Shiny Breed Questions #1

A question that worries me is knowing if I am using pokemons of which I am not the original trainer when searching for a shiny using the breed method (that is, by eggs). When the shiny appears, will he come out with an unknown OT?

Una duda q me inquieta es saber si a la hora de buscar un shiny mediante el metodo de breed  (o sea por huevos) si utilizo pokemons de los cuales no soy el entrenador original.. cuando aparezca el shiny en cuestion saldrá con OT desconocido?  

Screenshot_20200709-121345_PokeMMO.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lamsak said:

A question that worries me is knowing if I am using pokemons of which I am not the original trainer when searching for a shiny using the breed method (that is, by eggs). When the shiny appears, will he come out with an unknown OT?

The answer for your question is shiny will be OT*.

The way it works is that,

If the parent that's same species as the egg is OT, then egg is OT, otherwise egg is OT*.

If both parents are shiny, replace the term "OT*" as "Unknown OT" in above sentence.

2 hours ago, Dip said:

The answer for your question is shiny will be OT*.

The way it works is that,

If the parent that's same species as the egg is OT, then egg is OT, otherwise egg is OT*.

If both parents are shiny, replace the term "OT*" as "Unknown OT" in above sentence.

That means that if the egg were causally shiny, it would have OT Lamsakr * or put Unknown?

27 minutes ago, Lamsak said:

That means that if the egg were causally shiny, it would have OT Lamsakr * or put Unknown?

Whether it's OT* or Unknown OT depends on parents, not the egg. Sorry if I wasn't clear above, for your case, any charmander you get by breeding OT* and any ditto will be OT*, even if the egg is shiny or not. So for your question, the answer is that you'll get OT*.

However, if you breed two shinies in which the parent that's same species as the egg is not OT, then the shiny egg will be Unknown OT. I hope this is clear.

EDIT: An easy way to see is to remember it as, what you see in breeding screen is what you get. It doesn't matter if the regular parent's produce a shiny egg randomly.

Edited by Dip

The shiny will come out with Lamsakr* as its OT.

Something worth noting though is that if you hatch a shiny Charmander with your OT*, you won't be able to breed it with other shinies to improve the IVs without it becoming Unknown OT. If you don't care about the stats and will be happy with the shiny no matter how it turns out, this shouldn't be a problem as long as the * doesn't bother you. If you do want to breed the final shiny to perfection though, you should catch some Charmanders yourself instead of using bought ones.