Dear Developers...

I know you've heard it a hundred times... But possible the 101th time will do the trick. 

Please, please, for the love of God, give us legendaries. Simply removing legendaries and replacing them with a ludicrous system as it is currently in place, is extremely frustrating and disappointing. 

If balancing is an issue, simply ban them from pvp.

It. Is. Not. That. Complicated.

Every single other pokemon game in the history of pokemon games has managed to do it as well.

But taking the possibility of chasing, catching and keeping legendary pokemon away from your players is a blatant kick in the balls.

Legendaries are a monumentally important aspect of the pokemon games. By removing them you are making Pokemmo nothing more but a sad shadow of what it could have been. 

Stop adding new regions, new features, new whatever. They are all irrelevant as long as we don't have our beloved legendaries. 

Cheers 

Cyma 

PS: And one more thing... Give us back the incentive to complete the pokedex (Shiny Charm, duh). Gosh why are you trying so hard to destroy pokemon =( you've managed to kill the 2 main motivators for playing the game. No Shiny Charm, no legendaries... Seriously? 

Edited by Cymatrelic
1 hour ago, Cymatrelic said:

Legendaries are a monumentally important aspect of the pokemon games

How are they "monumentally important"? Even if you ban them from pvp, all you can use them is for story. 

One reason I can understand why the devs dont allow for catching legendaries is because it would make story clearing very easy. Gym reruns and e4 runs would be "monumentally" easy. 

Why do you want to catch a show piece and keep it? If everyone has a legendary then there is no value in them other than their story breaking nature. 

If you want something unique, hunt for a shiny so you can flex your OT. :shrug:

The Devs have recently released a new update, and they are doing their best. But please, could you explain why legendaries are a "monumentally important aspect" of the game?  Why they are more important for the game rather than other features (considering that they will be banned from PvP, so, basically useless)? Sure you can flex them in the early days but that's about it. Adding Legendaries like that really doesn't give an incentive to complete the dex. Moreover, you can buy Shiny Charms in this game or get them at events.  Additionally, the game has gone for a long time without this "monumentally important aspect" and it's doing just fine. 

Edited by Mxd

If balancing is an issue, simply ban them from pvp.

PvP isn't the only aspect that needs balancing in an MMO. You have to ensure PvE is balanced as well.

Every single other pokemon game in the history of pokemon games has managed to do it as well.

The cartridges were designed to allow a single player the ability to experience the full breadth of the game without actually needing to interact with other players. The extra online functions are optional features a player can utilize to complete their dex, battle, or trade. Since those functions are not required for the storyline it's very easy to be able to give the players everything they could ever want. MMOs don't get that luxury without becoming severely unbalanced.

But taking the possibility of chasing, catching and keeping legendary pokemon away from your players is a blatant kick in the balls.

The developers have been working on content specific to legends off and on for the past few years. This content would be in the form of dungeons specific to each legend that would allow the players a chance to capture one, but with a very low chance of spawning to preserve rarity. Legends are something that should feel special. If everyone has one then they are no longer special.

Stop adding new regions, new features, new whatever. They are all irrelevant as long as we don't have our beloved legendaries. 

So finishing off missing features from the existing regions is irrelevant? That's more what they have been doing. The last update wasn't even adding a new feature so much as it was fixing the issues that prevented the Matchmaking functions from being used very much. Players had been asking for Matchmaking rewards for a very long time. Without rewards grinding to the top of the leaderboard just becomes a massive waste of time since you only get bragging rights at that point.

No Shiny Charm

There is a Shiny Charm in game though. I don't believe it's specifically called Shiny Charm, but there is an extra item outside of donor status that increases your chances of encountering a shiny by 10%. Look in the GTL Item listings and type Shiny in the search bar.

Bear in mind that this game has been around for almost 10 years now. It's been doing pretty well and while there are still aspects missing that would make it feel like a full fledged MMO, they are working on them. With respect to the dungeons, there are many reasons why they haven't come into existence yet. Dungeon design isn't some cut and dry thing. In any game with dungeons there has to be a balanced risk/reward system. If there is too much risk and not enough reward then no one will play that content. If there is too much reward and not enough risk then you unbalance the player based economy in game which will upset a large chunk of players. I'm sure there are other games you feel are better than this one, and if you feel strongly enough about that then perhaps this isn't the game for you.

1 hour ago, EricRasp said:

If everyone has a legendary then there is no value in them other than their story breaking nature. 

Sorry to ruin your mood but devs are planning to do just that, everyone will be able to catch a legendary and there is nothing you can do about it.

Wow I did not expect such swift, detailed and defensive responses! Thanks first off to all who have responded and are trying to explain why things are the way they are. 

I must admit I did not expect there to be so many people who actually approved of the devs actions concerning legendaries. From the posts I've read and the experiences I've made I figured the general consensus was that the game was simply incomplete and disappointing without said legendaries. 

It's nice to be proven wrong here! 

I understand all your points and how implementing legendaries would cause a whole array of issues... My issue with Pokemmo is nevertheless quite simple:

Playing pokemon as a kid, catching the legendary pokemon was the main goal in the game. Think about it. Starting with the 2. Gen games the pokemon printed on the game box was always the main legendary pokemon. The whole story mostly revolves around a specific legendary. The entire game leads to this one moment at which you finally encounter said legendary. That was the whole focus! And then, once you caught the legendary, you would go on to trying to beat the battle frontier, rematch the E4, gym leaders or whatever and after that you would start working on your pokedex, trying to complete it. At least that's how I used to play these games. 

Now with Pokemmo both of these aspects are simply dropped and what's left is a useless grind with no goals and no motivation... I just feel like pokemmo could have been just what I've always dreamed about, but by making some bad decisions it flatout missed it's target. 

I guess this is more a personal opinion then anything else. 

OH and sorry for posting on the wrong section. 

7 minutes ago, Laz said:

Sorry to ruin your mood but devs are planning to do just that, everyone will be able to catch a legendary and there is nothing you can do about it.

I couldn't care less if they made legendaries keepable or not lol 

I'm just here to shunt and EV train :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, Cymatrelic said:

Playing pokemon as a kid, catching the legendary pokemon was the main goal in the game. Think about it. Starting with the 2. Gen games the pokemon printed on the game box was always the main legendary pokemon. The whole story mostly revolves around a specific legendary. The entire game leads to this one moment at which you finally encounter said legendary. That was the whole focus! And then, once you caught the legendary, you would go on to trying to beat the battle frontier, rematch the E4, gym leaders or whatever and after that you would start working on your pokedex, trying to complete it. At least that's how I used to play these games. 

I completely understand that POV. It was my childhood as well. 

But the point here is that, PokeMMO is not the original Pokemon games. It is an MMO and it should live up to that. 

3 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

I couldn't care less if they made legendaries keepable or not lol 

I'm just here to shunt and EV train :shrug: 

It seemed like you did care when you wrote that, but anyway good luck in your shiny hunting and ev training.

34 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

I completely understand that POV. It was my childhood as well. 

But the point here is that, PokeMMO is not the original Pokemon games. It is an MMO and it should live up to that. 

I guess I can accept that... I do hope they somehow manage to bring back the magic though with upcoming updates. The dungeons sound like an amazing feature! 

Legendaries are eventually planned to be distributed throughout the hinted dungeons that have been talked about for a while now, but there is no plan for them to have the system to where you find them at their normal overworld places and you try and catch them. The mentalities and comments of the dev team has shown that they would like to eventually give out legendaries, but make them more challenging to get than just showing up to Mt. Ember, lowering Moltres down to 2 HP and chucking ultra balls until it's caught.

7 hours ago, Spacehollander said:

Please do not give us access to legendaries,

because this would just give us so many balancing issues, considering everybody would just be running around with legendaries.

The way things are right now are perfect,

and even if you do decide to give us access to legendaries, make it so they are limited to OU matches or something.

Legendaries would actually make the game more balanced... stuff like Zapdos, Heatran, Keldeo (just to name a few) could go a long way to keep some of the current top tier stuff in check. I also don't see how "everyone running around with legendaries" is any different than everyone running around with Garchomp, Conkeldurr, Ferrothorn, Rotom-Wash, etc. And obviously, the best legendaries would stick in OU because of how usage based tiering works, while lower tiers will most likely have garbage legendaries such as the Regis for example. 

I would love to be able to catch legendary and register them on the pokedex.. i dont care if i lose them after by some game design, they get banned from pvp or i have to complete the main history to catch them.

One of my goals while playing pokemon always has been compliting the pokedex..

Imagine being able to play with your favorites legendarys with your friends.. personally it sounds fun, and fun is my main reason of why i play this game.

(Anyway i love the work this game have.. the developers all have my respect)