Item Held Rate for Wild Poke?

28 minutes ago, Dip said:

We can see which items a poke can hold in wild from dex but do we know anything about the chance a wild poke holds an item? Is it 5% for everything (or for most)?

it should be that the rate, might id exclude that rate on lucky egg held from chansey and small egg from pelippers

6 hours ago, Quakkz said:

I recall that back then devs said the rate varies. More rare Pokemon = higher item chance. common pokemon = lower chance. But that has been a while ago and im not 100% sure about it, would have to dig it up but meh, motivation

Thanks for your response, after some digging I found this response which was made in 2019.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:35 AM, Rache said:

If something has a chance to hold an item in one location, it has a chance to hold the same item in all locations it can be found in - it's determined entirely by the species, not by where it's found. The only exception to this rule is that anything encountered via smashing rocks has a chance to hold a fossil, when regular encounters of the same species don't.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:19 AM, Rache said:

The rate doesn't vary at all, you're just getting lucky/unlucky. It's a flat 5% chance in this instance, no matter which region you're hunting in.

So seems like the way it works currently is 5% flat.

However, I also found this

and there, it seems the OP's experience was that some items were easier to find on some pokemon than others, which makes sense if more rare Pokemon = higher item chance. common pokemon = lower chance. Also this was posted in 2015 .