Doubles Invitational (August 29th)

dank.jpg.10a6a05e66f4963f70df553b53267de3.jpg

Since the staff doesn't wanna host a good tourney I will. The players listed below are the 28 best candidates from the opinion of a select few and myself. Last 4 are open spots to make your case if you wanna play. If you cannot play, tell me sooner than later so I can find a replacement. Looking for a couple folks to help host so I don't have to pull from v4. Any donations will be added to the prize. If I could get a streamer to stream some matches that would be dope, if not I'll just make a twitch and stream.

Rules:

Spoiler

Tournament will be a bo3, no team lock(teams can be switched at any point), loser bracket tournament. Shittalking is encouraged but coaching is not. I'm not gonna enforce any dumb rules like having dnd on or dq anyone for it . But, you were invited for your ability to play, If its parke vs Imat people wanna see parke vs imat. Not imat, julian, rendi, and eyl vs parke, orange, zigh, and aerun. Matches will be conducted when both players are ready. You have 5 minutes from when both players are ready  between sets and 2 minutes between matches. Exceptions can be made upon request , just be vocal that you have to do something. With that being said as the host I reserve the right to extend the time(don't be scummy and try to get by with free wins). In typical loser bracket fashion in grand finals a person coming from losers needs to win 2 sets, a person from winners only 1.

Silph Co. Channel 4

Time:

August 29th : 9:00 am EST/ 9:00 pm CST/ 1:00 pm GMT or here(subject to change upon community request)

Signups:

All requested players+ 4 open slots for picked players( players will be selected the Friday prior to the tournament)

Prizes:

1st: 10mil+ perfect comp of choice(no male/female only or genderless fyi)+ donations

2nd: 2 lava cookies(if your not first your last)

Everyone else:1 lava cookie(refer to the above quote)

Donations:

Soon tm?

Hosts:

Myself(pls halp)

As a last note I'm gonna talk about the selection of players. Some of the players who are gonna be on the list I hate, some I like. The bases for selection is a combo of mm and tournament success. The last 4 open slots covers for anyone I missed and the extra players opinions cover for the biased host. If even after that u don't agree with my choices, suck it up its my yen I'm gonna do what I want with it. But to end on a positive note, come out for a good time of "high level" matches and to prove your the best player(jk im not playing so its invalid).Min of 16 players to start, if we don't get 16 fine by me I save a lot of yen. Good luck and have fun to all.

Last edit I swear. If all the mentioned players can either pm me or send me a mail telling me if the time works that would be nice

Edited by Imabetheverybest1

PLAYERS: Ill throw explanations in to justify the choices

@Zigh: Guy has won half the officials this year, ofc hes playing .

@OrangeManiac: Always has been one of the guys to beat in doubles, #2 on mm leaderboard(kek) and tournament leaderboards.

@iJulian :Guys beat everyone and is regarded as an top 3 player

@gbwead :Long time hater of doubles whos always been pretty good at the format. Great mm and tourney success.

@TiToooo Top 5 tourney success player

@min1004kr(EYL) :Top 5 mm player and top 10 tourney player

@SMB(if forum name) A top 30 mm player with a lot of praises from good players

@reliefgouai :Top 3 tourney player

@HALOTT :Top 5 mm player whos taken games off a lot of the big names

@Aerun:Top 10 mm player who won the last cc(caterpies #1)

@Parke top 10 mm player with good tourney runs. 

@NagaHex Won the first tournament post update cc also has deep  tourney runs

@MaatthewMLG top 10 tourney player/ good mm success 

@GasaiYunoSanthe pro themselves. multiple cc wins plus top 20 mm player

@AngelosRed (if forum name) Top 10 tourney player

@InuYashaLtop 20 mm/tourney player

@Sebat Top 10 tourney player

@Superman Solid tourney runs/ top 25 mm player

@XondeXTop 20 tourney player

@JosueFengtop 20 tourney player

@RickyPoketop 25 tourney player/ good mm success

@PoseidonWrathtop 25 tourney/ top 20 mm player

@Guillex(if forum name)Top 25 tourney/ top 50 mm player

@Kamowanthere Top 20 mm player with solid tourney runs

@fishcakes(if forum name) Top 10 mm player

@xXBlu3BreathXx solid mm player with a lot of tourney success spring fever top 3

@isi1993 multiple HOF entries

@Renditop 3 / arguably the best of his time. Multiple HOF entries/spring fever invite

@DoubleJ  multiple HOF entries/spring fever invite

If any of these names are somebody's alt just let me know so I can get them off the list. For the last 4 spots post your claim to it.

Edited by Imabetheverybest1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.