Help with thief pokemon guide

Hello There! 

There are different pokemons required for different type of farming, If you are farming amulet coin then you need a shuppet or banette with specific level and you need Thief Move + Frisk ability, it will let you farm items from wild pokemons as you want.

You can steal items from pokemons with only one pokemon in your party(You Can Keep More for safety), remember the wild pokemon mustn't faint because you can't steal items from fainted pokemons.

Frisk ability will tell you if the pokemon/horde got any items.

To farm Luck Eggs (Small) is good to have:

Gothitelle
@Leftovers
Hability: Frisk
- Thief
- Fling
- Imprission
- x

Imprison Effects:
Opponent is unable to use moves that the user also knows. 

The thing is that pelippers have fling. So they can throw away the derised lucky egg. I have learnt that in the bad way, haha. So, using imprission you prevent that.

The pokemon i knew that can learn those moves together + frisk is Gothitelle. Not sure about stantler, Banette/Shuppet.

Edited by Paulo300991
52 minutes ago, roykl said:

does fleeing after the item is stolen work?

You only need that the pokemon with thief has not a item equiped. After you use thief, the item will be equiped at your pokemon. So, yes. You can flee after you have stolen a item.
If you are farming at hordes and see that more than one pokemon has a item and if you already picked one, see if that item is the item you want. If not, just fling item and try to thief another one.

• 3 years later...

From my understanding after a a.i battle is over you recieve items stolen back, yet i lost two exp shares and a everstone and i dont see them anywhere i also cant find any information anywhere on the subject. Theif was changed a few years ago not to steal items wtf is up here