PSL XIII - PokeMMO Super League Season 13; Congratulations to the Empoleon Bonapartists

1 minute ago, DoctorPBC said:

The only way they got this is if the staff were involved, myself and yetto did not discuss this with anyone else

There's no way they get staff involved if hosts don't get a tip from someone (a taillow, a teammate of you or dennis, idk) abt the cash flow though. Maybe it wasn't as private as you two thought 

1 minute ago, calidubstep said:

There's no way they get staff involved if hosts don't get a tip from someone (a taillow, a teammate of you or dennis, idk) abt the cash flow though. Maybe it wasn't as private as you two thought 

My suspicions are that either they asked, or daryl asked hosts to get staff involved to save his team

f2d90e67991f8fd271285d83ba0c5b17.png

@DoctorPBC

as a neutral third party thats a entirely plausible story. but its hard to trade on honor and character after that psl when you coached doc. your tu quoque on think invading privacy a few lines above the link to your private chat should have just been left out. answering criticism with criticism makes you look bad. when you have evidence present the evidence. when you they have no evidence argue their is no proof. when you got nothing call them a sticky poo poo and argue conspiracy's. their isnt any strong evidence just circumstantial and calling think a sticky poo sounds kinda sus not gonna lie. 

edit carl sagan said it better then my paraphrase 

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

@think its circumstantial present the evidence and hold a vote by asking people in the psl what their vote is and only people in the psl. maybe a guilty/innocent vote then a punishment vote if voted guilty. their will be bias on both teams but it should roughly even out and hey some southeners voted to end slavery. and the other 6 shouldnt be too biased and asking individuals and keeping count tends to make people a bit more honest. if its a general vote their can be no crookedness on either side unless people go bribing, and honestly who has the money for that many votes? and honest people wont take money 

ooo.gif

Edited by fredrichnietze
edit to steal gif
5 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

@DoctorPBC

as a neutral third party thats a entirely plausible story. but its hard to trade on honor and character after that psl when you coached doc. your tu quoque on think invading privacy a few lines above the link to your private chat should have just been left out. answering criticism with criticism makes you look bad. when you have evidence present the evidence. when you they have no evidence argue their is no proof. when you got nothing call them a sticky poo poo and argue conspiracy's. their isnt any strong evidence just circumstantial and calling think a sticky poo sounds kinda sus not gonna lie. 

edit carl sagan said it better then my paraphrase 

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

@think its circumstantial present the evidence and hold a vote by asking people in the psl what their vote is and only people in the psl. maybe a guilty/innocent vote then a punishment vote if voted guilty. their will be bias on both teams but it should roughly even out and hey some southeners voted to end slavery. and the other 6 shouldnt be too biased and asking individuals and keeping count tends to make people a bit more honest. if its a general vote their can be no crookedness on either side unless people go bribing, and honestly who has the money for that many votes? and honest people wont take money 

ooo.gif

nobody cares 

Honestly, from a POV of a guy who has been away for most of the season due to some serious unexpected reasons, the only thing that really worries me the most, is leaking private conversation by staff to other players. PSL seasons come and go, players change teams, different teams form and so on, but this is a situation that should never happen. I can understand staff diving into the conversations of players due to suspicions regarding RMT, heavy insults or something of a similar caliber. Now it makes sense why hosts did not want to show their "proofs".

While I do care about what happens to my PSL team and teammates and my resources were always available for them and I tried my best, this situation is something to look into for future seasons. I hope staff will make at least a small statement about this situation.

2 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Honestly, from a POV of a guy who has been away for most of the season due to some serious unexpected reasons, the only thing that really worries me the most, is leaking private conversation by staff to other players. PSL seasons come and go, players change teams, different teams form and so on, but this is a situation that should never happen. I can understand staff diving into the conversations of players due to suspicions regarding RMT, heavy insults or something of a similar caliber. Now it makes sense why hosts did not want to show their "proofs".

While I do care about what happens to my PSL team and teammates and my resources were always available for them and I tried my best, this situation is something to look into for future seasons. I hope staff will make at least a small statement about this situation.

Rys you once had showdown staff look into IP addresses to confirm ghosting, no? And it worked and caught a cheater that season, but I’m not sure it was all that much less of an invasion of privacy 

here’s the thing - I like yetto and I know you do too. I feel bad for him because there is definitely a chance (a small one imo but a chance nonetheless) that he just didn’t realize what he was doing was wrong. But if it were any other manager, I have a strong feeling you’d be far more focused on the paying an opponent prior to their extremely important match against you part than the leaking of chat logs or trade logs part 

Edited by Gunthug

Ok, so let's think this through, as I'm sure many of you already have.

1. Yetto made a very large donation and was rewarded as a manager of the Taillows
  2. Yetto is a rich boy, Yetto paid his players handsomely (pretty cool, much jelly)
  3. Yetto got busted conspiring with DoctorPBC prior to midseason to throw his match with Julian for ~18m with the promise that Yetto would pursue him in midseason
  4. Yetto and DoctorPBC were banned during Week 7 for their conspiring, which they claim was just "memes" and yet a transaction did take place, Doc did lose, and he is on the Taillows
  5. Yetto is quiet, as other accusations and claims are flung at him, without evidence, for cheating more extensively throughout the season by offering money to other players to throw

Ultimately, what does a ban of either player do? Yetto is still very able to work with his team, propose lineups which are submitted by someone else, and throw his money around should he want to. If the Taillows win, Yetto still reaps the glory, as well as knowing they had an unfair advantage over other players. DoctorPBC cannot play, but he can still coach and he still benefited more than any other player this PSL, by receiving over 18m from Yetto.

Nothing changed, excluding we aren't letting Doc play which honestly isn't fair given Yetto is the bigger perpetrator in this situation and yet Doc is taking the biggest hit. Hosts haven't even banned them from the PSL Discord, so they are still very much allowed to participate and honestly, soil the enjoyment for a lot of us.

Regarding staff involvement, if true, well this is a public game we all play for free unless you dump cash into vanities. This type of involvement has happened before, hilariously with Doc, during PSL9 when staff presented chat logs proving that he coached in the playoffs. Also, Forfiter has previously had Showdown moderators look into IP addresses to prove a player being ghosted by another.

4 hours ago, Gunthug said:

Rys you once had showdown staff look into IP addresses to confirm ghosting, no? And it worked and caught a cheater that season, but I’m not sure it was all that much less of an invasion of privacy 

here’s the thing - I like yetto and I know you do too. I feel bad for him because there is definitely a chance (a small one imo but a chance nonetheless) that he just didn’t realize what he was doing was wrong. But if it were any other manager, I have a strong feeling you’d be far more focused on the paying an opponent prior to their extremely important match against you part than the leaking of chat logs or trade logs part 

Yeah I did, but I see quite a big difference in what happened in my situation and this one: I was not given any info regarding the IP address or anything else, just a confirmation that the ghosting happened. Noone leaked out the conversation I had with someone to anyone else.

Here, hosts received private chat logs from another player. Which, we (Taillows) as accused party still did not receive. In fact I found out about the whole affair as probably the last person despite being associate manager but w/e I was dead anyway.

I don't want to be the judge of the situation itself, I already spoke with both hosts and I made my point, however I could not argue or talk without seeing of what exactly happened (Doc described the situation after I already spoke with them). Additionally I'm biased as fuck, Yetto is the oldest friend I have in MMO and he has my full trust and every word he says is perceived as "truth" for me so I'll leave the arguing to the people involved, they know the situation better than I do.

Edited by RysPicz
1 hour ago, DoctorPBC said:

It’s ok JJ I’m done, said my piece, things won’t change from here. You can enjoy your PSL safely

the only clarification I want to make is that my coaching happened after other teams had confirmed cases and you did nothing (or in your case, you coached too if I recall). I fought fire with fire hue

I was already removed as host and banned by my small council at that point. 

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Ok, so let's think this through, as I'm sure many of you already have.

1. Yetto made a very large donation and was rewarded as a manager of the Taillows
  2. Yetto is a rich boy, Yetto paid his players handsomely (pretty cool, much jelly)
  3. Yetto got busted conspiring with DoctorPBC prior to midseason to throw his match with Julian for ~18m with the promise that Yetto would pursue him in midseason
  4. Yetto and DoctorPBC were banned during Week 7 for their conspiring, which they claim was just "memes" and yet a transaction did take place, Doc did lose, and he is on the Taillows
  5. Yetto is quiet, as other accusations and claims are flung at him, without evidence, for cheating more extensively throughout the season by offering money to other players to throw

Ultimately, what does a ban of either player do? Yetto is still very able to work with his team, propose lineups which are submitted by someone else, and throw his money around should he want to. If the Taillows win, Yetto still reaps the glory, as well as knowing they had an unfair advantage over other players. DoctorPBC cannot play, but he can still coach and he still benefited more than any other player this PSL, by receiving over 18m from Yetto.

Nothing changed, excluding we aren't letting Doc play which honestly isn't fair given Yetto is the bigger perpetrator in this situation and yet Doc is taking the biggest hit. Hosts haven't even banned them from the PSL Discord, so they are still very much allowed to participate and honestly, soil the enjoyment for a lot of us.

Regarding staff involvement, if true, well this is a public game we all play for free unless you dump cash into vanities. This type of involvement has happened before, hilariously with Doc, during PSL9 when staff presented chat logs proving that he coached in the playoffs. Also, Forfiter has previously had Showdown moderators look into IP addresses to prove a player being ghosted by another.

D2iDiRf.jpeg

Edited by NikhilR
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to both finalists. You both were on top of the regular season and made it all the way to the top. I want to thank every manager for a fun season, that made me want to pull my hair out at occasions. Many sleepless nights were spent on fixing issues that came up during the season, but in the end we made the best of it and managed to finish the season on a good note. I'm personally bummed I couldn't really watch any matches during semis and finals, as life got pretty busy all of a sudden. But alas, that is how it be sometimes. Huge thanks to Mago and Badbaar that still made it possible for me to get a piece of the action.

In the end I think it was a pretty competitive season, especially week 6 and 7 were pretty hype as there were a lot of things that could still happen (and oh boy did things happen). Although the Nincadas didn't do well, I felt like their matches could always swing the other way, so their score doesn't necessarily reflect their degree of competitiveness. Then the rest of the teams always performed pretty well and the top 4 was definitely a well deserved top 4. As hosts we sure made some mistakes and wrongful assumptions, but I hope you'll have me, or Pachi, again one day. Next time back to the basics right? So all tiers DPP OU, obviously.

I guess that's it for this season! If it's up to me, PSL 14 would be in the Fall of 2021, but I guess we'll see. From me you can still expect the Draft League. And then I want to host a solid competitive event for all tiers in PokeMMO. So be on the lookout for that, and send me all the money you have. Cauz I literally have none to host all this shit.

For salaries and prize money please refer to the latest post I made in the Finals thread, or #announcements in the PSL Discord. See you all next time.

Edited by ThinkNicer

Congratulations Empoleons for the well deserved win.

Congratulations Jaawax for proving I was a worse host than Thinknice by not picking you in.
Congratulations Rotoms for reaching 2nd place despite all our bias.

Thank you everyone for signing, playing and complaining.

Sorry Villains for not giving you a free pass.

I think that's all from me. 

35 minutes ago, pachima said:

Congratulations Empoleons for the well deserved win.

Congratulations Jaawax for proving I was a worse host than Thinknice by not picking you in.
Congratulations Rotoms for reaching 2nd place despite all our bias.

Thank you everyone for signing, playing and complaining.

Sorry Villains for not giving you a free pass.

I think that's all from me. 

noob host

Thank you guys for hosting this. Due to a lot of unpleasant circumstances in life I could not be as active as I initially wanted, but the fact that I didn't know most of people who played in finals (no offense to you guys- it's because of my inactivity) shows how the competitive community has grown over a very short period of time.

Huge thanks to my Taillow squad- despite not being in a PSL team anymore I spent some really cool moments out there, you are all always free to ask me for a mon if you need it. If I got it, I'll help out :)

Congratulations to Empoleons and Rotoms, at first glance and the matchup of finals I was pretty sure Rotoms will get the crown- but Jaawax gave proof why he deserved the manager spot. Really, really happy to see this man where he belongs. Félicitations mon ami :)

See you next season!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.