Second Server or Ban Legendaries from Competitive

Ylsgink

Question

I have recently started to play PokeMMO and I have been really enjoying it. As much as I've been enjoying I feel that something is missing from the game with the little to no legendaries.

Although I understand what they are trying to do and I think that it deserves a place in the game i believe the having only a couple of legendaries available to a few people removes tons of end game content for those who are not into the competitive aspect of Pokemon.

I don't know how realistic these options are but here is what I think could be most reasonable:

1. Second Server: This one is a bit of a shot in the dark but the possibility of a second server where competitive matchmaking is disabled and all the legendaries are in the game would be absolutely phenomenal. Still the option to fight other players through meeting up within the regions but at least no competitive matchmaking with the second server.

2. Ban Legendaries from Competitive: This is the more reasonable option and could probably be implemented the easiest. Before going into a matchmaking game each roster would be checked to see if a legendary was on the roster, if so they would not be able to play. Something along this line not sure about specifics though. 

As a new player I don't know too much but I definitely have seen the amount of people who want more legendaries in the game one way or another. And I've seen that there are talks of having raids or dungeons to allow more legendaries to be captured but these are just some of my ideas that could possibly be implemented relatively easily, especially option 2. Hope this gives some ideas to the developers. 

5 answers to this question

Legendaries don't solely form a problem to PVP. They will mainly affect the PvE balancing as trainer rebattles, gyms and even E4/Champion teams don't stand a chance against a team of six level 100 UBER tier pokemon.

Our virtual economy would be flushed down the drain due to the easy payouts generated by said legendaries.

Edited by HumongousNoodle
Grammar
10 hours ago, HumongousNoodle said:

Legendaries don't solely form a problem to PVP. They will mainly affect the PvE balancing as trainer rebattles, gyms and even E4/Champion teams don't stand a chance against a team of six level 100 UBER tier pokemon.

Our virtual economy would be flushed down the drain due to the easy payouts generated by said legendaries.

So what exactly does a Suicune or a Zapdos do to gyms, that Typhlosion or Garchomp can't already?

On 8/14/2020 at 9:46 AM, LifeStyleNORE said:

So what exactly does a Suicune or a Zapdos do to gyms, that Typhlosion or Garchomp can't already?

When were Suicune and Zapdos considered UBER tier legendaries?

I'm not opposed to adding legendaries as a whole, especially with the whole dungeon idea thats being brought up from time to time, but most often the request for adding legendaries isn't based on people wanting non uber tier pokemon to play with.