PSL XIII - Community Input / Discussion

Showdown or not  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Showdown Tier (or not)?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/20 at 10:59 PM

Results of first Poll: 

- Slow Auction Style wins with 45.3% votes (Standard in second with 44%)

- Salary system wins with 61,3% votes

- No showdown wins with 33,3% votes, and with 26,7% votes VGC 2020 is second.

Regarding this last point, while some can argue No showdown had most votes, others can also argue that more votes went to showdown tiers. Therefore we are allowing one last Poll to choose between these 2 options: No showdown or VGC2020. 

edit: Added forums poll.

Edited by pachima

Because the whole thing is too big to be formatted in our forums. We offer to you the whole ruleset of the entire PSL XIII. apart of the most obvious ones that no1 knows about.

We don't expect for you to read this thing at once, but docs are super easily navigated using the outlines, so you can skip to the parts that you want most to understand.

Please discuss, and let us know what you think/suggest. This is a new system and all input helps us build a better one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jrFThqqVDoe_QRs3vzPJxfFzNg4n7EwlV1fVEk0Kkis/edit?usp=sharing

On 7/5/2020 at 7:36 AM, iJulian said:

Dubs has 128 man tournaments, lc does not.

Staff decide on tournament sizes based on the historical playerbase of the tier.

So yeah, its quite simple: I happen to have a real argument and official evidence to support it. All you got is a meme. Dubs has more players than lc does and that's it.

image.png.fcbc584ee7393f83ca3a267b8e213e6f.png xd

image.png.1e8aa4ee2318149180e5c823be59b39e.png

I dare you to find a 32 man dubs CC let alone a 6x31/shiny (real) tournament.

Just cause there's statistics, doesn't mean it should be the only criteria. Every one of those LC tours has 16 out of 16 LC players playing. 1/4th ofthe people in the dubs tours don't even bring dubs mons, and I speak from experience, cause dubs is a real good chance to meme as much as u want.
I mean, dont get me wrong, dubs>lc, but still, not a fair argument.

22 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

Just cause there's statistics, doesn't mean it should be the only criteria. Every one of those LC tours has 16 out of 16 LC players playing. 1/4th ofthe people in the dubs tours don't even bring dubs mons, and I speak from experience, cause dubs is a real good chance to meme as much as u want.

Wether they are using the correct builds or not, they are still playing.  People could also use route's 1 wild pidgeys and rattatas to sign up for lc. In fact, this happens in every tier: Even in early rounds of ou tournaments you will find noobs running their charizard storyline teams.

image.png.4de2834c7f958675bb6ba5697dd4f90e.png

This for instance, is a r1 match of the most recent lc cc,  ft. rattata. btw, the tournament only filled 24/32 slots. Meanwhile, the day before, the most recent dubs cc filled 64/64

Edited by iJulian
2 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

64x0.75>16

4 hours ago, iJulian said:

Wether they are using the correct builds or not, they are still playing.  People could also use route's 1 wild pidgeys and rattatas to sign up for lc. In fact, this happens in every tier: Even in early rounds of ou tournaments you will find noobs running their charizard storyline teams.

image.png.4de2834c7f958675bb6ba5697dd4f90e.png

This for instance, is a r1 match of the most recent lc cc,  ft. rattata. btw, the tournament only filled 24/32 slots. Meanwhile, the day before, the most recent dubs cc filled 64/64

this match looks better than half of the r1 duels of any dubs tournaments, at least here kingdra is not going to kill his allied pelipper with surf...

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

this match looks better than half of the r1 duels of any dubs tournaments, at least here kingdra is not going to kill his allied pelipper with surf...

Hey I killed my own volc with scarf peliper's surf in TT once...

That being said, you cant compare these scenarios because obviosuly they're different formats and you cant hit your own pokemon in singles.  

I actually went and clicked on random r1 matches from the last dubs cc and It didnt look nearly as bad (as far as mons goes, play is atrocious obviosuly but that would apply to any random r1 match from any tier): you see a lot of hitmontop, followme toge and like, actual doubles pokemon. 

image.thumb.png.ff8bf01522a41610f51ae2959f31169b.png

On the other hand... this itemless charmander (not even flying gem mind you) stayed on golett to set up sunny day, flamethrower and die not to earthquake but to drain punch... the charmander's guy only ground resist was gastly so ofcourse golett had a very good reason not to click eq and use a fighting move instead...

Edited by iJulian
16 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Hey I killed my own volc with scarf peliper's surf in TT once...

That being said, you cant compare these scenarios because obviosuly they're different formats and you cant hit your own pokemon in singles.  

I actually went and clicked on random r1 matches from the last dubs cc and It didnt look nearly as bad (as far as mons goes, play is atrocious obviosuly but that would apply to any random r1 match from any tier): you see a lot of hitmontop, followme toge and like, actual doubles pokemon. 

image.thumb.png.0e39897ad76157661773d045c239d949.png

On the other hand... this itemless charmander (not even flying gem mind you) stayed on golett to set up sunny day, flamethrower and die not to earthquake but to drain punch... the charmander's guy only ground resist was gastly so ofcourse golett had a very good reason not to click eq and use a fighting move instead...

Dubs is not a tier. OU players, the largest player base in mmo can't sign up in LC with their OU team. They can sign up in Dubs with their OU team tho and that's why it doesn't matter how bad a particular lc duel may be because it will never be worse than what we constantly see in dubs. Also this charmander is not itemless in your screen, so I don't get what's your point.

Edited by gbwead
42 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Dubs is not a tier. OU players, the largest player base in mmo can't sign up in LC with their OU team. They can sign up in Dubs with their OU team tho and that's why it doesn't matter how bad a particular lc duel may be because it will never be worse than what we constantly see in dubs. Also this charmander is not itemless in your screen, so I don't get what's your point.

But they can sign up with the lvl 5 wild pokemon they catched in route 1. 

I get they can queue up with their ou teams but in most r1 matches you see hitmontop and actual dubs mons.

Charmamder used acrobatics and didn't have flying gem so it was either itemless or it used 55bp acro and I honestly don't know which one would be worse..

2 minutes ago, iJulian said:

But they can sign up with the lvl 5 wild pokemon they catched in route 1. 

I get they can queue up with their ou teams but in most r1 matches you see hitmontop and actual dubs mons.

Charmamder used acrobatics and didn't have flying gem so it was either itemless or it used 55bp acro and I honestly don't know which one would be worse..

We can see it is holding an item. And it's not uncommon to play acro with berry juice tbh.

Just now, gbwead said:

We can see it is holding an item. And it's not uncommon to play acro with berry juice tbh.

but its at 30% and it didnt active berry juice either so that wasnt the case.

Anyways, round1 matches will always be bad regardless of the tier. the point was that more people play doubles even if they run their ou rain team, if anything thats just an adventage because it facilitates the transition of most players towards starting to play the tier

2 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

Woah bro ur so good at math how did u do that.

If only you didn't miss the whole point I was trying to make, quantity doesn't automatically have to mean its better.

Quick maff bro.

Except I really didn't miss your point. Your entire point was to revive a week old argument (which was originally about if there was enough active doubles players for it to be included in managers choice in comparison to LC, which is very easily provably the case). The argument was already settled and all you are doing is trying to bait gb back out into arguing about doubles for the millionth time.

7 hours ago, redbluegreen said:

Quick maff bro.

Except I really didn't miss your point. Your entire point was to revive a week old argument (which was originally about if there was enough active doubles players for it to be included in managers choice in comparison to LC, which is very easily provably the case). The argument was already settled and all you are doing is trying to bait gb back out into arguing about doubles for the millionth time.

Baiting gb?

Garchomp is absolutely fine. Git gud.

11 hours ago, redbluegreen said:

Quick maff bro.

You sure have a hard time keeping up. I quoted julian, never said nor wanted to send something to gb, but it's nice to know your delusional mind works that way.
Oh and I couldn't give a fuck about how old the argument is. So again, missed the point :)

so polls dead 

https://imgur.com/a/FtaVThI

also once upon a time think was host and got banned with the prize money for rmt. maybe pachi should hold the moniez. also think

showdown tiers good

#docisbad

also also not participating other then logging on and grinding donations, but hey that makes me unbiased right? 

Edited by fredrichnietze
8 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

so polls dead 

https://imgur.com/a/FtaVThI

also once upon a time think was host and got banned with the prize money for rmt. maybe pachi should hold the moniez. also think

showdown tiers good

#docisbad

also also not participating other then logging on and grinding donations, but hey that makes me unbiased right? 

Ur just jealous cause you're not a b tier doubles player like doc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.