Achievement System/ Player Profiles

EricRasp

Question

It's pretty evident that the game suffers from a severe lack of content. To spice things up for a bit, I'd like to propose adding an achievement system. 

Give players short/ long term goals with a reward system if they are able to meet them. Also give players cool badges for each achievement they complete so that they can show it off in their player profile. Now that is a nice segue to my second suggestion which is Player Profiles

The upside to having player profiles are numerous. People can advertise their ELO ranking, their completed achievements, their PokeMMO services with a redirect to their shop on the forum, a small description about themselves, mutual friend list if your friend looks at your profile, your affiliation (team), and so many more. These are just off the top of my head. 

These QOL updates would definitely be welcome by majority of the player-base. If anyone else has any suggestions based on this topic, feel free to suggest them below. :) 

Cheers.

Edited by EricRasp
Added an extra suggestion

12 answers to this question

I like this idea - It adds onto the multiplayer/community aspect of the game :)

Edit: But there would need to be more specifics on the types of achievements one can get, what rewards for what action, and where to see all this. Player profiles are already semi-existent here in the forums, so if one could have greater control over their profile page to pin certain pages or add a tab would be helpful.

Edited by TheBirdLord

I second this! Or...I guess it's third now, lol. We could also use Black/White 2's medal systems for part of the achievement system, among other things. Granted, some of the prerequisites might have to change and some medals may have to be added to accommodate for all of the regions involved, but it'd certainly be nice to have! It would also make life easier for people who run forum shops; they could advertise their shop in their personal message or something like that.

3 minutes ago, profhemlocke said:

I second this! Or...I guess it's third now, lol. We could also use Black/White 2's medal systems for part of the achievement system, among other things. Granted, some of the prerequisites might have to change and some medals may have to be added to accommodate for all of the regions involved, but it'd certainly be nice to have! It would also make life easier for people who run forum shops; they could advertise their shop in their personal message or something like that.

The end goal of that service suggestion is to have another section on GTL where your PokeMMO service is built into it. All services have review systems so that customers can know what they are getting into. Having your service on the forums limits your customer base by a lot! If it can exist on the game then literally anyone can see it. 

However, that suggestion is for another time. We first need some progress on this suggestion :) 

On 7/23/2020 at 12:05 AM, TheBirdLord said:

Player profiles are already semi-existent here in the forums, so if one could have greater control over their profile page to pin certain pages or add a tab would be helpful.

For me there should be a clear distinction between the game and the forum. A forum is a place where game enthusiasts gather and discuss stuff about the game and create a community around the game. I'm pretty sure that majority of the players do not use the forums. 

On 7/23/2020 at 12:05 AM, TheBirdLord said:

Edit: But there would need to be more specifics on the types of achievements one can get, what rewards for what action, and where to see all this.

This would fall on game devs. A section in the player profile can be dedicated to their completed achievements. 

The achievement system would be able to revive the endless repetition based game-play. It would give people a reason to continue playing. We all know how much people like to flex.