Hoenn Battle tower help

o/ peeps! 

Let me start off by saying I could just suck at the game. I've been trying to find a tower team that could help get ANY one pokemon the ribbon for getting past 50 battles. For the double battle mode, I've tried T-Tar ballon and garchomp banded, I've tried porygon trickroon and FEAR arron. for normal 3x battles, I've done breloom spore sub and jolteon. 

Over 1000 hours in this game, I just want to find something that can carry my first shiny (duskull). I'm also hoping to help get Sethsen all of his ribbons for his Toto <3 (almost there!). I've seen other low tier shiny mons with the ribbons, I just want to be able to do the same T~T.

Sorry for the mouthful

TL;DR:

OldenMan sucks at the hoenn battle towers and needs help with ribbons.

ok, like a gastodon and a seadra with rain?

2 hours ago, HumongousNoodle said:

For doubles I would suggest a rain team and playing in Multi battle (co-op), this makes it a bit easier as you can focus on making it a 2v1 battle when necessary.

Few months ago I used Wobbuffet, Gengar and Chancey for single battles. I'm not 100% sure if it still works and my team isn't exactly reliable and still get screwed over due to RNG. As long as Wobbuffet can bring down 2 pokemons then Gengar can finish the rest. My Chancey was mainly there as a precaution.

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2020 at 6:18 AM, Archiver said:

Few months ago I used Wobbuffet, Gengar and Chancey for single battles. I'm not 100% sure if it still works and my team isn't exactly reliable and still get screwed over due to RNG. As long as Wobbuffet can bring down 2 pokemons then Gengar can finish the rest. My Chancey was mainly there as a precaution.

Hey.

I know this is old, but may I ask what movesets you used for each Mon? And the general strategy you followed?