July-Movement Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Do people run hp grass over leaf storm? That’s the most mmo thing I’ve ever heard 

I think he meant for Rotom-Heat since that's what is on most screen teams.

Edited by NikhilR
17 hours ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

bruh ._.

So tell me how to stop this things without lose many pokemon.

Gatrodon was the best counter of this shits, but now ;-; to kill a belly drum azuma you may lost 2-3 pokemon

BRUH since when was Gastrodon an Azumarill counter or even any belly drum user for that matter? Did I miss something big? Pretty sure 50 speed is faster than 39 speed unless..? 

Edited by Catman16
some people talk like they never played UU before omfg
8 minutes ago, Catman16 said:

BRUH since when was Gastrodon an Azumarill counter or even any belly drum user for that matter? Did I miss something big? Pretty sure 50 speed is faster than 39 speed unless..? 

Jellicent f*cks Azumarill, Slowbro f*cks Azumarill, Mow offensively checks Azumarill. Stop complaining about belly drum lmao we had counters to belly drum before Gastrodon existed in Pokemmo, maybe if you were talking about screen team bdrum then maybe it's a bit annoying but you can definitely play around it. 

• Munya unfeatured this topic

i don't even comment about absol , just that thing is so idiotic, id just think  since only some of sia members are active as tc they are doing whatever they want and what they like unfair af also there are even inactive tc, and munya seems like to no give a F to that thing... ok, it's true i don't know how does work tc stuff, just congratz to who let  the 2 sia tc doing whatever good, job, see ya in august tier change might we will see new idiotic stuff

sorry my bad english 

18 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

i don't even comment about absol , just that thing is so idiotic, id just think  since only some of sia members are active as tc they are doing whatever they want and what they like unfair af also there are even inactive tc, and munya seems like to no give a F to that thing... ok, it's true i don't know how does work tc stuff, just congratz to who let  the 2 sia tc doing whatever good, job, see ya in august tier change might we will see new idiotic stuff

sorry my bad english 

Garchomp thonking

Edited by gbwead
10 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

banning garchomp would be a definitive idiotic stuff, you just want ban it cause you guys want to make every tiers possibly stallish like especially the ou

Why is Garchomp more problematic for offense than stall then?

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

No one can handle it. That's why noobs like this mon, it puts everyone on the same level.

Garchomp is surely an S-rank mon and the first pokemon in MMO which has topped Scizor's usage in OU, but I would never see it as Uber. It isn't a mon that is completely flawless and it cannot be classified as offensive uber.

Offensive uber is something that can straight away destroy an entire metagame or with very little effort, are very difficult to revenge/ force out or check and it's counters are limited to some very, very uncommon or niche mons (wild example: if we would have a Donphan rampage in OU and it's only reliable counter would be Eviolite Tangela, which is untiered).

Good example of uber from our old times was a DD Tyranitar which after one DD was capable of outspeeding almost entire metagame (remember, we did not have choice scarf back then) and then sweeping through pretty much everything with it's EQ/ Rock Slide. We were forced to reach for really niche counters such as Hitmontop to actually beat it and it's usage was alarming at that point as well- Chomp's usage is not alarming at all, for now. LC has some ridiculous usage for months and you as TC don't give a single fuck about it.

SD Garchomp can get walled by Skarm and phazed out by it, depending on it's item it can get forced out by flame orb Milotic, Mandibuzz can deal with it as well (unless it has both life orb and stone edge). Hippowdon can phaze it out or deal lots of damage with ice fang and that's all from defensive side, Pory2 can tank even +2 EQ and retaliate with Ice Beam for a shitton of damage or outright KO. Against offense SD Chomp is pretty bad as it won't have room to setup SD and it has a really bad matchup against incredibly common OU team archetype- rain.

Mixed chomp gets walled by again, Pory, Mandibuzz, Reuni, blobs, Umbreon and god knows how many more.

Scarf/ Band aren't as threatening in my eyes and I doubt you'd see them as the most dangerous as well.

Sure, Garchomp's counters depend on it's set- but that's the deal with every pokemon. Dragonite's counters also depend on it's moveset- you won't try to wall a Dragonite with Hippowdon, as you can get completely raped by Hurricane. You won't send out your Rocky Helmet Gliscor against an Infernape which can be mixed as well.

Now, Garchomp has it's Stealth Rock resistance but it takes full damage from Spikes, it's suspectible to Toxic Spikes and every form of status. It takes a lot of damage from all of tier's priority users and even gets KOd by quite uncommon Mamoswine or Weavile (they are still there, though).

tl;dr

There are defensive options, we got offensive options, chomp has a bad matchup against most common team archetype in OU. Pls stop putting Chomp into every single post you make, I don't think you realise you're getting the opposite effect to the one you're aiming at. Also keep in mind that you are literally only person who keeps complaining about Chomp and you're incredibly closed for all arguments presented by everyone else, as if you're locked into your opinion and that's it. Open your mind a little and think it over.

I'll be happy to tell you how I was building my teams and i never had any issues with Garchomp if you'd like to hear out some ideas which will maybe change your mind.

I was starting to reply, but then I realised that I already addressed all of this and people still believe for some reason that Skarmory, Milotic Flame Orb and Regular Porygon2 actually can be considered as counters when they all lose versus the same Garchomp set...

Here is a link to my old post:

Obviously, no one wants to read all of that, so just use CTRL+F if you want to know my opinion regarding a certain Garchomp counter or check. 

38 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Offensive uber is something that can straight away destroy an entire metagame or with very little effort, are very difficult to revenge/ force out or check and it's counters are limited to some very, very uncommon or niche mons (wild example: if we would have a Donphan rampage in OU and it's only reliable counter would be Eviolite Tangela, which is untiered).

If Donphan was dominating UU, then Tangela would obviously go up to UU as well. Would that make Donphan any less of an uber mon? It would still be Uber. This is what is happening right now in OU with Mandibuzz and Umbreon. After 6 struggling months, these mons have finally been able to go over the 4.36% cut-off point because they are simply not good enough to stay OU if Garchomp wasn't there. Suigin, if you read this, please don't make another terrible Conkeldurr/Cofagrigus analogy. 

Edited by gbwead
42 minutes ago, pachima said:

I don't mean to spice things, and I won't go as far as claiming chomp is banworthy, but claiming there are counters for that thing, let alone "plenty" is just plain absurd lol.

I did not state- even once- in my entire post, that Chomp has "plenty" of counters. Pls Pachi don't put words I didn't say into my mouth.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.