PSL XIII - PokeMMO Super League Season 13; Congratulations to the Empoleon Bonapartists

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So with the final week before the preliminaries, I think it's fun to reflect on my thought of the teams on week 1 and why I should never gamble.

#1 Ruthless Rotoms: I knew very little about most players on this team, although I knew RDL and Naga were (and still are) highly engaged with their team, so I had high hopes. I thought the Rotoms would make the playoffs for sure but I thought they would sit somewhere in the middle of the pack. RDL and Naga have shown good strategy during the draft and have two of the strongest contenders for breakout player of the season, with Darker (150k) and AkaruKokuyo (50k). I believe these two are the key to the success of the Rotoms, as RDL had a lot of cash to throw around while having picked up some sleeping stars for free. Not only that, but the Rotoms have also been efficient with their big players like Xondex (900k) and Mkns (1.95m), being one of the few teams that have high winrates on highly valued players.

#2 Empoleon Bonapartists: Another team I didn't know much about, but I'm glad Jaawax got to manage. I thin the Empoleons played their drafts well but I did not expect them to do as well as they did (this is a common trend). Now that I'm a bit more caught up with the community and who everyone is, I can see that the Empoleon team is full of threats. They might not have the best players for every tier, but Jaawax managed to get players that can play consistently on a high level and the team is a challenge for anyone. They definitely showed that last week.

#3 Just Blaziken It: The Blazikens I had forseen to be somewhere near the top. They have some very strong players and if Zigh managed to find his footing I think we would've seen the Blazikens contending for the top spot. The thing I liked about the Blaziken draft is that they kept away from the big fish and focused their attention on the mid-valued players. Players like Hawk, Kriliin and TheDH have basically performed as million credit worth players and they are a big boon for the team. Sometimes I do question some lineup choices, but it works out most of the time.

#4 Vermillion Villains: The Villains have a scary looking lineup and they kind of ended up where I expected them to be. For me the Villain team look kind of like the Empoleons, a bunch of consistently challenging competitors and basically a threat for any team to face. Yosoy (150k) being a shining star for the Villains in particular.

#5 Sailor Lunatones: I did think that the Lunatones had somewhat of a weak draft. Spending almost half their budget on Sweet (1.8m) while keeping a large reservoir for the mid-season. Then also losing one of their higher valued players in Thormmm (400k, but good riddance) in week 1, really hurt their chances in my eyes. They have managed to keep afloat however, with players like Cogeid (100k) and Senjutsuka (150k) coming up to the plate.

#6 Devil Bats: I'll have to be honest and say I expected the Bats to be somewhere near the bottom, not knowing many of the players and with what I think was overpaying for Frags. Their star player hitting the ground like a sack of potatoes for 4 weeks surely didn't help. But man, what a resilient team. Managing to stay relative after a 0-8 and 2-6 disaster is really impressive, as morale could not have been good. I will not be surprised seeing the Bats in the semis with how hardheaded they are.

#7 Trashtalking Taillows: Kinda where I expected them to be, Yetto had one of the least competitive drafts and it shows how important a balanced draft is. Julian has shown himself as a valuable captain though, leading the front with an impressive winrate. But most of all the players seem to all have fun, no matter the outcome. Which keeps the Taillows lively and of course every team is afraid of the dreaded Tie.

#8 Nincadas with Attitude: Yeah.... there is the team I expected at the top. Thinking imabe had one of the strongest drafts. I do think that the Nincadas got some unlucky games in the first few weeks, and that it affected the drive of many players. Maybe there is also a lack of connection in the team itself, I don't know. But we've seen the Bats pick themselves up from a worse position, while the Nincadas failed to deliver when they were given the golden opportunities in week 4 against the Bats and week 5 against the Taillows.

I think this was my prediction 1st Nincadas, 2nd Blazikens, 3rd Villains, 4th-5th Empoleons/Rotoms, 6th Lunatones, 7th Bats, 8th Taillows.

So how about you guys? Expectations met? Some unexpected turns?

56 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

#8 Nincadas with Attitude: Yeah.... there is the team I expected at the top. Thinking imabe had one of the strongest drafts. I do think that the Nincadas got some unlucky games in the first few weeks, and that it affected the drive of many players. Maybe there is also a lack of connection in the team itself, I don't know. But we've seen the Bats pick themselves up from a worse position, while the Nincadas failed to deliver when they were given the golden opportunities in week 4 against the Bats and week 5 against the Taillows.

I think this was my prediction 1st Nincadas, 2nd Blazikens, 3rd Villains, 4th-5th Empoleons/Rotoms, 6th Lunatones, 7th Bats, 8th Taillows.

I only have one question, are you high? 

Following Think's post, my thoughts about the teams 

#1 Ruthless Rotoms: Always looked like a decent team to me, knew they were gonna be in the top 4 teams for sure. But didn't expect to be that solid at #1. I still believe they will not win the whole thing though, maybe they'll prove me wrong. It's nothing personal, just the #1 seed curse.. I've been there. 

#2 Empoleon Bonapartists: Thought the draft was meh but they proved me wrong.. My thought was that with players like Madara (always does bad in PSL) and Schuchty (he is either best player of the season or worst player of the season) the wins would rely a lot on YEYO, geto, etc. But Superman really showed up in dubs and so did Badbaarsito getting some huge unexpected wins in Doubles. Didn't expect them to be #2 team. 

#4 Vermillion Villains: I expected them to be top 4. Imo scariest lineup by far when they put in effort, this team is basically playoff-made. They just need to clinch their spot and I know the players will show up, as they've done every season.. just a matter of fact if some of the players can get their shit together when the time comes.

#5 Sailor Lunatones: XD 

#6 Devil Bats: Thought the draft was absolute garbage bar Frags, it was just a LORD circle-jerk and Sebat drafting his teammates. But I gotta give it to them with the resillient thing, they've been memed, rekt, destroyed, however you wanna put it and they still have their morale up and trying to win every week. Huge respect for that. 

#7 Trashtalking Taillows: Second to worst draft imo, performed exactly as I expected. Some players hugely underperforming didn't help either. 

#8 Nincadas with Attitude:

IMG_20201016_201636.png

This pretty much sums it up. Imabe didn't even know.. love the guy though. 

Edited by LeJovi

Drama time, this is my story in its 100% truthful state. Interpret it as you will, I felt it necessary to finally get my side across

The payout

I did accept a payout from Yetto prior to my battle against Julian. It was for the amount of roughly 18m and was about 4 days prior to my game. The facts regarding this payout are as follows

1: It was provided to me early so I would have time to prepare comps for week 6. I knew I would be starting my new job prior to week 6 and required the time to create a brand new box of comps to aid me in winning

2: There was no ill intentions with this payout, its considered a loan and it was provided because most of the comps I had were due to be given back to the Nincadas

3: The timing of it has been viewed as suspicious, with the benefit of hindsight I understand how this may be the case. But I did not even remotely begin to think it would be viewed as malicious when accepting. I just wanted an extra few days of freedom to make the things I needed

4: I still tried my best to win my battle against Julian for the nincadas, Imabe brought me back to the game and I definitely owed and still owe him my very best and thats what I tried to give. The hosts claiming I attempted to matchfix is insulting and wildly incorrect.

I have provided the above information to the hosts numerous times to try and clear my name and prove innocence. They have selected a narrative that they have chosen to follow and that has resulted in me being unfairly punished by being removed from this COMMUNITY run event for this season and the next. All off the back of (admittedly) an innocent mistake.

Hosts soliciting staff to view player trade and chat logs

My next concern is regarding staff providing chat and trade logs to the hosts. This has very clearly happened and the logs have been taken out of context. My first issue is that to my knowledge I am the only player that has had their logs and trade provided to the hosts, and none of the other midseason trade players who likely have discussed or even followed through on matchfixing/throwing. This shows an extreme level of bias against myself and my team and has resulted in things being taken way out of context in a display of unreasonable power.

I have asked for Thinknice and Pachima to prove my guilt by providing their evidence which they have thus far failed to do. This and the fact my payment was not discussed outside of me and Yetto has lead to the confirmation that staff are involved and that the hosts are bound by secrecy to not share.

I am also concerned that staff are now providing private messages and ingame financials to other players and I have brought my concerns regarding this to the appropriate sources.

Midseason

Prior to midseason I received several offers from different teams to join them. Some of these offers included the opportunity for teambuilding, money (not quite 18m) free comps and coaching. I wont be throwing any of the other teams under the bus however I do not see how this situation differs from Yetto's offer and how these managers likely offered the same to other players they have recruited. I have brought this up to the hosts so that they could use their staff whipping boy to investigate other cases of PSL 'rule breaking' however they have refused to follow through so far, again showing a level of BIAS against the Taillows.

I also brought up the point that midseason inherently encouraged players to lose their week 5 battle in order to aid a new team they had agreed to join. A conflict of interests if you will. While I did not do such a thing I am being accused of it. The fact that the hosts midseason system encouraged this is damning and players like myself should not be punished for their mistake.

My battle with Julian and my suggestions

Lastly it has been confirmed by several players including my opponent that I did not deliberately throw or matchfix my battle in week 5. I did do everything in my power to win and if I had coincidentally won this whole issue would have absolutely no merit. Thinknice has acknowledged this to be true and actually has agreed with me on several points in our discord discussion as seen below. However the hosts continue to not revert their decision and I believe that the following needs to happen, otherwise every other player in PSL risks having their conversations taken out of context, their level of play to be suspected should they lose a pivotal game in a week and the level of bias for certain individuals will continue.

1: The hosts absolutely must not be allowed to continue in their role, they solicited private information from staff to incriminate the playerbase with information that should not be accessible to them.

2: The hosts must be banned from all future PSL events for showing bias towards managers and teams

3: Future hosts must not have ultimate power to remove community members from this event based off faulty non public information

4: I would like to be unbanned

5: Any punishments against the taillows must be reverted

6: Any managers that encouraged the hosts to investigate other teams should be removed from their role.

My discord conversation in its entirety with Thinknice

162941976_Pbcandthink.thumb.png.b6c276b0121aa30dcad2bf4efb934aea.png

Edited by DoctorPBC
47 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:
  Hide contents

1: The hosts absolutely must not be allowed to continue in their role, they solicited private information from staff to incriminate the playerbase with information that should not be accessible to them.

Im so worried about this situation cause the logs should be private I think and only the SGM must be able to see that. Imagine making jokes with friends and boom!! Host with their moral power come and ban you,

#freepbc #freetailows 

Edited by Xigbar
41 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

2: The hosts must be banned from all future PSL events for showing bias towards managers and teams

3: Future hosts must not have ultimate power to remove community members from this event based off faulty non public information

4: I would like to be unbanned

5: Any punishments against the taillows must be reverted

6: Any managers that encouraged the hosts to investigate other teams should be removed from their 

Can you prove they solicited the info?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.