Seriously?

10 minutes ago, calidubstep said:

625 non stall wins in 3 months is still ridiculous imo 

How many points are you earning for wins? I thought they scaled depending on elo and last time I checked you were #2 in UU, it shouldn't take 625 wins

1 minute ago, Paul said:

How many points are you earning for wins? I thought they scaled depending on elo and last time I checked you were #2 in UU, it shouldn't take 625 wins

by beating the #3 player in a quick game on a 6 game win streak, I was awarded 2 points. The point total may scale if I was at a lower elo than my opponent, which is honestly further incentive to either lose more games on purpose or play with more walls jajaja 

1 minute ago, calidubstep said:

by beating the #3 player in a quick game on a 6 game win streak, I was awarded 2 points.

Yeah that's definitely an issue. I'm hoping this isn't how it was intended, but if so, further changes will definitely need to be looked into. I assumed when it said points scale depending on elo, that would mean the #2 player would earn, let's say, 5 points per win compared to the usual 2. 

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Yeah that's definitely an issue. I'm hoping this isn't how it was intended, but if so, further changes will definitely need to be looked into. I assumed when it said points scale depending on elo, that would mean the #2 player would earn, let's say, 5 points per win compared to the usual 2. 

This is how I assume it’s intended, otherwise it’s backwards and favours having a shit ELO like Cali said. Hopefully it’s just a bug. 

However, they still haven’t explained why they decided to drop the update slap bang in the middle of a fortnightly cycle instead of waiting a week so people don’t get conned out of prizes

6 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

However, they still haven’t explained why they decided to drop the update slap bang in the middle of a fortnightly cycle instead of waiting a week so people don’t get conned out of prizes

Yup, real shitty move. And the lack of explanation just makes it worse. 

49 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

i still dont get it whats wrong with the 500 point system it was fair imo

The problem was that if you were in a high position on the ladder it would take forever to find a battle because of the way that the matchmaking system determined eligible opponents, and it was highly dependent on how many of the top players were also online and actively searching for battles. That way, in terms of MMRWP acquisition, players were effectively punished for reaching high ELOs. There needs to be a system where players are rewarded for being a higher rank or having a high win streak, e.g. through being given more MMRWP per battle 

Edited by Zymogen
27 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

The problem was that if you were in a high position on the ladder it would take forever to find a battle because of the way that the matchmaking system determined eligible opponents, and it was highly dependent on how many of the top players were also online and actively searching for battles. That way, in terms of MMRWP acquisition, players were effectively punished for reaching high ELOs. There needs to be a system where players are rewarded for being a higher rank or having a high win streak, e.g. through being given more MMRWP per battle 

fair but now for example cali find a match and 6-0 in 7min and get 2points she still dont benefit from the update 

11 hours ago, Zymogen said:

This would’ve been somewhat fixable by expanding our matches like they did and just giving wins against lower ranked people less points (1 or even .5) without upscaling rewards. This at least maintains the value of all the wins against 690-750 elo people that were previously won but I guess time stall>> quality of opponent jaja