PSL XIII - Community Input / Discussion

Showdown or not  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Showdown Tier (or not)?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/20 at 10:59 PM

53 minutes ago, Zhikodark said:

Start this shit fast I'm bored

It'll take a while before we start. Hopefully at the end of this week or next week the update will hit to shake things up a bit. It might be a good time to start sign ups after the update hype has died down a bit. So maybe over a month orso.

Also a reminder to everyone that you can access the ruleset of this season here. If you have any feedback give it while you can (not after the general thread is already up).

Late reply, but: 

- No showdown has won with 62,666% of the votes. Therefore No showdown will be played in this season (There could be some special matches at midseason...)

- This also means the tiers layout for this season, as voted in the first pole will be: 2xOU - 1xUU - 1xNU - 1xLC - 1xDubs - 2x Manager's choice.

- General thread soon. 

- If someone has any issues/doubts about the new system (whatever they may be), feel free to voice them before general thread is opened. We will not change any ruleset after general thread is opened, unless under few eventual specific scenarios.

I feel like it would have made more sense to do a vote between the showdown singles format with the most votes vs vgc, since all the singles tiers were likely splitting votes before doing the showdown format vs no showdown.

Is this our first psl without a showdown tier included? Will be interesting to see if it makes a meaningful difference.

23 minutes ago, redbluegreen said:

I feel like it would have made more sense to do a vote between the showdown singles format with the most votes vs vgc, since all the singles tiers were likely splitting votes before doing the showdown format vs no showdown.

Is this our first psl without a showdown tier included? Will be interesting to see if it makes a meaningful difference.

No it will be the second in a row.

11 hours ago, redbluegreen said:

this

12 hours ago, redbluegreen said:

We thought about it, but No showdown won the first poll AND the layout. At that point we could simply enforce no Showdown, but decided to offer the showdown players the chance to shift their choice for the most picked showdown at the time. 

On last season, I don't think there was meaningful difference by not having showdown, except in the beginning ofc, with people arguing about not being able to play it.

Also, some people have asked for an ETA. There is no specific schedule as of now. Anyway, assuming next update is fully working (no bugs, etc) (Also new vanities), I would prefer to not push sign ups later than September. This can both give us time to prepare everything, and time for you to fully understand the mechanics of the system. Speaking of which, I haven't yet heard of any doubt about it, and I'm pretty sure there might be some. Feel free to ask them away in here, or get a private message in discord.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.