July-Movement Discussion Thread

Just now, gbwead said:

There is no Scrafty.

There should be scrafty, given that azu and linoone lure in different walls, scrafty lures in walls that linoone or azumarill want gone.. but my initial opinion remains, there are ways, enough ways to stop the team while making a viable, at least decent team yourself that could stand its ground vs many different matchups

Just now, Umbramol said:

There should be scrafty, given that azu and linoone lure in different walls, scrafty lures in walls that linoone or azumarill want gone.. but my initial opinion remains, there are ways, enough ways to stop the team while making a viable, at least decent team yourself that could stand its ground vs many different matchups

There are only 6 mons in that team...

25 minutes ago, pachima said:

what I gathered from all of this is that Nik has a hard time understanding "or" conditions.

My last post, I swear.

How about you stop ignoring my request of you supplying the teams to me instead of simply spouting claims without anything to support your dumbass argument?

Just now, NikhilR said:

Right, but there's no way for you you to know which 6 is there.  

Yes, there is teampreview. I'm not going to set up empoleon agility if i see a scrafty.

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

Yes, there is teampreview. I'm not going to set up empoleon agility if i see a scrafty.

I edited my post earlier for further clarification.

EDIT:

Okay, so if opposing user has Scrafty, and Rotom locks into Overheat, what are you then going to run to set up vs Rotom-Heat that would then sweep the screens team?

Edited by NikhilR
3 hours ago, pachima said:

By the way, before people start shifting their focus from Azumarill to Linoone, only because they realized in this thread that there are more mons than only UU in UU, let me elaborate a list of those who can stop a drummed linoone UNDER SCREENS.

- Durant

-Metagross 

-Forretress

-Porygon2

-Torkoal*

-Gligar

-Steelix

-Spiritomb

-Magneton *

-Mismagius *

- Aggron

Gimmicks/Not that viable, but that are worth a mention.

-Armaldo

-Mawile

-Bastiodon

-Rotom normal *

-Crustle *

-Escavalier

* Are mons that can, in fact, beat linoone, but are reliant or rolls, item, whatever.

2 hours ago, pachima said:

Hitmonlee have limber brick breaks.

Whimsicott is faster than trode while taunting/defogging

Mamoswine can have a free rocks or sub. It can also whirlwind.

Protect can stall turns

Fake out can stall turns

A scarf can ohko electrode before it moves.

Dugtrio will be able to trap electrode and stall turns at the same time.

Frost breath is a thing. Storm throw is another thing. Any phazing works too. (And some arent tauntable)

The strategy is good, it sure is annoying, but broken? Not really. The same can be done with screens and belly drummers in NU, and trust me there are better bdrummers there. 

Also take in mind that trode + belly drummers were in this game for years before some smart guy decided to inovate and use them in UU. This is how mmo teambuilding works. One day or another ppl will find another "broken" annoying stuff and people will complain. IF this was that broken, it would be spammed day 1 or 2 and not years later.

Build me 3 teams with these mons / strategies you've suggested, and I will try them out in the Monday official.  If you can't do that, then I'm going to presume you're full of shit because this is nothing but theorymon.

3 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

I edited my post earlier for further clarification.

EDIT:

Okay, so if opposing user has Scrafty, and Rotom locks into Overheat, what are you then going to run to set up vs Rotom-Heat that would then sweep the screens team?

Scrafty instead of which pokemon?

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Build me 3 teams with these mons / strategies you've suggested, and I will try them out in the Monday official.  If you can't do that, then I'm going to presume you're full of shit because this is nothing but theorymon.

And why would I build 3 teams for someone else other than me, who to top it off, disbelieves of my ideas?

And why in hell you can't build your own teams?

I don't care if you say I'm full of shit. I won't do the whole effort of building you 3 teams just because you don't want to have effort at all.

2 minutes ago, pachima said:

And why would I build 3 teams for someone else other than me, who to top it off, disbelieves of my ideas?

And why in hell you can't build your own teams?

I don't care if you say I'm full of shit. I won't do the whole effort of building you 3 teams just because you don't want to have effort at all.

It's because I disbelieve your ideas I would like you to prove me wrong in practice.  I have no qualms with admitting when I'm wrong, but that's not the case for you.  Either you play the UU official or let me play it with your ideas / strats, because I can also make unfounded claims about a certain mon / strategy not being broken.

I will take the effort of playing the official, and with the amount of time you spend online ingame or playing MM, you can surely build a couple of teams.  You just won't do it because you'll get called out on the bullshit you spout.  I have tried beating such strategies and it's because I've failed I've come to the opinion that this strategy is too good; it's not because I'm lazy or don't want to put effort at all, because I did try.  If you don't care about me saying you're full of shit, then so be it because so far that's what it is.

2 minutes ago, pachima said:

And zangoose, weavile, kabutops, flygon, another scrafty,  and probs more from NU.

Whiscash DD would even be able to set up directly against Electrode since Electrode can't taunt it.

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

Whiscash DD would even be able to set up directly against Electrode since Electrode can't taunt it.

Whiscash would still hit like a girl under reflect, and loses to a bellydrummer. 

3 minutes ago, pachima said:

And zangoose, weavile, kabutops, flygon, another scrafty,  and probs more from NU.

I was thinking of using Metapod with Iron Defense, you think it can work against Bellydrumers?

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I don't have a whiscash so idk how it would be able to handle that team, but perhaps with sub it can stall out the reflect turns.

You'd have to play well with it because there are 50/50s you need to win.  Let's say you sub vs an azumarill that bellydrummed.  In order to stall out reflect, you will most likely sub again, but it can waterfall that turn, break sub, and then use Aqua Jet the next turn.  

Just now, pachima said:

For real? Whether screen teams with electrode is banworthy

For fun? That rotom-mow isnt a reliable azumarill counter because leaf storm fails.

People do know, that Whimsi has taunt, defog and encore? And that defog removes enemy screens, right?

33 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

You'd have to play well with it because there are 50/50s you need to win.  Let's say you sub vs an azumarill that bellydrummed.  In order to stall out reflect, you will most likely sub again, but it can waterfall that turn, break sub, and then use Aqua Jet the next turn.  

Actually, Rindo Berry Natural Gift might not be bad on Whiscash. It allows you to live some nasty HP grass from Rotom and also prevent Azumarill from setting up.

32 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Actually, Rindo Berry Natural Gift might not be bad on Whiscash. It allows you to live some nasty HP grass from Rotom and also prevent Azumarill from setting up.

Do people run hp grass over leaf storm? That’s the most mmo thing I’ve ever heard 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.