Comp team help

Hey everyone, I came back to this game after a long hiatus and what better way is there to start afresh than to make a (somewhat) competitive comp, lol.

I want to build a team around some of my favourite pokemon - I 100% want to include Serperior in my team since that is my favourite pokemon. However, I have no idea about synergies and stuff and I was always bad at the competitive stuff tbh.

I was thinking of building either a SD ATK Serperior or a SP. ATK Serperior with giga drain, wring out, toxic and calm mind...

The other Pokemon I'd like to include are:
1. Chandelure (flamethrower, shadow ball, energy ball, hidden power fighting)

2. Togekiss (HP and DEF EVs with nasty plot)
3. Umbreon (defensive but I'm unsure of the build, I know the Toxic/Substitute build was popular a couple years back?)
4. Gastrodon (I have no idea what to go with here but I was thinking of building Gastrodon defensively)
5. ?Haxorus (with Swords Dance)

... Again, I'm not really sure how these pokemon would work together, and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to point out as many different options I work towards, I'm (obviously) willing to swap some of these pokemon for some other ones that you suggest might fit better, but I'd like to at least keep Serperior and maybe one or two more on the list.

Thank you for reading this extensive post :)

Ok, after some decision-making, I feel like I've finally got a solid team down. I tried these guys out in Pokemon Showdown and they seem to be doing fine. I used google and an extensive list of OU Pokemon with their movesets (shout-out to OrangeManiac). The post above is very vague and I acknowledge that.

Ferrothorn (252 HP/ 252 DEF)
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs

Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed

Chansey (252 HP/252 DEF)
Nature: Bold
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure

Wish
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Toxic

Togekiss (252 HP/252 DEF)
Nature: Bold
Ability: Serene Grace

Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Softboiled
Thunder Wave

Gastrodon (144 HP/ 108 DEF/252 SP.ATK)
Nature: Modest
Ability: Storm Drain

Scald
Earth Power
Recover
Ice Beam

Haxorus (252 ATK/252 SPE)
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker

Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Low Kick
Aqua Tail

Chandelure (252 SP.ATK/252 SPE)
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash FIre

Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Trick

Overall, I think the team is okay. I'm still kinda learning how to use it. Chansey is AMAZING, I usually don't even need to use any other Pokemon besides her. The others definitely had their moments of glory as well, but they felt kinda situational if that makes sense. I won plenty of times, but I lost too, mainly because I'm still figuring these guys out. My main concern is the lack of electric type moves such as Thunderbolt - flying is the only type that I can't counter (and that doesn't counter me either). But overall, I'm happy with these guys. Idk if there's anything I should try swapping out? Maybe changing the moves a little bit? I wanted to get HP Fighting on Chandelure but tbh I don't really get HP breeding even after reading a couple of posts explaining it lol;

Edit: I realise I originally thought of building my comp around Serperior, but I realised Serperior might not be the best Pokemon in the meta RN, even though I adore it so much.

Edited by Smarthbunny

The set I generally run on chansey is with flamethrower. Just to keep the steel types in check if for some reason you find your self against it. Gastro is your rain counter so I'd put more bulk on it than invest in SpA. But otherwise, the team looks solid. 

41 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

The set I generally run on chansey is with flamethrower. Just to keep the steel types in check if for some reason you find your self against it. Gastro is your rain counter so I'd put more bulk on it than invest in SpA. But otherwise, the team looks solid. 

Awesome, thank you so much!

1 hour ago, EricRasp said:

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 42-50 (24.4 - 29%)

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 44-56 (24.3 - 30.9%)

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario: 42-50 (28.9 - 34.4%) -- 28.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 28-34 (16 - 19.5%)

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 20-24 (14.8 - 17.7%)

You're simply better off using Seismic Toss because of Chansey's dismal special attack. The few things its better against is Scizor and Defensive Ferrothorn. The team is also in need of some hazard control. Maybe drop Nasty Plot on Togekiss, I'm not seeing it sweeping anyway with that EV spread. Then you can run Defog.

1 minute ago, ThinkNicer said:

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 42-50 (24.4 - 29%)

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 44-56 (24.3 - 30.9%)

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario: 42-50 (28.9 - 34.4%) -- 28.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 28-34 (16 - 19.5%)

0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gengar: 20-24 (14.8 - 17.7%)

You're simply better off using Seismic Toss because of Chansey's dismal special attack. The few things its better against is Scizor and Defensive Ferrothorn. The team is also in need of some hazard control. Maybe drop Nasty Plot on Togekiss, I'm not seeing it sweeping anyway with that EV spread. Then you can run Defog.

I also like the chance for it to burn but I do agree that Seismic toss is the most popular variant :)