"National Pokedex" vs "International Pokedex"

It's a topic soo picky that most devs would want my head, but recently I've been thinking: in Pokemon world is there only one country?

I read in some fandom that unova was pretty far away from the previous regions, like giving an idea of another country (the routes too don't match). It was also the first to separate from the Japanese region base.

And there are a lot of new regions after that. I haven't read about them, neither watched Pokemon anime, so I don't know the distances but it's logical to think of them as international's.

Yep, that was my utterly non relevant topic. I will now proceed to hide.

In the Pokemon world, each region has their own local Pokedex that is archived by the local professor for said region; and is compiled by all of the professors of every region. The National Pokedex literally is just a collection of each regions data regarding their local (or not so local Pokemon... looking at you Kanto.) - I can only imagine that a International Pokedex would be the same thing.

National means "of, relating to, or characteristic of a nation" whereas International means "Of, relating to, or involving two or more nations."

From what we know of the Pokemon World, a region is just a part of one big nation, as this has never been expounded upon (at least to my knowledge) this would make the terming "National Pokedex" more accurate.

It would be interesting if many regions were in one Nation, and then many regions were in another Nation. It would open for some unique game play ideas that I don't think Nintendo have considered yet.

Please correct me if I am wrong however.