UU Reward

1 hour ago, Yusing said:

Why didn't the UU pkmn reward change? Everything else did, but UU still has a venomoth lol. Pls change it ;-;

dubs has even a horrible weekly prizes lmao, but yeah i dont get why in uu there is again venomoth, also i dont get why the f they put weather rocks as prize lmao

Edited by DarylDixon
22 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Do point rewards still factor in *gulp* match length? Cuz I keep beating scrubs in 5 minutes or they wait just before the 10 minute mark to click forfeit. 

To an extent, but not as much as before now. A 5 minute game will not equal a 10 minute game, but players who try to grief you by forfeiting just before "cut-off times" won't accomplish anything; the system scales much more smoothly due to increased point scales and more tolerant math.

We have considered instituting penalties against players who forfeit excessively and early, but I'm not convinced it's a great idea atm.

7 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

I usually dont mind repeat Pokemon because you can EV them differently etc. 

true but veno doesnt have that much options i can have about 10 metagross maybe more but veno is very limited with sets. i maybe make rage powder dubs set now xD bc this reward is pretty ussles now

16 hours ago, Kyu said:

To an extent, but not as much as before now. A 5 minute game will not equal a 10 minute game, but players who try to grief you by forfeiting just before "cut-off times" won't accomplish anything; the system scales much more smoothly due to increased point scales and more tolerant math.

We have considered instituting penalties against players who forfeit excessively and early, but I'm not convinced it's a great idea atm.

56 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

true but veno doesnt have that much options i can have about 10 metagross maybe more but veno is very limited with sets. i maybe make rage powder dubs set now xD bc this reward is pretty ussles now

curse careful venomoth ez 

On 8/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, Kyu said:

I'm getting on average like 30-35 points per win. Would you say that's good or bad? Think my max was 50 points. I feel like winning too fast is still punishing me, but I literally can't play slower matches with the team I'm using currently. 

I played like 60 games with a >85% Winrate and I'm only 1/10 of what I need for the Tentacool hat. Having to do what I did 9 more times feels kinda ass. 

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
1 hour ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

I'm getting on average like 30-35 points per win. Would you say that's good or bad? Think my max was 50 points. I feel like winning too fast is still punishing me, but I literally can't play slower matches with the team I'm using currently. 

I played like 60 games with a >85% Winrate and I'm only 1/10 of what I need for the Tentacool hat. Having to do what I did 9 more times feels kinda ass. 

It's scummy, but if you run your timer to make sure you spend at least 10 seconds every move and then run it all the way out towards the end you can easily hit the 10 minute mark on a game that was supposed to last 4min. Key is to run it out when you feel you're in a spot to 100% win (though if it's too obvious sometimes the opp will ff first). Average gain was around 40-50 and max gain I got was 65 from a 15 or 20 min game vs a top ladder. 

^^ I've stated this isn't healthy competition in the past, but if my opponent is going to bring 5-6 walls to exploit time scaling, I'll take my time breaking them down

Doing this with a 70-75% wr gets about 200 points an hour, so +/- 50 total hours needed per 3 months

1 hour ago, Gilan said:

New rate definitely feels better than the old one.

It's a lot less time consuming compared to the old system (about 125 hours needed with the winrate above^). The compensation for the second upscale in requirements was amazing and much appreciated (rip the first upscale compensation though). Overall, it definitely feels a lot more reasonable and sustainable going forward, so ty devs