Make it so traded mons don't lose happiness

razimove

Question

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, razimove said:

This gets really really annoying when in between the team we trade around mons for pvp and have to re-berry him to 100% happiness.

So don't do that, the alternative is making your own comps (which I'd presume you're not doing because it's more expensive).

With mechanics such as an NPC that gives vast amounts of happiness on a daily basis, the removal of happiness between trades is a necessary evil that allows such a system to exist, as well as retains the value and encourages the consumption of said berries.

Just now, Darkshade said:

So don't do that.

With mechanics such as an NPC that gives vast amounts of happiness on a daily basis, the removal of happiness between trades is a necessary evil that allows such a system to exist, as well as retains the value and encourages the consumption of said berries.

You should really play pvp with us to understand what it sometimes means to go in with 26% happiness and lose match due to it. It's an outdated mechanic, npcs are irrelevant, you don't have only 1 mon, do you? Npcs only work for one, and happiness can still be a thing when breeding, it's not a mechanism to prevent that as far as im concerned.

31 minutes ago, razimove said:

You should really play pvp with us to understand what it sometimes means to go in with 26% happiness and lose match due to it.

No I completely understand, but you're taking a shortcut by sharing 'mons between your team members each time; it's not unreasonable to pay a small fee to up the happiness each time.

If you want to avoid doing that, make your own party members and you'll only have to pay up until the point that the monster is finished.

It's an outdated mechanic

Why is it an outdated mechanic?

npcs are irrelevant, you don't have only 1 mon, do you? 

You're missing the point, I can make as many accounts as I'd like and use them to get the happiness bonus just as many times daily.

49 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

You're missing the point, I can make as many accounts as I'd like and use them to get the happiness bonus just as many times daily.

this is probably the big point I missed yeah. By outdated mechanic I mean happiness in mmo, feels iffy regarding moves like return. I also understand that a small fee isn't bad, it's not in all honesty, it's more the fact that it's one more thing you gotta remind yourself of in the middle of preparing for a tour round or even for MM.