New Colorable Limited Vanity!

FighterChamp

Question

Hello there!

I just want to give this suggestion that if Developers can add more limited vanities with 'colorable' Option. So far we got only Electric Storm and Desu Lab Coat as Colorable Limited Vanity(As Much I know) But Those are mostly unobtainable due to price. So Why not add more colorable limited vanity?

It'd be better to have limited colorable vanity.

19 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

What are your thoughts on Limited Vanity items without a night glow effect?

Some I think are great, but imo it all depends on the design. Lately the only limited items without a glow effect we got were Boar hood/costume, Penguin, Phoenix, etc, & they all seem like the same design sent to us over and over again only slightly tweaked. For example boar costume is the same as blue/pink overalls or how frog/penguin/small rat costumes are the same just diff colors. This is the main reason why I don't think they are as popular in the long run compared to others, not simply because they lack lighting effects. The night glow effect can also be a bit underwhelming for some limited vanities like Christmas lights or Rudolph antlers for example. It almost seems sometimes like the design is leaning too heavily on the glow effects to carry them. The ones that seem do be really popular seem to be the ones that are the most unique, so I think design is the most important aspect.

I think @FighterChamp has a point here, colorable limited items are a cool idea because we can customize them a bit more and make them a more unique experience. I don't think it's possible from a comment you made in the past, but a colorable glow effect vanity would also be cool.

Also not to derail this thread, but Kyu said on a thread a while back that "event only" vanities were supposed to be the equivalent of limited vanities for players who don't want to spend real money, and so far I don't believe I have seen an event only item with glow effects. It would be nice to see that happen in the future.

4 hours ago, awkways said:

Some I think are great, but imo it all depends on the design. Lately the only limited items without a glow effect we got were Boar hood/costume, Penguin, Phoenix, etc, & they all seem like the same design sent to us over and over again only slightly tweaked. For example boar costume is the same as blue/pink overalls or how frog/penguin/small rat costumes are the same just diff colors. This is the main reason why I don't think they are as popular in the long run compared to others, not simply because they lack lighting effects. The night glow effect can also be a bit underwhelming for some limited vanities like Christmas lights or Rudolph antlers for example. It almost seems sometimes like the design is leaning too heavily on the glow effects to carry them. The ones that seem do be really popular seem to be the ones that are the most unique, so I think design is the most important aspect.

I think @FighterChamp has a point here, colorable limited items are a cool idea because we can customize them a bit more and make them a more unique experience. I don't think it's possible from a comment you made in the past, but a colorable glow effect vanity would also be cool.

Also not to derail this thread, but Kyu said on a thread a while back that "event only" vanities were supposed to be the equivalent of limited vanities for players who don't want to spend real money, and so far I don't believe I have seen an event only item with glow effects. It would be nice to see that happen in the future.

do you actually still have the link of kyu saying that - cause i actually kinda also read all devs comment for years now and im surprised because i only can recall talking about kyu that they might reintroduce event only if they ever run out of ideas - not likely but still possible, which would be kinda the opposite of being the equivalent of limited vanities.

on topic: lightning effects are nice to have - but not a must. i agree entirely on what awk said

Edited by Quakkz
3 hours ago, Quakkz said:

do you actually still have the link of kyu saying that

Spoiler

"Whether that makes the game better is debatable, because while it may seem "pay2win" (protip: we release free versions of limiteds literally every event, although they're not perfectly equatable to paid variants due to natural supply/demand of free vs paid users), it not only provides a store of wealth where it's otherwise impossible, but it ensures that goods traded between players for normal gameplay are able to be consistently inflated (HIGHLY AVAILABLE) by pegging peak wealth against something which is untouchable, which helps user adoption during the mature stages of a game's life by allowing us to make sure that gameplay-affecting items are inflated while retaining the prestige of having something valuable. Probably. "

Regarding this segment, you're right:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Quakkz said:

i only can recall talking about kyu that they might reintroduce event only if they ever run out of ideas - not likely but still possible, which would be kinda the opposite of being the equivalent of limited vanities.

"It's something which we're debating internally, iirc. The last time we talked about it was probably Christmas or Halloween 2018. We're considering re-releasing them after an extremely long period of time, e.g. a few years from now, but I'm not sure we ever will. Depends on if we get to the point of running out of ideas for events, or if we run too many (3x per year already feels like too many imo, but this was an exceptionally bad year due to how much work was required to make them work in NDS areas, so we'll see throughout 2019).

Good catch though, I completely forgot about that. That would push the debate of whether free users have the same opportunities as paid users."

Sorry again not trying to derail this thread. I would love to see more hair limited vanities.

13 hours ago, Darkshade said:

What are your thoughts on Limited Vanity items without a night glow effect?

Sadly I can't Suggest You about Vanities. I am not a pixel artist. As example i think We can get colour able Glasses as Limited. We can get a colour able hammer at back as limited or Event Only.

It depends on You and Other creative ppls what they design. Ppl like me will  only enjoy those vanities. I made this suggestion because I see old players enjoying their Colour able limited vanities(It's too cool to change the colours of your limited vanities) but i can't. So I just want to see some colour able limited vanities in Future(No Matter When)which i can obtain and change colours.

I agree with awk, It depends on the design of vanities to make colour able or lighting.

Cool Design+ Colour able and Cool Design + Lighting effect both looks good. Desu Coat look beautiful without any lighting effects becoz it got great designs, other hand Flaming skull and Jack Lantern look cool for their designs and lighting effects.

So good luck if you make limited colour able vanities in future.

-----------------------------------------------------------

14 hours ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

reaper hood different colour rather than black/red and flaming skull mask too 

I totally deny on it. Those are Now Limited, returning them is not what i suggested. We need new Colour able vanities for future with new designs, forget those old ones with new looks.

2 hours ago, FighterChamp said:

Sadly I can't Suggest You about Vanities. I am not a pixel artist. As example i think We can get colour able Glasses as Limited. We can get a colour able hammer at back as limited or Event Only.

It depends on You and Other creative ppls what they design. Ppl like me will  only enjoy those vanities. I made this suggestion because I see old players enjoying their Colour able limited vanities(It's too cool to change the colours of your limited vanities) but i can't. So I just want to see some colour able limited vanities in Future(No Matter When)which i can obtain and change colours.

I agree with awk, It depends on the design of vanities to make colour able or lighting.

Cool Design+ Colour able and Cool Design + Lighting effect both looks good. Desu Coat look beautiful without any lighting effects becoz it got great designs, other hand Flaming skull and Jack Lantern look cool for their designs and lighting effects.

So good luck if you make limited colour able vanities in future.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I totally deny on it. Those are Now Limited, returning them is not what i suggested. We need new Colour able vanities for future with new designs, forget those old ones with new looks.

like the one from suggestion thread? lich king outfit? groundon outfit? or rayquaza outfit? mimikyu outfit? and so on? new colour able vanities for new design would be cool sure 

22 hours ago, myyteixna said:

Hello, maybe we can have this as an inspiration for new limited vanity. 

temp_1597804031613.jpg

you would have to talk to those thread for them graphic designer to see this but would i mind use this for that thread and hope devs sees this.

edit actually i posted to 

*my bad if i took a picture

Edited by FelinkaAnnie