Do you have one idea a day?

A game update this morning (China time)

You raised your ranking point from 500 to 1250 to get the Fairy Fox Hood.

So why are you doing this?

If you didn't want players to get it,We can choose to give up early.

I think that i just need 4-5 days to get this look,But now I'm hopeless.

I had 300 points before I updated the game,Then I won three games after the game was updated.

The fight lasted nine rounds, but I only got one point.We know we can't beat each other, so why waste our time playing?

I'm not very good at PVP,I just want to get this hood.

SO NOW I GIVE UP.

Good luck if you're still fighting,It really hurts me.

736308342_IVBUH3_@XPXGANQX9794.thumb.jpg.538f1e38c8f2213f7a7013a11eaf03f9.jpg

1831735913_4CWLFMZ_ZFF@F53JCXC6.thumb.jpg.c483960c789096158e72917151bbf8db.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hibikl said:

I had 300 points before I updated the game,Then I won three games after the game was updated.

You still have 307/1250 towards the seasonal item. Rewards were scaled to not penalize players for longer matches.

3分钟前,Desu 说:

You still have 307/1250 towards the seasonal item. Rewards were scaled to not penalize players for longer matches.

I spend about six hours a day trying to get the hood, and now I'm really tired.

I feel like it does penalize players for winning faster though. With the upscale of the rewards requirements, our current point total didn't scale with it. So it's understandable for players who were halfway or further to feel deflated since they now have to play 5-6x more than they would have had to before.

Edited by calidubstep
4分钟前,calidubstep 说:

I feel like it does penalize players for winning faster though.

It's normal to win or lose in a normal 9-round match. We don't need to continue to fight hard when we can't win at all.isn't it?

2分钟前,Zymogen 说:

Why were the fortnightly rewards reset? Could you not have waited until the scheduled reset date before adding this update? Sigh

You're right. I also think that if you want to update the prize, at least wait for the game time to change after the end of this round. Before the game is updated, I think I still have seven days to get the hood, but now I'm really desperate.

Just now, Hibikl said:

You're right. I also think that if you want to update the prize, at least wait for the game time to change after the end of this round. Before the game is updated, I think I still have seven days to get the hood, but now I'm really desperate.

As far as I know, we have 3 months to get the hood

1分钟前,Zymogen 说:

But according to the original plan, I already have 300 points, I only need to work hard for another 4-5 days to get it, which is really hard to accept.

4 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

I think they're more ticked about the fact that there was little to no compensation for grinding a lot for x amount of days and then having that progress basically halved if not more. 

For me, I'm trying to get this over with as quickly as possible since I know I won't have nearly any time at all to play once grad school starts, so this update is rather annoying for me as well. 

The ability to match with lower elo people is a good change and I wouldn't even mind only getting 1 mmrwp for each of them, but I feel the upscale in requirements without compensation is kinda eh 

9 minutes ago, calidubstep said:

I feel like it does penalize players for winning faster though. With the upscale of the rewards requirements, our current point total didn't scale with it. So it's understandable for players who were halfway or further to feel deflated since they now have to play 5-6x more than they would have had to before.

5 minutes ago, Hibikl said:

It's normal to win or lose in a normal 9-round match. We don't need to continue to fight hard when we can't win at all.isn't it?

You can already requeue and play more matches, while the person stuck in a longer game cannot. Effectively "time spent" is a larger factor in rewards now. We might not have the scaling perfect just yet, but we think its a step in the right direction.

23分钟前,Desu 说:

You can already requeue and play more matches, while the person stuck in a longer game cannot. Effectively "time spent" is a larger factor in rewards now. We might not have the scaling perfect just yet, but we think its a step in the right direction.

It's good to move in the right direction, but I don't accept sudden changes. It's a very irrational decision. My original plan has been completely disrupted, but I still can't accept that I need another 1000 points to get what I want

Omg, I am so pissed. I recently finished the 4 regions, and instead of stop playing the game, I tought in enter in the competitive, but not in the over used, because is hard, I think. So my try was in the UU, I tryed to build a team with pokes 2X31, and at least reclaim my forretres, I was half way, and there were some days to finished, now I just enter the game and everything resets, it is so frustrating aaaaaah.  DDDD:

On a side note, why has the OP Item clause been removed? You guys had a problem with allowing pokemon under level 50 to be used in PvP because if I remember correctly, one of you guys said in some post that the FEAR strategy would be too scummy to use in you guys' opinion, but wouldn't Quick Claw and King's Rock be scummy too? Just think of Skill Link King's Rock Cloyster or Serene Grace King's Rock Togekiss with moves other than Air Slash—I may not be a PvP expert or something, but I don't see this as "balancing", in my opinion.

3分钟前,GuilhermeFurquim 说:

Omg, I am so pissed. I recently finished the 4 regions, and instead of stop playing the game, I tought in enter in the competitive, but not in the over used, because is hard, I think. So my try was in the UU, I tryed to build a team with pokes 2X31, and at least reclaim my forretres, I was half way, and there were some days to finished, now I just enter the game and everything resets, it is so frustrating aaaaaah.  DDDD:

There is no mistake in what you said, because it is written in the rule that the ordinary reward will be changed every two weeks. Since the PVP update, there is only one week to go, but the ordinary reward has been updated. This is also very unreasonable

(AUP3V8RWP0{04A{H$E(I(I.png

1分钟前,calidubstep 说:

I feel like this could lead to artificially extending matches for more rewards, which isn't good at all, but is definitely exploitable in the current system (got more points beating a person off the board in 20 min than I did beating a ranked person in 10 min). 

My friend just sent me a message, he said he got 10 points in the game, but he spent about 30 minutes and the game lasted 68 rounds.

1 hour ago, calidubstep said:

I feel like this could lead to artificially extending matches for more rewards, which isn't good at all, but is definitely exploitable in the current system (got more points beating a person off the board in 20 min than I did beating a ranked person in 10 min). 

Isnt this promoting stall? I dont feel like promoting stall is a good idea since everyone have their own criteria of playing any kind of core, I deny to force myself to play 6 walls to win BP or for getting something fast.

Edited by JorgeFirebolt

This is a change that promotes people to put in effort and increase their elo, rather than continue to grind low-ladder without trying to get any better. I think it'll hurt casual players who want the rewards, but will be good in the long run for 'forcing' these casual players to actually try.

Casual players essentially have 3 options now

1. Get better

2. Continue to grind low-ladder with slower progress towards the reward

3. Give up

Obviously #3 is not ideal, but I think this is quite fair considering these are PvP rewards for PvP players. This system is not complete and they will continue to tweak the requirements/payouts so it's best to just give it some time to test before asking for change.

3 minutes ago, Hibikl said:

The sudden change of rules really hurt our casual players.

Maybe this is harsh, and not a direct attack at you, but you should not have a 157/155 win/loss record and expect to get the same reward as the #1 OU player.

Sure, you have to grind more or improve at PvP, but you still have the ability to earn the same rewards, just at a slower pace.

Edited by Paul