Remove critical hits from ranked/tour

Melikos

Question

Critical Hits is an unpleasant RGN that takes all the strategic factor out of the game and has much more impact on the game than evasions (i still don't understand the logic of removing skills that favor evasion, but that's another matter).

17 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Melikos said:

has much more impact on the game than evasions

Everyone has to contend with Critical Hits, but only one player has to contend with increased evasion. There's a difference between a mechanic both players have to contend with and using moves that force the other player to rely on RNG to land a move. Nobody wants to lose to the guy who spams Minimize or Double Team. Evasion teams don't take much thought to setup either. So, no Crits don't have less impact than evasion does. A crit at the right/wrong time can make or break a match, but the guy who spams evasion boosts is effectively able to control the duel from the beginning.

i find that you suffer more bcuz evasion ability's are not workin on mons so you can't abuse them , so you needed to put the blame on something , haha idk if that's true , that's just me ...

Edited by wHoooZ

It's a turn-based RPG.

if there are no luck elements in the game, it just becomes a clusterfuck of damage calcs and actual literal 50/50 coinflips of what your opponent might do.

not much room for skill either in this type of game.

consider playing a fighting game or a first-person shooter if you really want pinnacle fair competitive that spotlights your skill.