Returning (necro'd) player

Hey guys.

Today I somehow stumbled upon this game again. The last time I played was apparently way back in 2012. I'm recovering memories, but I'll admit they're coming back rather slowly. So much has changed (wow!) that going off of memories probably wouldn't serve me well anyways. So, I'll be approaching this game as if I'm a brand new player. Before I get too far, are there any quirks to old accounts or old Pokemon I should be aware of?

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

there any quirks to old accounts or old Pokemon I should be aware of?

If you have any old time limited vanity item, they will be worth a lot. Apart from that, not much really.

Welcome back to the game, if you need help with anything, hit me up. Have fun o7

Welcome back!

Many things have changed since your last visit, so if you ever need help do not hesitate to contact me!

As mentioned above, old limited items/vanities are worth a lot today.

You might also want to take a look at announcements/changelog to learn about the latest features/mechanics.

We also have a Discord server, so make sure to check it out:

https://pokemmo.eu/discord

Have fun on your adventure! :)

Welcome back @Elite!

I am sure you have a lot of questions and things to get into, so please feel free to contact me as well if you have any questions (Sethsen). Especially when it comes to shiny hunting. 
If you are interesting in shiny hunting, I have this guide:

Else, I just wish you a great return!

Welcome back to the game! I like yourself am also a 2012 player. There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said by everyone else, but this game has grown leaps and bounds since then and you'll have a great time. I'd heavily recommend finding a team, as a lot of the best parts of this game come from the times you spend with your team. Good luck!