be paired to someone, but i dont like to play against the same person in a row either. Maybe code an algorithm that doesn't allow same persons to battle each other two times in a row?

Edited by Paulo300991
5 hours ago, Frag said:

Assuming you are talking about OU, I agree that this new system should not have been implemented for OU since it's insanely more popular than other tiers.

You can perhaps unqueue if you don't find a duel and queue up again the next second to bypass the new system. It would be annoying to have to do that on a regular basis, but it might solve your problem.

5 hours ago, Paulo300991 said:

Maybe put a check-in option that lets your choose if you want to be paired only with similar elo players or not? So people can choose between "more matches or better matches".
Also, i really doesn't like to wait more than one minute to be paired to someone, but i dont like to play against the same person in a row either. Maybe code an algorithm that doesn't allow same persons to battle each other two times in a row?

I think that would only give way to people who abuse it and always select the low-elo search engine, I would not be surprised to see people in the top 100 based on always using the low-elo search engine

What about a format rotation? Where each day of the week is a different formats. Like: Monday OU and UU; Thursday UU and NU, Wednesday NU and OU. It would centralize players to play the actual day formats, so the quality of the queues would be increase.

Because the truth is that it is great to have several options of formats to play. The problem is that the players are spread out among them.

Maybe this was answered already, but do you guys think you get less points if your opponent forfeits instead of losing regularly? 

Edit: (assuming the duel last the exact same amount of time/turns for a forfeited duel or a regularly lost duel)

Edited by gbwead
On 9/1/2020 at 8:18 PM, Frag said:

I'm pretty sure it needs a tweak, It's way better to wait 3 rounds to find a worthy player close to our elo instead of playing every time vs ranks 100+ which are boring free wins. This is also reflected in the high win % everyone has right now.

Sincerely I prefer the free wins