September-Movement Discussion Thread

Just follow the original Pokemon game's current tournament rules. Don't particularly need to ban or Nerf Pokemons/moves unless the official game does. Just revert back the changes made on Pokemons/move powers and follow the official game to obtain authenticity .  If done changes, It defeats the purpose of being original and following the original game's tournament tier/pokemons/move powers. Tournaments are about strategy and not for someone's convince. Just my thought....

7 minutes ago, champiom69 said:

Just follow the original Pokemon game's current tournament rules. Don't particularly need to ban or Nerf Pokemons/moves unless the official game does. Just revert back the changes made on Pokemons/move powers and follow the official game to obtain authenticity .  If done changes, It defeats the purpose of being original and following the original game's tournament tier/pokemons/move powers. Tournaments are about strategy and not for someone's convince. Just my thought....

Worst idea ever ... Let's move on shall we?

Thank you, gbwead, for being one of the few members of the council who actively participates in discussions.  It sucks that we are in a position where we should feel grateful to have elicited a response from a council member, and if things stay the way they are, the future of this game looks bleak from a competitive perspective.   

I've only seen gbwead and kiwi give their viewpoint in this thread.  I think Blue said something in the Hydreigon thread; I could be overlooking some posts from other members of the council, but it would be nice to know what the remaining viewpoints of the other council members are and why it is that they feel this way.  There is hardly any transparency with regards to the functioning of the council, and so it is hard to call someone out on an uninformed stance.

Edited by NikhilR
19 hours ago, champiom69 said:

I kindawhat agree with you, but i think that some buffs or nerfs in mons is a good idea because:

1 - The meta isnt the same of the original games (smogon) because there inst some pokemon here (legendaries, mythical, etc etc) so the balance thing here is different.
2 - Buffs/Nerfs/ together with tiers rotations makes the game "fresh".

Im a newcommer to this mmo and thats is just my opinion. I doesn't know all about the competitive story here. Also, if there is nerfs in a specific pokemon/move, would be interesting that would be buffs too. wynaut?

On 8/29/2020 at 1:47 AM, DarylDixon said:

Rhyperiro, rhydon and escavalier can deal with em, unless now without gligar drapion gonna run fire fang

+2 252 Atk Drapion Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 192-228 (86.4 - 102.7%) -- 

Kill rhyperior with 1 layer of spikes 

On 8/29/2020 at 7:47 AM, DarylDixon said:

Rhyperiro can deal with Drapion

38 minutes ago, Huargensy said:

+2 252 Atk Drapion Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 192-228 (86.4 - 102.7%) -- 

Kill rhyperior with 1 layer of spikes 

16 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

How do you expect to switch into a rhyperior and sdance?
thats not a counter nor a check

@Aerun giving away the secrets with Tangela. Imagine if it had Regenerator too!

This chat appears to be the classic: Our game isn't balanced (due to lack of Hidden Abilities and Legendaries) vs I can't win because of X-Y-Z (maybe you're bad).

I think something we should honestly take into account is our leader boards. We can see that OU is stale at the top, meaning the same pokemon are being used over and over again, but that's kind of what Overused just is. Now let's take a look at the win percentage for our leaders. The majority have a 70% or better win rate, which in my opinion is pretty damn good considering all the fuckery (mechanics) Pokemon inherently has, such as crits, miss chances, and all that shit to balance bad players out with good players.

If OU was broken, what win percentage would you see the top players having? Less than 70%? I can't say, but if our better players are winning more, then that's a sign of a good metagame.

I would agree with you from a purely theoretical standpoint @DoubleJ. However, if you look at the games played by our leaders, it becomes quite clear that this 70% win rate comes from players spamming broken mons. The latest OU finale (CHUCKunso #5 on the leaderboard vs Ihikaril #13 on the leaderboard) shows how much a specific pokemon is shamefully ruining our entire metagame.

Edited by gbwead
41 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I would agree with you from a purely theoretical standpoint @DoubleJ. However, if you look at the games played by our leaders, it becomes quite clear that this 70% win rates comes from players spamming broken mons. The latest OU finale (CHUCKunso #5 on the leaderboard vs Ihikaril #13 on the leaderboard) shows how much a specific pokemon is shamefully ruining our entire metagame.

In other words, better players know how to play broken mons to their advantage as well. I see says the blind man. Let me go see this wonderful match.

2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

If OU was broken, what win percentage would you see the top players having? Less than 70%? I can't say, but if our better players are winning more, then that's a sign of a good metagame.

Eh it doesn't work like that unfortunately. We don't have a true ELO ladder because we are sacrificing it for faster pairings, which is fine. I've had many times that I got matched against a 'Trainer' while I was in the top 100. Often these are just easier matches. The high win percentage players (like 80%+) are often also using stall which beats inexperienced players hard. Something like HO can still be beaten by worse players with misses and well timed crits. 

And like gb said, the top players know how to abuse the broken shit right now. Like dragmag teams are absolutely disgusting, yet not many people are using it yet.

1 hour ago, ThinkNicer said:

Eh it doesn't work like that unfortunately. We don't have a true ELO ladder because we are sacrificing it for faster pairings, which is fine. I've had many times that I got matched against a 'Trainer' while I was in the top 100. Often these are just easier matches. The high win percentage players (like 80%+) are often also using stall which beats inexperienced players hard. Something like HO can still be beaten by worse players with misses and well timed crits. 

And like gb said, the top players know how to abuse the broken shit right now. Like dragmag teams are absolutely disgusting, yet not many people are using it yet.

Dragonite and magnezone?

• Munya unfeatured this topic

I agree that Garchomp is a heavily used and dangerous threat, even without the PvP ability, but from my point of view, I don't see Garchomp as something that is simply too much for OU. I don't see any reason to remove it from the meta, it has its counters pretty well set.

postscript: Yes, I know, I was late.

Edited by DiosSlurpuff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.