[Official] Sunday Night Heavyweights (Feb Edition)

Shanie

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4To6VHW.jpg[/img]

[b][color=#800080]CM Strychnine[/color][/b] will be hosting our February edition of Sunday Night Heavyweights.

Click [url="http://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/10806-list-of-clauses-and-what-they-mean/"]here[/url] for a list of clauses and what they mean. Broken moves are subject to change.

[center]Registration [b][u]is closed.[/u][/b][/center]
[center]
Location of Tournament:[/center]
[center][u][b][size=6]Fighting Dojo, Saffron City, Ch 7[/size][/b][/u][/center]
[center][url="http://challonge.com/SundayNightHeavyweightsFeb"][u][b][size=6]Bracket Information[/size][/b][/u][/url][/center]
On this date, post in this thread with your In-Game Name. Anyone attempting to register before that date and time will have to register again at that date and time. Forum posted time is the correct time.

This is a monthly event. The Masters Invitational will be held at the end of December in 2013. More details on that in the future.

[quote name='SmokEm' timestamp='1359041634' post='171673']
That doesn't mean its more skillful. Hurrdurr i cn lvls my pokemans
[/quote]

I believe Shanie has been using a randomizer to decide prizes. It's just happened to work out that rarer ones have been on the heavyweights.

[spoiler] trust me, i didn't want to give away a shiny dratini either ;_; [/spoiler]

100s takes a bit of time to level to and opens up far more strategies than 50s does (Dragonite, etc.). Thus 100s should have better prizes. However I still think 50s should have slightly better stuff too. Also stop with the 3 Rare Candies for 2nd place... I can run an alt in 30 mins and get 4. At least make 2nd place not feel like a piece of crap when they fall short. Why not something like a Shiny Pidgey/Rat at least? Seems like a slap in the face. lol.

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1359047900' post='171755']
100s takes a bit of time to level to and opens up far more strategies than 50s does (Dragonite, etc.). Thus 100s should have better prizes. However I still think 50s should have slightly better stuff too. Also stop with the 3 Rare Candies for 2nd place... I can run an alt in 30 mins and get 4. At least make 2nd place not feel like a piece of crap when they fall short. Why not something like a Shiny Pidgey/Rat at least? Seems like a slap in the face. lol.
[/quote]

It opens as many as it closes imo, watch how many teams have Dragonite and/or Ttar this tournament.

[quote name='SmokEm' timestamp='1359048645' post='171761']

It opens as many as it closes imo, watch how many teams have Dragonite and/or Ttar this tournament.
[/quote]

Regardless of how many closes, it opens up far more with every viable Pokemon now having access to their entire leveling-up moveset. They're as big a part of the metagame as any other Pokemon. Learn how to deal with them. Everyone else has to as well.

[quote name='Munya' timestamp='1359051996' post='171789']

Second place is the first loser, they are lucky to get anything.
[/quote]

That's like saying my brother and sister don't deserve clothes and food because I was born first. I should get all of it.

Everyone puts in tons of hard work to compete in these tournaments. And as such, the ones who go the furthest should be rewarded for that work and skill in choices. They're the best of the group at the time, period. The problem is the reward that is for the one who gets to the end and just barely falls short basically gets a proverbial slap in the face and laughed at for that work.

[quote][b]Hax Item Clause: [/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The use of items such as King's Rock, Brightpowder [not yet available], Lax Incense, Focus Band [effect not yet implemented] and Quick Claw [effect not yet implemented] is banned. Hax items are often seen in the same light as evasion moves, so expect your opponent to get angry if you successfully dodge their 100% accurate move.[/font][/color][/quote]

You put stock in this? I can understand Brightpowder, Lax Incense, and Focus Band being banned, but Quick Claw and King's Rock? You're begging Marowak to be on every team. Items clause is a tough sell without access to Choice Band.

[quote name='ThinkNice' timestamp='1359058268' post='171849']
Ehmmm... Egg-race!
[/quote]

EDIT: Actually, conception usually occurs when hundreds of sperm break the egg's surface by sacrificing themselves and [i]then[/i] the one that takes gets through. So you're not faster than your sperm brethren, you're just lazy and let them do your work for you.

And we don't have a "Second Place Master's Invitational" either, but guess what? 2nd place means if you strategize a little harder, next time you'll likely win.

We don't need to hand out anything for 2nd place, but a little something is better than nothing, in my opinion.

[quote name='Shanie' timestamp='1359061404' post='171874']
And we don't have a "Second Place Master's Invitational" either, but guess what? 2nd place means if you strategize a little harder, next time you'll likely win.

We don't need to hand out anything for 2nd place, but a little something is better than nothing, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Fair enough, but wouldn't it be nice for that 2nd place not to feel like crap and then beating them over the head with a kind of lame prize after realizing they just lost the final match? I know I'd feel like shit.

[quote name='TLKV3' timestamp='1359066910' post='171973']
Fair enough, but wouldn't it be nice for that 2nd place not to feel like crap and then beating them over the head with a kind of lame prize after realizing they just lost the final match? I know I'd feel like shit.
[/quote]

Hey, they still come away with more than

[spoiler]THE LOSER OF THE SUPER BOWL DOES[/spoiler]

[quote name='DarkPlague2863' timestamp='1359068999' post='171998']
Hey, they still come away with more than

[spoiler]THE LOSER OF THE SUPER BOWL DOES[/spoiler]
[/quote]

I think the millions of dollars they get paid to play football compensates for that lol

Anyways, can't wait for this tourney.

[quote name='MrMagicbuzz' timestamp='1359081744' post='172149']
I can read, I just want to put my name there so I don't have to do so at a later date... Especially since I'm lazy =3
[/quote]

[quote name='Shanie' timestamp='1359041221' post='171668']On this date, post in this thread with your In-Game Name. Anyone attempting to register before that date and time will have to register again at that date and time. Forum posted time is the correct time.[/quote]

[quote name='MrMagicbuzz' timestamp='1359081744' post='172149']
I can read
[/quote]

k

[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1359083620' post='172176']
I wouldn't even use the Rare Candies. Don't they screw up leveling? Like the stats aren't as high as normal? A rare candy is just fucking up the persons party. Should get a nice IV Nature Pokemon
[/quote]

Not if the EVs are already maxed out.

[quote name='Cifer44' timestamp='1359083620' post='172176']
I wouldn't even use the Rare Candies. Don't they screw up leveling? Like the stats aren't as high as normal? A rare candy is just fucking up the persons party. Should get a nice IV Nature Pokemon
[/quote]

Rare Candies just add enough experience to level up without giving any EVs (like a reverse Amnesia Brace).