uu screens

Electrode (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon ...

hey i started this topic i see a lot of people spamming screens (i also used it before i made this topic).

and i feel like hypper offensive teams struggle hard agaisnt it.

people  say use brick break i agree brick break is a good counter for screens when electrode setup.but all teams got a 1/4 fight ressist named venomoth. for example i have faced brick break bisharp i switch veno and then i basically got a free quiver or double back to electrode since he dont want his brick break user put to sleep,s.( afterschocker used Electivire  that is a good counter since it got fire punch and outspeed venomoth but those 2 moves make youre electrive very limted agaisnt other teams). there is scarf krookodile that is a realistic counter since can be used in a normal team but you need a double to get the ohko otherwise he always got 1 screen on the switch. and then turn 2 he setup light then he go to azu with rocks up azumarill can still drum and youre fucked. if you get youre double  with  krookodile gratz. he just switch to rotom and youre choiced locked and  then the rotom user double back  ( he can eq again but that is 50/50 since he can willo you ) i feel like krookodile is a good hyper offensive counter that can be used agaisnt other teams but its a lot of 50/50 work to counter it. 

i hope people can show me with calcs or suggestions that im wrong. (dont tell whirlwind mamoswine or other shit only realistic counters that are also usable agaisnt other teams)

(edit) 

d10f6e9dc78cda13b82983b52ae8a4c5.png

this usage shows how busted screens atm the top 5 got 4 screen abusers or setters

note english is not my first language so maybe my english is terrible xD. 

Edited by Quinn010

HO naturally has a hard time dealing with screens HO. Even in OU it is hard to play against it. When facing screens as an HO team, you have zero room for error. If you accidentaly give your opponent a free turn it can be game over. You also always have to keep in mind Screens when building a HO team, because it's a natural counter. Electrode has its updated gen 7 speed stat which makes it even harder to deal with. You even need a fast scarfer to outspeed that base 150.

Now I don't know the UU tier at all but here are some things that could maybe help in teambuilding.

- You could possibly run Defog on a team.

- Tricking a choice item on the pokemon theyre trying to set up with (or even electrode) can buy you precious turns.

- You can try to stall turns with Substitute.

- You can run Taunt on a scarfer as a tech against Screen teams.

- If they're using Aero they are likely to lead with it and you can use a Rapid Spinner turn 1 to click Rapid Spin. Rocks don't go up, you break Aeros sash, and you get a speed boost to outspeed it next turn.

In the end, sometimes the match up is really hard to win even if you'd tech everything under the sun. You have to very specificly consider the screen matchup when building a HO team. I will also suggest to find a teammate that is willing to play some games with you on showdown using the Screens team. Screen teams are very formulaic, they almost always HAVE to play the same way the first few turns, otherwise their team falls apart. You can use this to your advantage. Go through the turns with your teammate, discussing each turn and possibilities. Then play some variations out as well to try to find the optimal way to play against screens. 

23 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

You could possibly run Defog on a team.

they run taunt you can tried but most of the time this end on 50/50s with rotom and they always get 1 screen 

- Tricking a choice item on the pokemon theyre trying to set up with (or even electrode) can buy you precious turns.

this works great nice idea !  only you lock 1 mon with it and screen use most of the time 3 setup users 

You can run Taunt on a scarfer as a tech against Screen teams.

idk about this , it is possible 

If they're using Aero they are likely to lead with it and you can use a Rapid Spinner turn 1 to click Rapid Spin. Rocks don't go up, you break Aeros sash, and you get a speed boost to outspeed it next turn.

they use mamo this works for sure but wont help the whole screen thing 

to summarize this you said use a suicde lead like forretres for the rocks , scarf rotom this is a great start but if i wanna play ho im forced to use this since screens got a high usage  and youre very limted with teambuilding 

Edited by Quinn010

Some archetypes just don't work well in certain tiers. You could argue that Electrode is broken in UU, but I don't know anything about the tier. I have the same issue with Conkeldurr in OU, I think that pokemon single handedly limits what you can use in HO teams. But thats a post for later :p

I hope someone else can be more helpful with more direct tips for UU

I might be biased but i found 6 or 7 screen teams in my UU ranked WITH an offensive team, and I only lost once (and it was partly cuz I misplayed)

EDIT: nvm

TLDR; Don't misplay. If you are using an HO team, chances are some of your mons give no free set ups even with screens up. Play aggressively against their screen setter that most likely are unable to pressure your hard-hitting mon. 

Edit 2: Based on your post, I believe you are reacting to a screen team instead of acting (Which for some reason most ppl do). Scarfs are a reactive play that comes in AFTER screens and set up come in play. Obviously a scarf mon can get in clutch, however, that is not how you should stop a screen team. Instead, get your hard-hitters in front of electrode (That for you seems to be the main issue) or whatever acts as a supporting mon for said teams. Act before /while enemy team sets up their game, dont react after they do.

I hope I could make myself clear.

Edited by pachima

252+ Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azumarill through Reflect: 98-116 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

252+ Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Electrode through Reflect: 108-127 (64.6 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

on the switch you cant prevent  setup , if  my opponent switch i set  reflect , turn 2  i just taunt for safety you can sd or cc if you cc electrode is dead and then i click belly and sweep if you go for sd i put my second screen and explode and go for drum 

(ik people run jolly but just to show)  

252+ SpA Expert Belt Eelektross Thunderbolt vs. 168 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill through Light Screen: 112-131 (57.1 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO 

eelektross with fight and electric coverage cant stop him

Edited by Quinn010
if you go mixed attacker it can work but then you go 50/50 again like youre empoleon is good suprise factor but next time i face you i know youre empo is eq surf aqau. and i face the same people often. ofc you can change sets but i keep it in mind 

I'm currently trying agillity metagross with brickbreak, worked mediocore ( but I thikn I just suck at UU :D) I set up agillity on the Reflect turn one since most ppl asume I will EQ them, after that i can break the screens and try to setup with meteormash. Brickbreak hits the common bellydrum users + Scrafty quite good. I think I just have to get better at the game to handle this teams completly :D

that set is quite good but then again people also could use shedd shell. this set is only good agaisnt screens. and if the screen setter was bronzor for example it wasnt that problem. but yeah Electrode is to fast you just need a special counter for Electrode 

2 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

he can tho without rockz

Ok, let's play your game. Let's assume no residual damage cause reasons, and let's assume azumarill survive tbolt/close combat, whatever. 

Then what? You send a mon with priority and kill azumarill. 

What happened? Opponent lost the supporter and a bdrummer (aka 2 mons), and you only lost 1 mon. 

So how is this advantageous for the screen team?

Just now, Quinn010 said:

wobbufet also killed 1 or 2 mons so yeah 

Why are you comparing trapping potential that removes everything enemy can do with screens?

Trapping can only be stopped by shed shell that already nerfs the holder by a large margin. We are offering you plenty of ways to deal with screens without nerfing said mons.

So if you want to discuss screens, please discuss screens and not wobbuffet that has nothing to do with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.