September-Movement Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I said it was less reliable because that's litteraly 90 games which is nothing. 

I updated it, now you have almost 300 games which is pretty much the exact same sample size than munya used.

9 minutes ago, gbwead said:

No one claimed that high usage means a pokemon is banworthy. Literally no one. You misread what tyrone said which is why I pointed out to you that winning team usage and regular usage are not the same thing. 

Unfortunately smogon doesnt show winning team's usage (proably because it actually doesn't say much more than raw tournament usage in a highly competitive environment): Like, I get why munya filters out losing teams, you don't want the stats of noobs running their storyline mons messing with the actual metagame stuff. However, anyone who qualified and played for smogons world cup I'd argue is not a storyline noob so I'd say the stats are indeed quite comparable.

Edited by iJulian
1 hour ago, iJulian said:

Kyu said in their eyes it is the default secondary metagame after OU. 

And yet you had to beg him for a doubles ladder, which was initially overlooked while UU/NU wasn't, not to mention Doubles tournaments are rare af and get shit prizes. Yeah idk man. 

10 minutes ago, pachima said:

All I see is clefable having 47,88% winratio.

tldr; People there are so good and use the so broken mons that they wins less than half the games.

GJ.

I mean it makes sense? 61.90% usage so good chance of seeing Clefable vs Clefable, cba doing the math but I assume that winrate isn't too bad

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
3 hours ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Me pregunto cuánto tardan los desarrolladores en eliminar Swords Dance de Chomp y desbloquearlo. Es bastante obvio que esta es la ruta que tomarán. 

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 109-129 (50.6 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(hone claws)

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 114-136 (53 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

i think not so much difference for ban "sword dance" only.
9 minutes ago, xMago said:
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 109-129 (50.6 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(hone claws)

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 114-136 (53 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

i think not so much difference for ban "sword dance" only.

The difference is Garchomp +2 can 2ko Hippo without using Life Orb (using EQ, not Dragon Claw), which while increasing Chomp's offensive prowess, it also decreases its longevity and makes it more prone to ice moves (downside of dropping Leftovers/Yache Berry, which I think were the most common items on SD Chomp). I'm aware Hone Claws could become a thing (and already was kinda), but imo is not as hard to handle as SD is. 

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
2 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

The difference is Garchomp +2 can 2ko Hippo without using Life Orb (using EQ, not Dragon Claw), which while increasing Chomp's offensive prowess, it also decreases its longevity and makes it more prone to ice moves (downside of dropping Leftovers/Yache Berry, which I think were the most common items on SD Chomp). I'm aware Hone Claws could become a thing (and already was kinda), but imo is not as hard to handle as SD is. 

if durant are banned from nu because he haxed so much with flinchs too, imagine chomp with flinchs of dragon rush.

2 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Durant wasn't banned for flinch hax tho

I know, he was banned for his potential damage against the walls, but it also adds its flinch that made it more difficult to play along with its speed

in case of removing sd, I see that it would become something similar to durant.

Edited by xMago
20 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Garchomp is present in 48.7% of winning Teams in Tournaments, whereas the #2 (Scizor) is at 33.08% (Difference of over 15%).

This is a massive difference and indicates beyond any doubt that Garchomp is not balanced at the moment.

It's not an easy to interpret piece of statistic, but the message it gives is clear as daylight: Garchomp is broken.

I'll give you an example in football, Bayern Munich is winning everything, a very good team, almost all games are victories, do you think they will take him out of the champions league because he wins a lot?

Isnt the best example but ok xD

so now the day of  garchomp banned is over, can we do something to ULTRA BAN ROSERADE? from nu? or at least a test ban that shit is being so annoying and  ultra potentially broken and also giving the time to fix the tier since there are so many broken and annoying stuff? and roserade isnt the only one

Edited by DarylDixon

Why is it, when something changes in the game everyone loses their mind. 
unless of course it’s a ban that the whole community wanted. 
well, I kinda know why but still. 
some of you don’t even OU. 

just be proud TC doing their jobs by taking chances instead of seeing the same old games day in, day out with Garchomp leading a team. 

Sure, there is plenty with yache berry. If you’re smart you don’t hit ice move till it’s about half HP. 

Scarfed chomp is hella more scary if it’s built around one of the most cancer OU teams, oh yes = Rain.

then there’s the Sashed Garchomp, which won the finals of a recent OU tournament 

“OU Dragon?”
Why? It was in a god damn rain team. 

Don’t get me wrong, 3-4 of my teams had Garchomp in it. 
but now, I can safely make a team where I don’t have to rely too much on countering Garchomp & instead have a team that’s better made all-round. 

just like any other previous Pokémon, it will be unbanned but for now can we just play some matches without a god damn Garchomp in it? Please? 

Y’all hate that the player base are making teams around “broken” Pokémon for the sake of “broken” but quick to defend a decision that stops them from using one. 

I feel like majority of it is only because gbwead brought it up each time, ever consider he was trying to collect information on whether this should happen or not? 

5 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Yes, as Daryl said. NU really needs sorting. Even LC needs looking over. The constant berry juice recycle being abused. If Garchomp was banned due to its usage and win rate, then honestly Mienfoo needs looking at too. 

tbh mienfoo got only high usage not even sky high win % i hope it stay in lc 

(i hate bronzor more ) 

ca3e473edcc7b4318210e4be719a87c9.png

EDIT : is bronzor moved ? 

Edited by Quinn010

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.