[Implemented] Vs Seeker: Levels & Ranks

I think it might be interesting if... the trainers actually trained their pokemon!
when you use the vs seeker on a trainer you've beaten before, they are stronger, with pokemon that are a higher level and/or evolved.

and maybe this effect could continue 3 times max.

example:
I meet a trainer for the first time
I battle them.
they have a level 30 Rattata [size=2]of all things.[/size]
I beat them.

a day later i got back and use the vs seeker.
the same trainer is now stronger and;
I battle them.
they have a level 35 Raticate
and a level 25 Rattata [size=2]of all things.[/size]

I go back a day later and once again the same trainer is even stronger.
they now have a level 40 Raticate
and a level [s]9000[/s] 30 Rattata...
[size=2][spoiler] FFS JOEY! [/spoiler][/size]

[size=4]Thoughts?[/size]

• 5 months later...

Giving this thread a friendly bump, too. We should have it so that the trainers progress in levels, similar to the Elite Four. There's no point in using the VS seeker on a trainer that have Pokemon which are level 10, because those wouldn't gain you a lot of EXP. We should be able to battle the same trainers but at higher levels. Hope this suggestion gets taken into consideration.

I support this too. If I had a lv30 Rattata and was challenged by someone who beat me yesterday with a Bagon but now clearly has a Salamence following them, I wouldn't accept the battle - I'd have no chance and my Pokemon would just get pointlessly hurt. However, if I had my secret lv35 Raticate as a trump card, I'd be confident enough to accept (but still get destroyed). After I get my lv40 Raticate and lv30 Rattata, I'd believe myself invincible and accept any battles, because... No. I'm not going to make a top percentage joke here.

As well as being canon it also makes sense for the NPCs to become stronger. After all, just how do they pass the time? Surely trainers would be training their Pokemon, unless I'm mistaken and their purpose is actually to pretend that they're statues.

• 1 year later...