lucario advice (and e4 strategy)

hello,

I am a returning player.

I am closing in on the e4's of hoenn, sinnho and unova and decided to train a lucario (already have a raichu, starmie and excadrill on the team with reasonable IV).

I thought that I might as well make a good half-breed to max it or sell on the market later,

managed to breed a female, Hasty, 31/30/10/31/21/31 riolu and looking for a value estimation and advice for the e4 (lucario build, party choices, ...)

thanks in advance

Edited by roykl

E4 wise:

Its a good idea starting at in that order: unova > hoen > sinnoh > kanto. Thats because the max level mons you can have until u defeat that region E4. Also, after defeating one of those, just store the mons that u used to used them latter in the next E4 (a.k.a doesnt over level them).

About the gift eevees u get in story: Evolve them to Jolteon. They help you alot in E4 also in Gyms Rematch farm to.

About breeding:

lvl 1 5x31 Right natured pokemon = 500k
lvl 50-100 5x31 Right natured pokemon = 800k~1kk

Those prices is what i have observed in the game. Also, dont breed pokes with 30 ivs, man. The price ill drop significantly.

I am done with kanto, did that before any other region was available. much have changed since.

the 30 wasn't planned but it is probably good enough for the e4.

should i go for a physical, special or a balanced lucario?

i currently have raichu and starmie for special and excadrill for physical

i am also considering adding a salamenece

Edited by roykl

Mixed attackers are good to wallbreak. but since they need to be a natured 6x31 they costs the double of the price for one natured 5x31, so i dont think thats a good idea for a new player. Maybe if u sacrifices sp.def/def for it, making a 5x31 mixed attacker. Theres a breeding guide in the forums, just check it out if you need to have a idea how much we need to spent to make a poke.
For story wise, boosting mons is good to swipe (swords dance, nasty plot, dragon dance, shell smash and etc...). Also, Krookodile is a good mon to do E4 because it has moxie and snowballs everytime that it kill a mon.

wont focus sash\sturdy kill the chain?

i was thinking i need something with 2 hit moves like dual chop for those.

i could try to give lucario sword dance, dual chop, drain punch and extremespeed. can that work?

Edited by roykl
fixed item name
6 hours ago, Paulo300991 said:

E4 wise:

Its a good idea starting at in that order: unova > hoen > sinnoh > kanto. Thats because the max level mons you can have until u defeat that region E4. Also, after defeating one of those, just store the mons that u used to used them latter in the next E4 (a.k.a doesnt over level them).

About the gift eevees u get in story: Evolve them to Jolteon. They help you alot in E4 also in Gyms Rematch farm to.

About breeding:

lvl 1 5x31 Right natured pokemon = 500k
lvl 50-100 5x31 Right natured pokemon = 800k~1kk

Those prices is what i have observed in the game. Also, dont breed pokes with 30 ivs, man. The price ill drop significantly.

bring me 5x31 natured mons for 500k, im gonna buy them all

does taking a hit as lucario for a sword dance make viable e4 strategy?

as i stated before I already got 31 hp and speed iv on it alongside 30 attack.

If so, should i put any ev on hp or dump it all on attack and speed?

And can dual chop get past the scarf users and sturdy the e4 use?

Edited by roykl

I am trying to make an e4 strategy and maybe a value estimation for my lucario as is.

Please dont make a breeding shop out of this thread.

Anyway a quick look at the breeders threads on the market puts prefect natured 5x31 much higher than 500k. if you are going to sell for 500k you are going to break the market.

Edited by roykl

update:

i have just got past all e4's. the team i used made it feel like a breezer.

sharing my team to help any others that might read this:

lead:

onix with sturdy and stealth rock. 

this is a sacrifice poke to get past sashes. can be low lvl.

i kept screech in case onix is faster than the opponent. might not be neccesary

excadrill

high attack and speed iv and max ev on both (i got speed to 115 but maxing is probably better)

item: leftovers (might not be necessary)

sword dance

earthquake

rock slide

rapid spin - used to finish off opponents to pop the speed buff.

starmie with natural cure

high sp.attack and speed iv and max ev on both

item: leftovers (probably unnecessary but it might get you just past 1/2 hp mark on crucial moments)

ice beam

psychic

surf

thunderbolt

surprisingly it consistently survived earthquakes with more than 1/2 hp. defense iv was 3 and ev was 0.

garchomp

high attack and speed iv. max ev on both.

dragon claw

crunch

raichu

high speed and sp.attack iv. max ev on both (i got speed to 121 but maxing is probably better)

surf

thunderbolt

signal beam - expensive but important counter

lucario

i had steadfast but inner focus is better as intimidate is annoying

this is the same lucario from the subject

i maxed hp and speed iv and had 30 attack. probably an overkill. you might do fine with 20+ hp max ev on speed and attack

close combat (used move re-learner to learn early)

sword dance

extremespeed (I got it for sinnoh but cant hurt earlier)

meteor mash

sword dance is very rewarding but risky.

if you are set against a tank with low offense or weak moves use it otherwise it is probably best to attack.

i only used an item once. it was a revive and it was just to get the killing blow on the hoenn champion.

unova and hoenn was first try

sinnoh was 2nd try as the champion's grachomp was faster than mine due to being under lvl'ed on the first attempt.

if it is weaken enough starmie's ice beam might kill it.

i couldn't test this on kanto as i already got past it long time ago

Edited by roykl