Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Saad4206969

Conkeldurr counters

Recommended Posts

What mons can be used to consistently counter Conkeldurr? Preferably looking for mons that can also perform the function of a stealth rock setter or a hazard remover.

Share this post


Link to post

Cofagrigus is overall the best counter to Conk. Physically defensive Hippowdon is also good against it and sets up Stealth Rocks if that was your main goal.

Share this post


Link to post

Cofagrigus, like said, is a solid option BUT cofagrigus cant defeat Bulk up + leftovers conkeldur with stone edge (or another move without direct contact). That being said, if you want to 100% counter Conkeldurr with it, you need the haze move. Burning it (bulk up + leftovers set) will only helping it to sweep you, since it will never lost the guts ability. You can also counter it via special outspeed (Togekiss, gengar).

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, aZaz07 said:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 284-336 (108.3 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 604-712 (169.1 - 199.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 564-664 (164.4 - 193.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 228-270 (53.7 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

 

i dont know...

 

You are giving me ideas haha

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RysPicz said:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Conkeldurr: 166-196 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
 
 
easy

You're joking right? 

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Blissey: 810-954 (223.7 - 263.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Blissey: 432-510 (119.3 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

how is blissey going to switch in?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HumongousNoodle said:

You're joking right? 

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Blissey: 810-954 (223.7 - 263.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Blissey: 432-510 (119.3 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

how is blissey going to switch in?

Ur using wrong spread:

 

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 230-272 (69.4 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
 
It doesn't have to switch in when it obliterates conk with it's raw power I swear it's legit
 
E:
 
Spoiler

In case it's not clear enough- yeah I'm just joking and fooling around

 

Edited by RysPicz

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Ur using wrong spread:

 

252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 230-272 (69.4 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
 
It doesn't have to switch in when it obliterates conk with it's raw power I swear it's legit
 
E:
 
  Hide contents

In case it's not clear enough- yeah I'm just joking and fooling around

 

Lmao got me there

Share this post


Link to post

Other decent checks to Conk include Chandelure, Gliscor, Jellicent, Dusclops, Reuniclus. If we had Cresselia... maybe in next century

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Other decent checks to Conk "IN"clude Chandelure, Gliscor, "J"ellicent, D"U"sclops, Reuniclus. If we had Cresse"L"ia... ma"Y"be in next century

HYPE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RysPicz said:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Blissey Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Conkeldurr: 166-196 (91.7 - 108.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
 
 
easy

@pachima go breed it

Share this post


Link to post

Cofagrigus or Hippowdon+Rocky Helmet

but not 100% counter.

 

Share this post


Link to post

For those that weren't, please keep answers serious.  People come here for help or ideas, not to be given false information by people intentionally giving it, regardless of if you think it is funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Imo, Conkeldurr's perfect counter is Hippowdon (Rocky Helmet) that faster than the Conkeldurr. Btw, Hippowdon is a stealth rock setter and has Roar which can replace haze. 

Edited by Daifang

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Meltdown said:

Cofagrigus, like said, is a solid option BUT cofagrigus cant defeat Bulk up + leftovers conkeldur with stone edge (or another move without direct contact). That being said, if you want to 100% counter Conkeldurr with it, you need the haze move. Burning it (bulk up + leftovers set) will only helping it to sweep you, since it will never lost the guts ability. You can also counter it via special outspeed (Togekiss, gengar).

I have a gengar, but 9 out of 10 times it'll proct my opponent to switch in their chansey/blissey, plus getting gengar in against conk is also a problem because Conk's coverage moves have a chance to straight up OHKO the gengar that I'm using if they predict right.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Saad4206969 said:

I have a gengar, but 9 out of 10 times it'll proct my opponent to switch in their chansey/blissey, plus getting gengar in against conk is also a problem because Conk's coverage moves have a chance to straight up OHKO the gengar that I'm using if they predict right.

For real, try Swalot pain split + encore. You will only have issues with speedy conks (which are rare) that use facade on the switch.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.