Add fly to ninjask

RedLunette

Question

I learned that, according to the base games, ninjask can't learn fly!

After some research I learned that doduo can learn fly despite lacking wings.

Flygon can also learn fly despite being ground type rather than flying type.

Considering that ninjask is a flying type with wings, I'd like to put in a request to alter the vanilla behaviour!

9 answers to this question

Maybe, when MMO releases gen 9 movesets, where Ninjask might hopefully get Fly in the original game :3

Basically, the movesets of pokémon from the actual pokémon games would be preserved in most cases, except for when the move would make the pokémon meta-breaking. As far as I know, the only instance of PokéMMO deviating from a pokémon's original movepool is Hydreigon not being able to learn Draco Meteor, and that's for obvious reasons (and who knows, they might consider adding it back). Compared to this, don't you think ninjask getting special access to Fly is a bit... insignificant?

Edited by TheBirdLord
(said Shedinja instead of ninjask)
6 hours ago, Theet said:

are you just asking because you need an flying hm slave? if so you could always get a fly ocarina. but yea in general there are some weird things in the pokemon games in general. like how gyarados is a flying type i still ask to this day. 

And not a dragon type, yeah. It continually catches me out.

I didn't know about these ocarinas - they seem out of my price range atm, but thank you for telling me about them!

Hey there, the balancing team here really only considers adding/removing moves from a Pokemon either if there is a precedent for it in another game (Gen 6 and onward, sometimes Mystery Gifts, etc), or if a move or ability on a Pokemon seems overpowered. You're welcome to keep on making this suggestion, but I'll have to say you'll probably have to make a really good argument as to why we should break this precedent other than 'it would be cool'. Trust me, I wish Ninjask had something other than aerial ace.

11 minutes ago, Raichuforyou said:

Hey there, the balancing team here really only considers adding/removing moves from a Pokemon either if there is a precedent for it in another game (Gen 6 and onward, sometimes Mystery Gifts, etc), or if a move or ability on a Pokemon seems overpowered. You're welcome to keep on making this suggestion, but I'll have to say you'll probably have to make a really good argument as to why we should break this precedent other than 'it would be cool'. Trust me, I wish Ninjask had something other than aerial ace.

I appreciate that you have a clear standard and that you're looking to uphold it, so I won't ask any more than I already have done.

However as you brought up that it's possible for pokemon to gain access to moves if they're granted access in a later generation,

Ninjask can apparently learn "Acrobatics" in generation 8 (and no sooner!) or rather bulbapedia seems to think so.

Would there be in an argument in bringing that into PokeMMO?

1 hour ago, RedLunette said:

I appreciate that you have a clear standard and that you're looking to uphold it, so I won't ask any more than I already have done.

However as you brought up that it's possible for pokemon to gain access to moves if they're granted access in a later generation,

Ninjask can apparently learn "Acrobatics" in generation 8 (and no sooner!) or rather bulbapedia seems to think so.

Would there be in an argument in bringing that into PokeMMO?

It's going to be added to its learnset next update, along with the majority of the rest of the gen 8 additions (that existed in gen 5).