[GUI] Simplesmog v1.06

Hello PokeMMO community! 

This is the first in my "Simpleskin" series - Smog. 

As the title of the skin suggests (Simple) - it's a relatively basic recoloring of the default skin with a purple color scheme. It's the first version, I'll continue to update it as I work alongside other projects to ensure this skin remains working and as (high quality) as a re-skin can be from a noob artist like myself.

I'm also working on the following, so keep your eyes peeled if any of these appeal to you!

Spoiler

Simplespark (Yellow)

Simplecharm (Pink)

Simplemist (Grey)

Simplebubble (Blue)

Simpleflare (Red)

Simpleseed (Green)

Simplecloud (White)

Simplespace (Black)

More to come as I become more experienced.

(If any of these are finished, the names will instead be updated with links to the finished skins)

Media

Login Screen:

Spoiler

eKHWFsG.png

Various Interfaces:

Spoiler

rjttuPn.png

GsgAyZD.png

SEUYuNF.png

vMOsGGy.png

owT48cl.png

CiJ7bNB.png

pdedjmn.png

QbfipNV.png

Downloads

Feel free to make mirrors

Spoiler

Version: 1.06

Theme: Simplesmog

Author: Justehn

Last updated on: 03/07/2020

Mega: https://mega.nz/file/at9DzQhJ#ph_3WTfh7gggagKYJ4mdp_XkZxO4RqtlD7KmLylAAmE

Instructions

Spoiler

Download the theme and extract the folder into your PokeMMO Directory

(Program Files/PokeMMO/data/themes)

Open PokeMMO and in the settings choose interface and for theme select "simplesmog"

Enjoy and leave feedback <3 

Thanks for trying out a simple skin, if you find any bugs or weird things that you think maybe should be changed (if possible) - let me know and if I can manage it i'll throw it on my to-do list!

My personal recommendation is to equip your client with the following mods for the best experience overall!

Spoiler

Shuffle Icons by RyuujiHit - 

Gen 5 Followers by TooManyLuigis - 

HD Battle Sprites by Verdep - 

A personal to-do list for final release:

Spoiler

Tidy up text boxes

Make fonts bigger/more readable

The PokeDex OT/OT* need to be made more recognizable 

Select Icon in battle needs changing (yellow -> purple)

Match up colors to perfect an already cleaner looking theme (Battle HUD icons, some other various icons)

Battle text box should be made transparent - it hides a lot of the smaller pokemon entirely

Cursors need improvement

Make sure the theme doesn't interfere with useful mods like the encounter counter (etc)

Edited by Justehn
4 hours ago, Justehn said:

A personal to-do list for final release:

Reveal hidden contents

Tidy up text boxes

Select Icon in battle needs changing (yellow -> purple)

Match up colors to perfect an already cleaner looking theme (Battle HUD icons, some other various icons)

Cursors need improvement

Make sure the theme doesn't interfere with useful mods like the encounter counter (etc)

When can all of this be expected to be done? A time-frame.

EDIT: I do love the theme. Only thing I'd change atm is: the "Fight," "Bag," Pokemon," & "Run" text to something easier to read.

Edited by NickLetts
13 minutes ago, NickLetts said:

When can all of this be expected to be done? A time-frame.

EDIT: I do love the theme. Only thing I'd change atm is: the "Fight," "Bag," Pokemon," & "Run" text to something easier to read.

Hey Nick!

Thanks for checking it out! Currently I'm exploring all the .xml files and trying to see what's what in terms of what I can modify - I'm hoping to have {most} of the stuff on the to-do list sorted by this weekend, any changes I make I'll be sure to log.

I was hoping the font would look nicer (i swear it did on the program! lol) as I made it custom in fontforge (basically a photoshop for fonts) - I think given the fact I'm not too great at it I'll start looking for some open source fonts (from DaFonts or something) and just use that until I can figure out how to work the program to it's full potential. I will definitely play around with some fonts and see what fits nicely, thanks for the feedback! 

35 minutes ago, Justehn said:

Hey Nick!

Thanks for checking it out! Currently I'm exploring all the .xml files and trying to see what's what in terms of what I can modify - I'm hoping to have {most} of the stuff on the to-do list sorted by this weekend, any changes I make I'll be sure to log.

I was hoping the font would look nicer (i swear it did on the program! lol) as I made it custom in fontforge (basically a photoshop for fonts) - I think given the fact I'm not too great at it I'll start looking for some open source fonts (from DaFonts or something) and just use that until I can figure out how to work the program to it's full potential. I will definitely play around with some fonts and see what fits nicely, thanks for the feedback! 

Would I be able to change the font myself real quick? What folder & file do I need to edit? (EDIT: the font is also on the move names too).

Edited by NickLetts
2 hours ago, NickLetts said:

Would I be able to change the font myself real quick? What folder & file do I need to edit? (EDIT: the font is also on the move names too).

The easiest way would be to find a font you like  (on DaFonts for example) and rename it "smog" after you've placed it in the right folder. 

(PokeMMO/data/themes/simplesmog/res/fonts) - otherwise you'd have to do a search in all the (.xml) files (opened in a program like notepad++) and change each "smog" font to the name of the font you'd like, the first option definitely easier! 

Hopefully that was an easy enough explanation, enjoy! 

Edit: I should also note that if you're comfortable enough opening up the .xml files, doing a search of all within notepad++ (ctrl+f, search all open documents) for "smog" you'll be able to recolor the text (with html color codes) and realign or center certain texts if you'd like. 

Edited by Justehn
19 hours ago, NickLetts said:

Thanks! So, just had one other suggestion :)

I noticed on the PokeDex, it's very hard to tell which Pokemon I've caught with my OT or are counted as "not actually caught" with your OT and the asterisk (OT*). 

No worries, hope you found a font you like! As for the OT/*OT issue within the Dex I've put that on my list of things to-do and it'll go into the next update which will probably be 1 of 2 before I can say it's a "final" release. 

Edit:

Spoiler

Though I've not updated the download link yet (as there's still some left to do before v1.1) - here's some changes I've made so far. 

The download link has been updated to v1.05, the images shown in the media section show some more up-to-date interfaces - still more to be done though!

Finished Recoloring the battle screen (majority anyways - looking into changing the color of held item icon, status ailments, and move effectiveness), also note the new (more readable) font!

A5A5Cz8.png

Changed the Pokedex to be more clear (whether you've got the OT ("OT"), Previously Owned/Not OT ("X"). Before v1.1 I would like to look at changing the progress bar progress colors (white, blue, green, into various shades of the respective theme). Initially I would have liked to change progress bars for all things (battle wise specifically - but it seems to interfere with important mods like the encounter counter). 

SEUYuNF.png

Again I would appreciate any feedback from people who have used the theme - especially if you've run into any "wonky" interfaces or mismatched colors.

Thank you!

Edited by Justehn
On 7/1/2020 at 4:24 PM, LaBarrita said:

Hello, I would like to make a recommendation, the color of the battle bar is too intense, I recommend something more transparent, there are many pokemon that are not seen in battle due to this. Thank you

I totally see what you mean!

I've added this to my to-do list, thank you for the feedback! 

Edit (1):

vMOsGGy.png

Hopefully this is better, I've updated the link with this change in mind, other minor changes have been made but nothing worth listing out!

Edit (2): Also a new skin is coming in the next week - just finishing off some odds and ends which will be (sometime) after the holiday! 

Edited by Justehn