You should WARN in advance users before change a tierlist

As the title.

I found totally crazy that you (PokeMMO staff) banned a pokemon without any warn in update section of the forum/game, and in the middle of a season.

You should warn users in advance, letting them upgrading their strategies and/or teams. And the most important thing, you should do these changes at the start of a new season and not in the middle of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Let me know what do you think.

Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, senzui said:

Garchomp getting banned had been discussed since April, check the Competition Alley section

Yes, i'm saying that these changes should be in the update section (that is integrated in the game) because not everyone check the forum periodically.

AND these changes should not be implemented in the middle of a season.

Edited by Kryuko
20 minutes ago, LightLeggenDario said:

I agree, although i check periodically the announcements, update and general discussion i've never seen this discussion, a warning in the announcements or update topic is the right thing

That is discussed in Competition Alley, Movement Dicussion Thread to be more specific

11 minutes ago, TohnR said:

We have tiers rotating each month since forever and that's when bans are decided, it literally got decided yesterday so they couldn't warn you before 

So, if this was decided yesterday, they should have written a post in the game update section, waited 1/2 weeks, and THEN update the tier list. Or at the end of the current pvp season. 

the meta being exactly the same for a whole season is way too long, shit'll get boring.

monthly movements is fine.

and once something is decided on to promote the health of the meta, there's really no point in postponing it 3 weeks just so people can feel like they're given warning time.

banning the same day as the announcement is totally viable.

7 hours ago, Eggplant said:

the meta being exactly the same for a whole season is way too long, shit'll get boring.

monthly movements is fine.

and once something is decided on to promote the health of the meta, there's really no point in postponing it 3 weeks just so people can feel like they're given warning time.

banning the same day as the announcement is totally viable.

Yes, the same meta for a season is so boring, but, they could post an announcement on update topic, so that the player can be adapted their team, and then change it , a kind of middle-season update for the meta

Not sure if you guys already know this, but each month there is an announcement and discussion thread regarding the tier changes in our Competition Alley forum section. The thread for September: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/125560-september-movement-discussion-thread/

Initially it seems like it wasn't planned that Garchomp should be moved to the Uber tier. However, it has been discussed for months by the Tier Council (consisting of PvP players) if that should be the case. For now, our beloved Garchomp can have a deserved vacation - and he will probably be back in OU after some considerations, discussions and adjustments.

Plus, in my personal opinion, there is no need to give people a notice regarding a change like this as the situation is the same for every player. We were able to have epic duels before Garchomp was implemented - and I am sure people already have added a new OP dragon type to their team. 

The fact is that in PokéMMO, to change properly a team, it is required some time and money, it's not like showdown where you can change everything in an istant. I don't use garchomp, but still I understand the issue. If I had built a Garchomp/counter for Garchomp and the day after he get banned, then I would be annoyed. Regarding the changes in the middle of a season, which is the meaning of having a season then? If you think that it would be boring (but I don't agree), then make seasons shorter. Someone cuold be stronger in a meta whit Garchomp and someone else in a meta whitout Garchomp. So why mix the results? Obviously I'm speaking of Garchomp, but it applies to every pokémon.

Tbh, as someone said, the tier list updates occur every month, so this modus operandi it's perfectly normal and regular. If no-one protested for the past changes, it was just because this has been an extraordinary action. 

I understand the angery of whose now haven't a team, but the protest in vermilion city is just nosense. And the developer are genius for selling the torch lol.

Have a good day y'all

image.thumb.png.383f1bf6f62d791a42389d6c8ad1a98c.png

I know it's a bit hard to see, but they feature the monthly changes so they are easily accessed without having to filter through the Competition Alley section.

Placing them in the announcement section means obscuring changelogs that are likely to contain major changes that need to be more easily accessible.