uu screens

6 minutes ago, razimove said:

it's UU, what can taunt crobat in the tier? You switch in electrode after? what if he simply predicts, taunts you and defogs for free? 

Was fun reading the thread tho ngl

idk what pokemon you play. i mean if you defog on my setup mon im more then happy

it merged but

in world cup most teams were screen for a reason 

Edited by Quinn010
14 minutes ago, pachima said:

We are offering you plenty of ways to deal with screens without nerfing said mons.

the only option that is a normal set is scarf rotom the rest is just a anti screen set so im forced to play different or use every game rotom trick? 

12 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

the only option that is a normal set is scarf rotom the rest is just a anti screen set so im forced to play different or use every game rotom trick? 

Yes, just because you slap 6 pokemon together doesn't mean your team is viable. 

If I run 6 normal types, should I try to ban close combat or play different? 

8 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Yes, just because you slap 6 pokemon together doesn't mean your team is viable. 

If I run 6 normal types, should I try to ban close combat or play different? 

i mean thats crazy im force to used rotom in ho thats not a balanced meta game if i play a tournament people can ez counter since i always use rotom scarf no need for scout 

Edited by Quinn010
3 minutes ago, suigin said:

Whimsicott is kind of a pain for screens to play against. You should give it a try.

true but he is a support (that isnt in a normal ho team) and then i feel like the shedd shell thing. i bring my team down with him since he dont have that great offensive power and only good for setup mons to counter. this is perfect awnser for a balanced team

I used this team in a 128UU finals some days ago, and got destroyed by a brick break Metagross xd(if you didnt know, this move break screens). Its a very good team not gonna lie, but idk if deserve a ban or something like that.

Edited by Makarovs
bb x screens
5 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

true but he is a support (that isnt in a normal ho team) and then i feel like the shedd shell thing. i bring my team down with him since he dont have that great offensive power and only good for setup mons to counter. this is perfect awnser for a balanced team

how is memento/encore support not viable in hyper offense 

1 hour ago, Quinn010 said:

https://www.smogon.com/articles/hyper-offense-in-ou I recommend reading this what a hyper offensive team is a normal hyper offensive team doesn’t use support 

Did you even read it all? It even says "One of the worst misconceptions that one can take away from this article is that these are the only Pokémon usable on hyper offense teams. This is completely untrue; hyper offense teams have many different options that can be put to use. "

You should also read:; "Sweepers rely completely on setting up, and after they have done so, they are able to wreak havoc during a game."

Now let me ask you: How do they set up easier? That's right, with a support mon on the back.

edit: In that same link you offered, they share you a sample HO team, that by coincidence has a bold supporter celebi.

Edited by pachima
5 minutes ago, pachima said:

Did you even read it all? It even says "One of the worst misconceptions that one can take away from this article is that these are the only Pokémon usable on hyper offense teams. This is completely untrue; hyper offense teams have many different options that can be put to use. "

You should also read:; "Sweepers rely completely on setting up, and after they have done so, they are able to wreak havoc during a game."

Now let me ask you: How do they set up easier? That's right, with a support mon on the back.

edit: In that same link you offered, they share you a sample HO team, that by coincidence has a bold supporter 

ok mb on that 1 i see  Whimsicott as a good counter but since dark types are immune you can stop the setup from electrode but then they go to scrafty with 1 screen and free dd  i say its a viable counter  if they dont run scrafty.

but you guys offered me 2 counters thats viable i can offer you guys also 2 methods to stop wobbufet so i feel like 2 counters/methods isnt that much for a metagame 

3 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

but you guys offered me 2 counters thats viable i can offer you guys also 2 methods to stop wobbufet so i feel like 2 counters/methods isnt that much for a metagame 

You don't understand. Wobbuffet wasn't banned for being broken. It was banned for being uncompetitive, which is truly different. Screens aren't uncompetitive, so why you comparing these 2 things?

If anything, we could be discussing this kind of team under "unhealthy" characteristics unless someone can prove that electrode is a support uber (which it probably isn't). If Trode is gone, we'll find some other screen setters, such as Serperior for example. I didn't really play much UU lately due to family reasons so I might be lacking the necessary experience and I'm not very fond of talking about stuff I don't know much about, so the potential solution to the issue at hand is something we all would need to think about.

I do admit that seeing one same team over and over again (and you can see 5 mons from that particular team being used almost in 1/5 battles!) is wrong and does not help the metagame to evolve, restricts diversity and kills people's creativity. Why would they make a team of their own if they can put their hands on a team which has proven time after time that it's incredibly good against every kind of team archetype in the tier? Kinda reminds me of vgc16 situation where we kept seeing P Groudon/ Megamence/ Mega Kanga/ Smee/ Xern/ Talonflame like 70% of the time.

15 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I do admit that seeing one same team over and over again (and you can see 5 mons from that particular team being used almost in 1/5 battles!) is wrong and does not help the metagame to evolve, restricts diversity and kills people's creativity. Why would they make a team of their own if they can put their hands on a team which has proven time after time that it's incredibly good against every kind of team archetype in the tier? Kinda reminds me of vgc16 situation where we kept seeing P Groudon/ Megamence/ Mega Kanga/ Smee/ Xern/ Talonflame like 70% of the time.

and this, ive seen many people saying they dont like uu its only bc screen teams. and yeah first i used my own team but after facing  screen teams nearly all games i feel like why not lets use it too since it requires 0 teambuilding and then its just hoping you dont face balanced anti screen teams it give fast wins and require not that much plays 

I play volt-turn and tbh if you know what you're doing and you execute it right, screens can be very manageable, in my case, I try to keep as much momentum as possible, even if they setup screens, partly to stall and mostly to prevent setups. A +2 Hera guts boosted always hits hard and most screens teams can't switch (won't enjoy it either way) into it. Idk where I am going with this and take my word with a grain of salt, I am Frosteye after all. 

Edited by Catman16
Sun Screens, now that's what makes me wanna die.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.