Detailed Route Spawn/Encounter Rates

Kinda surprised I couldn't find anything on this being maintained.

Kanto Fall Spreadsheet (Google Docs) (Rts 1, 2, 5, 22)

Fully Open, Editable Kanto Fall Spreadsheet (Google Docs) (For the people. Request backups, make your own, or rely on my fickle actions. Template is last sheet)

I've thrown out a lot of data, because I realized that it's 30 in-game minutes past the last morning/day/night switchover. I also multitask while I play, so it's quite possible I made a mistake and tallied a pidgey or the like at night instead of day. 100% accuracy is wonderful, but we're all human.

You might note the formulas are basic, 3/5 horde encounters are weighted the same as single poke encounters. This makes sense to me, since you can only catch 1 from a 3/5 group, but I'd like to hear opinions on this.

Please post any info you record like this, I'll integrate it as soon as I can. If you don't like working in Google Sheets, I'll take raw data in whatever format.

Any suggestions on improving clarity, ease of use, and general QoL changes would be extremely appreciated!

Edited by VelenoViridian
Updated routes

Sorry about that! Forgot to change the sharing permissions on the new sheet. This project started at the end of in-game summer. (6/2020)

Right now, I've got decent data for routes 1, 2, 5, and 22.

You might notice I include "evening" as a time period. Short story long, a few days ago, when the servers were acting up, I *think* I hovered over the clock and it showed "evening". I had never heard of evening being part of the game prior to this. I did a little searching, but I could only find these patch notes mentioning evening as a period of time. I assume that, if I wasn't just too dang drowzy, that the servers having difficulties might have been related. I also figure it could have been a superficial error. At any rate, my sample size I shoot for is 100, which is pretty rough, but I wanted to go ahead and put in a little extra effort and double check. Honestly, I'm really excited to see how other routes pan out because from rt 1 alone, sentrets made up 11/100 during day hours and 23/100 during evening hours. Very likely just RNG combining with the small sample size, as I highly doubt there is a hidden 4th time period.

I also restarted the project to make sure all the data I collected was during unmodified weather, which is probably unnecessary. I've got a little extra general info that Rache was very kind to provide me with, which I intend to incorporate into the OP when I get around to it.

E: Whoa, Rt3 for sure has "evening" show up when I hover over the clock. Took this screenshot a minute ago.

Good EVENING.png

Edited by VelenoViridian