September-Movement Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, iJulian said:

The whole concept of a 6 man TC where 1/3 of the members dont even play is a meme. Even if they did, such a controversial decision on the most played tier should under no ciurcumstances be taken by 6 people. It's all a meme at this point.

a example of that i saw, some active player got rejected to be tc or coming back as tc, and then seeing ppl like kiwikidd joining the tc, which it doesnt even play this game anymore kinda.  

(i dont have nothing agaist this guy ) but that it's kinda unfair, i wish we could know what the hell munya is doing.

Also we are getting only  usage updates over caring about what's going on in OU,UU,NU,LC tier with op stuff. what they did it's just making happy someone who doesnt like garchomp and it feel like broken af in OU. when there are serious problem on other tiers with chaotic stuff.

anyw sorry mah english

It´s funny that players complained about clampler or roserade but the only bans that we got were arena trap and garchomp.

Casually both idea were from Gbwead and the rest TC? they decide or do what Gbwead wants.... (That happend when we have a TC who doesn´t play)

Just put LC matchmaking and fix NU and LC ( maybe if you hear people complaints we will have a better game)

18 minutes ago, iJulian said:

In addition to my previous post, which stands either way, Garchomp is particularly a difficult, divisive topic. There are a ton of  oppions on either side of the argument. It should under NO circumstances be banned because of the votes of 3 smart people, gb and 2 dead guys. What's the point of having a renewed ladder? Using smogon as reference, controversial mons (like most recently cinderace/magearna) are put on the spotlight by the coincil and then it is the playerbase who is allowed to vote. Make a system where the top 100 players of each tier are allowed to vote on the most devisive decisions that concern them. It is that simple. @Kyu

I haven't read anything that makes more sense than that here.

1 minute ago, iJulian said:

I think it felt closer to what newer gens OU are: You simply cannot counter every set from every mon, and that is A-OKAY. it makes the metagames more versatile and interesting. 

So, if I understand correctly, you would not change anything about the way OU was. Btw, did you see the finale yesterday?

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

So, if I understand correctly, you would not change anything about the way OU was. Btw, did you see the finale yesterday?

The finals that had 12 different mons? The one where garchomp was allowed to go +6 for (almost) free and still only picked up 2 kos vs the team with no speed control?

Looks good to me. 

19 minutes ago, iJulian said:

The finals that had 12 different mons? The one where garchomp was allowed to go +6 for (almost) free and still only picked up 2 kos vs the team with no speed control?

Looks good to me. 

What set did you assume the Garchomp was when you first saw it and as the duel played out?

30 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Looks good to me. 

you forgot the part garchomp would clean if it was invested in atk, ohkoing gliscor in the process

The fact a 0 atk garchomp took down two mons is interesting to say the least.

Just now, pachima said:

you forgot the part garchomp would clean if it was invested in atk, ohkoing gliscor in the process

The fact a 0 atk garchomp took down two mons is interesting to say the least.

it took down 2 mons yes, but it also damaged heavily another physical wall and placed down the rocks

44 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

its ez to become top 100 i think its just better to take a new tc 

If there is a bantest, people who want to have an opinion will play more, and it won't be so easy to be top 100, for me this is the best option, but if you don't want it to be 100, can it be less than 50? I do not know, but 6 people that some say they do not play or do not know a tier, why would they decide for those who are up to date?
5 minutes ago, XondeX said:
If there is a bantest, people who want to have an opinion will play more, and it won't be so easy to be top 100, for me this is the best option, but if you don't want it to be 100, can it be less than 50? I do not know, but 6 people that some say they do not play or do not know a tier, why would they decide for those who are up to date?

i think ou ladder is hard to climb to top 100 but the other tiers are not so big 617 elo for nu top100 is not that hard (edit would be great if more people can vote that play this game active)

Edited by Quinn010

Let's see, I'm not going to talk about the garchomp ban or anything, but if for future bans and similar things, as Julián said in things that do not mery quick ban, they should make a vote made by the players with the Best elo and a percentage of Víctor y greater than 75%, so as not to let any inexperienced person give a vote, on the case, why are inactive players members of TC? I think outside of the ban of garchomp or some other, TC members should be active members who are attentive to the change and gameplay of the current meta.

I use a translator so sorry if some things cannot be understood.

42 minutes ago, gbwead said:

What set did you assume the Garchomp was when you first saw it and as the duel played out?

image.thumb.png.ee068ca9848fb645c92c0fdc54e2b2e4.png

From team preview you can see that only blissey or chomp can be the rocks. 

turn 2 it's revealed. turn 3 it shows sd on gliscor's u-turn (Note: at this point garchomp is +0, gliscor chose to stay to u-turn . We also saw that +6 dclaw failed to ko gliscor. Had gliscor chosen to just spam eq instead it wouldv've easily won the 1v1)

Also note:

a) chucks team has no speed control

b) I mentioned how this previous ou reminds me of newer gens ou

c) running balance/offense without speed control in newer gens ou is simply a sin. bad teambuilding

a + b + c -> With a better build, chuck would've u-turned or teleported out to scarf hydreigh and that would've been it. Chomp is forced out.

and even THEN. while chomp got to +6 it only picked up 2 kos and it had to read its opponent thrice to do so (first, staying on gliscors uturn that couldve been an eq, toxic or icefang which would've ended the chomp, second, SDing up on the gliscor's full hp roost, and then EQ'ing gliscor while at +6 to catch the metagross switch in. if gliscor eq'd on either of those turns that was it, chomp is again, gone.)

So, recapitulating: chomp faced a team with uturn + teleport but no speed control (bad) , got more or less a free +6 setup by outplaying its opponent not once not twice but three times and even after all of that it only managed to pick 2 kos. I dont think you could've chosen a better example to display why chomp is indeed, not broken.

@gbwead @pachima 

@Munya These are the arguments of your TC LOL: Watch these finals where broken garchomp played vs a bad build, got 10 free turns and yet only managed to ko 2 mons (and to be fair, set up rocks) if anything the game proves their entirelly opposite point and they cant even see it.

Give that many free turns to a magearna, kartana, kommomo-o or any of the countless threats gen7 has. Go ahead tell me how well that works out for you. Yet I dont see any smogon TC members using bad gameplay to argue for their bans. oh wait they're actually smart.

Edited by iJulian
2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

[OU] Broken and Bulk - Round #8 - Finals

Thank you.

Also, im new to the competitive scene at that mmo, but i has played competitive Pokemon since 2010. I dont think that im a top tier player or anything, but i have some notions about it. As a new player there, theres some stuffs that i want to understand.

1.  The game already tried to make a vote session with the top players about the tiers? What do you think about it? I see people complaining about pokemon that are too strong in smaller categories, feeling ignored, while there are people debating whether something is broken or not in the OU, to the end, a minority decides whether it is broken or not. There is no perfect system. But I believe that this way, with higher ranking players voting, it would make more sense.

2. That is the first time that something is banned to UBERS? Im not talking about some moves, sets or combos. A specific mon, like garchomp. Im asking that because i have read at the global chat that the game was nerfing some moves in the game (the one that i know about is batton pass). So, the game do nerfs and bans all together? I dont like nerfs at this game that was not done by the original games (i still prefer bans), but if you guys adopt that system together with bans isnt it a messy thing to the game itself?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.