Jump to content
FelinkaAnnie

Dev why did you add sylveon hat as limited time reward? and not tradeable?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

is that kinda of snowflake stuff to make pvper player so special having a hat?

 

i had someone on friendlist who willing to sell for sylveon hat from UU tier but its untradeable ( he's pvper player who doesnt even care about cats hat) 

 

like why? what if person wanna sell it? it feels like telling snowflake deserve to keep exclusive stuff for themself, expect some player who want it

 

i wont mind paying amount of pokedollar just for cute sylveon hat unless you really forcing pve player to play uu comps

 

( sorry for my english but im kinda upset seeing a hat so exclusive is such a snowflake idea if they really want it just for themself to be special than anyone else)

Edited by FelinkaAnnie

Share this post


Link to post

so sylveon hat remain as exclusive just like kyu hat/desu labcoat/e-storm hair/knight helmet? 

 

such a snowflake player... *time to delete one of my friends i dont like people who is snowflake person* 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

such a snowflake player... *time to delete one of my friends i dont like people who is snowflake person* 

you're crying about not being good enough to earn a pink hat

 

I don't know if pvp players are the snowflakes here

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

so sylveon hat remain as exclusive just like kyu hat/desu labcoat/e-storm hair/knight helmet? 

 

such a snowflake player... *time to delete one of my friends i dont like people who is snowflake person* 

The other vanities you mention like Kyu Hat, Desu’s etc. are time-limited items that you could purchase back in the days. Not exclusives per se. 
 

If you attempt to try and win the Sylveon hat, I can recommend you to visit our competitive assistance Forum section:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/35-competitive-assistance/
 

I am sure the competitive players there will be willing to help you with advice about a great team. Best of luck if you decide to give it a try!

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

is that kinda of snowflake stuff to make pvper player so special having a hat?

If this is something introduced in the recent PvP update the best reason I can think of for it is that, in order to give incentive to play Ranked Matchmaking, there need to be rewards exclusive to that system. Whether or not they are bound to the player is a moot point tbqh. The same argument would be made even if they could be traded because only players who play PvP would be able to effectively farm them whereas casual players wouldn't be able to obtain them without paying obscene prices for them. In my honest opinion, having Ranked PvP reward items bound to the player is an effective compromise. Sure players are going to be salty about it being difficult for them to obtain, but on the other side, there won't be any salt about the prices for them being obscene on the market due to the difficulty involved in obtaining them. In addition, it's not like you are completely blocked from obtaining your own. Resources exist, as pointed out, that can help you reach the level of PvP play you need to be capable of getting one. So the issue is more in willingness to utilize those resources more than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, razimove said:

Get good and get the hat, whats so hard about it?

for som1 that dont play pvp its hard to get 500wins in 3 months in a tier where every1 spam screens 

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

for som1 that dont play pvp its hard to get 500wins in 3 months in a tier where every1 spam screens 

Trust me, it's hard for everyone when that team is allowed to be spammed this much. 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Trust me, it's hard for everyone when that team is allowed to be spammed this much. 

so true

 

Share this post


Link to post

Won't the prizes reset in 12 days? I think I have some hope of getting the hat so if it really is 3 months.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

so sylveon hat remain as exclusive just like kyu hat/desu labcoat/e-storm hair/knight helmet? 

 

 

FB_IMG_1596062131389.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

such a snowflake player... *time to delete one of my friends i dont like people who is snowflake person* 

I'm sure that person is missing out on a good and healthy friendship if they got removed from a friend list for such a petty reason.

Share this post


Link to post

XelaKebert thank you for honest opinion explaining for this case i already made up my mind.

 

@suigin im sure that person missing out for such a petty reason, but im not too sure about "good" and "healthy friendship" many of those people are just internet, i general dont trust person deep in my heart even if they dont lie to themself including myself who cant even understand for many reason.

 

everyone else who says "get good" can you atleast explain better why is it good reason instead of being 0head "uhhh get good because you're just salty and dev add it uhhh yea get good is good reason and best explaining" im just ignore you if you cant explain any better than Xelakebert who can explain better.

 

Xela get my likes so i already made up my mind.

 

@paul yea im already crying because im not good enough but do i need advice coming from you? well since you dont even play this game... no thanks but ill steal that shiny magikarp :P

 

@Sethsen i rarely check forums so i dont know if i can get tips from it.

Share this post


Link to post

So, let’s break it down, because this is ridiculous. Your argument against exclusive hats for competitive people that spend hours grinding money and farming breeders so they can play tournaments or matchmaking is “snowflake stuff, why can’t I just be lazy and buy it”

 

Seeing as you have no real argument, there is nothing more to debate here. Either learn the tier, or provide an actual reason as to why this is a bad idea. UU is not hard, I picked it up a month ago and I’m doing perfectly fine in it.

 

Incentives are nice, and for endgame players that have waited so long for something new, something special, and something that shows people: “Hey, I did this feat of competitive challenge and hardship” is amazing and I love it and respect every single person that wears one of those exclusive hats.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The hat (this could LITERALLY be any item though) is there as an incentive to keep people engaged with PvP over the 3 month period of the season. Otherwise people wont want to grind for it because why would they if theres nothing to work towards at the end? 

 

It works the same way as you (I assume if you dont play PvP) grind money ingame to get something you want, whether it be a shiny, or a vanity, or even money to hatch for an OT shiny. These are all examples - then it gives incentive to keep going to the end point, because without that whats the point? 

 

Just like you, PvP players need something to grind towards also. Plus honestly, over a 3 month period, that's like less than 6 wins a day on average to get the hat assuming you play everyday like most of us do. So it's really not that hard to get when you think about it either way. 

Edited by Parke

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, FelinkaAnnie said:

XelaKebert thank you for honest opinion explaining for this case i already made up my mind.

 

@suigin im sure that person missing out for such a petty reason, but im not too sure about "good" and "healthy friendship" many of those people are just internet, i general dont trust person deep in my heart even if they dont lie to themself including myself who cant even understand for many reason.

 

everyone else who says "get good" can you atleast explain better why is it good reason instead of being 0head "uhhh get good because you're just salty and dev add it uhhh yea get good is good reason and best explaining" im just ignore you if you cant explain any better than Xelakebert who can explain better.

 

Xela get my likes so i already made up my mind.

 

@paul yea im already crying because im not good enough but do i need advice coming from you? well since you dont even play this game... no thanks but ill steal that shiny magikarp :P

 

@Sethsen i rarely check forums so i dont know if i can get tips from it.

tl;dr; get good or just deal with not getting it so simple, it's legit 3 pixels and a half on a 2d game that you're not getting whats the big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, razimove said:

tl;dr; get good or just deal with not getting it so simple, it's legit 3 pixels and a half on a 2d game that you're not getting whats the big deal.

i know im not getting i already changed my mind and im moving on period.

Edited by FelinkaAnnie

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Parke said:

The hat (this could LITERALLY be any item though) is there as an incentive to keep people engaged with PvP over the 3 month period of the season. Otherwise people wont want to grind for it because why would they if theres nothing to work towards at the end? 

 

It works the same way as you (I assume if you dont play PvP) grind money ingame to get something you want, whether it be a shiny, or a vanity, or even money to hatch for an OT shiny. These are all examples - then it gives incentive to keep going to the end point, because without that whats the point? 

 

Just like you, PvP players need something to grind towards also. Plus honestly, over a 3 month period, that's like less than 6 wins a day on average to get the hat assuming you play everyday like most of us do. So it's really not that hard to get when you think about it either way. 

thats exactly what i told my friends, if you get hat by playing pvp you should be happy and you put all the effort for being better pvp person and you've been engaged pvp for so long, thing is he doesn't care about vanity but to him all he cares is money hoarder nothing since fashion aren't one of his thing, if he get sylveon hat he just wanna sell it and my arguement is why is it untradeable, but i agree i dont deserve being lazy and just get this kind of thing i want, but everything i hear their opinion i shouldn't turn this argument and people who want it i respect that and im not gonna be salty if they have it and i dont, thats fine for me. 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't get this 'get good' nosense.

 

That mechanic is just forcing players that weren't part of the PvP community to join it just to get a nice vanity. Sure, PvE may have some exclusive rewards as the one given on the last halloween event  (I don't remember its name atm) and the jumpeon stone, however it would be really dumb to compare the effort and dedication that each one requires.

 

I'm not complaining about the update, it has a lot of useful mechanics and the community needed those incentives (OU being the only tier getting attention was really unhealthy). However, it's understandble if a player that was never into that stuff gets annoyed about it.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, senzui said:

That mechanic is just forcing players that weren't part of the PvP community to join it just to get a nice vanity. Sure, PvE may have some exclusive rewards as the one given on the last halloween event  (I don't remember its name atm) and the jumpeon stone, however it would be really dumb to compare the effort and dedication that each one requires.

It doesn't force you to do anything. If you weren't even a little interested in PvP this update just isn't for you.

 

Let other players have something nice for once, it's not just about you.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, senzui said:

I don't get this 'get good' nosense.

 

That mechanic is just forcing players that weren't part of the PvP community to join it just to get a nice vanity. Sure, PvE may have some exclusive rewards as the one given on the last halloween event  (I don't remember its name atm) and the jumpeon stone, however it would be really dumb to compare the effort and dedication that each one requires.

 

I'm not complaining about the update, it has a lot of useful mechanics and the community needed those incentives (OU being the only tier getting attention was really unhealthy). However, it's understandble if a player that was never into that stuff gets annoyed about it.

 

 

 

Another way to look at it, anyone that wasn’t PvP based, now can be with a selection of tiers to choose from. There’s a reward in that itself, “getting good” is now possible thanks to this update. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Desu said:

It doesn't force you to do anything. If you weren't even a little interested in PvP this update just isn't for you.

 

Let other players have something nice for once, it's not just about you.

also, why you guys decided to make the vanity untradeable one? is that about people gonna farm like mad with alts and grabbing money with those new vanities from pvp?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.