About Garchomp

4 hours ago, razimove said:

Ok, feel free to enlight me how you beat the multiple sets of chomp

mamoswine is a great rk tbh even with yache most people with yache go for fire blast anyways with sash you got it ez 

Edited by Quinn010
6 hours ago, iJulian said:

Tell me how you beat the multiple sets of magearne in gen7? You dont. Why is it not banned then? is smogons TC dumb?

im not arguing if it is or not banned, im asking for a counter not a check however, heck, im pretty sure scarf cloyster would check p.much every set besides full special scarf chomp which I dont think anyone ever used. Not discussing that, the guy said it's not hard to beat, so I am still waiting on things that can entry multiple times on him, not knowing his set, umbreon and mandibuzz are the best checks we currently have for it. Thats all I wanted to know, nothing else Julian, im fine either way with him banned/not banned. 

1 hour ago, razimove said:

im not arguing if it is or not banned, im asking for a counter not a check however, heck, im pretty sure scarf cloyster would check p.much every set besides full special scarf chomp which I dont think anyone ever used. Not discussing that, the guy said it's not hard to beat, so I am still waiting on things that can entry multiple times on him, not knowing his set, umbreon and mandibuzz are the best checks we currently have for it. Thats all I wanted to know, nothing else Julian, im fine either way with him banned/not banned. 

Ye, umbreon/porygon2 can counter fairly reliably and mandi too if rocks are not up. Besides that, not every mon needs to have a direct counter. Slowbro/slowking can also dead with non-orbed bariants (plus, if its orbed then its way easier to rk anyways)

20 hours ago, iJulian said:

Scarf hydreigon checks pretty much every single one of them.

Tell me how you beat the multiple sets of magearne in gen7? You dont. Why is it not banned then? is smogons TC dumb?

Yes, and no, you cant compare magearna with garchomp, magearna is a bulky sweeper which has just checks, and garchomp can be a scarf user, wallbreaker, mixed user and even bulky.

I give you a point since scarf cloyser/sash cloyster + shell smash and choice band/Life orb weavile are counters to chomp (welp, I would consider weavile as a check.)

Edited by JorgeFirebolt
6 hours ago, JorgeFirebolt said:

Yes, and no, you cant compare magearna with garchomp, magearna is a bulky sweeper which has just checks, and garchomp can be a scarf user, wallbreaker, mixed user and even bulky.

I give you a point since scarf cloyser/sash cloyster + shell smash and choice band/Life orb weavile are counters to chomp (welp, I would consider weavile as a check.)

Magearna can also be a scarf user, wallbreaker and even mixed (av/shiftgear often runs iron head > flash cannon)

29 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Magearna can also be a scarf user, wallbreaker and even mixed (av/shiftgear often runs iron head > flash cannon)

tbh you rarely see scarf in gen7 but yeah you can pretty much say gen7 mag is the same as garchomp in mmo many sets not predictable it can easily take 1 kill 

On 8/31/2020 at 3:47 AM, Imsry said:

Today is a good day Im in good mood till I found out chomp is in UB.

Garchomp can be recycled for a PvE setting. Level them to 100 and have fun with battling the Gyms, Elite Four, or Horde Battles.

Spoiler

This post is for anyone looking for a second life for their Garchomp collection.

• 2 months later...