July-Movement Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, urquidi said:

I think that the real problem is not finding a team that can stop it, but that you are not going to take that team in all duels and if you take it you look weak to other teams and if you do not take it and juato the rival takes that set no you have to stop it

No. Its not a team that can stop it. Its a single mon that can pretty much stop that team (ofc I dont mean 6-0ing). 

And i'm not counting gimmick stuff. 

Tldr; make yourself stare at that team for a while. Its hilarious how many weaknesses it possess. 

Obviously, it's not a bad team, otherwise people wouldn't spam it. But I see people complaining about that team just because they are too lazy to actually think for themselves, and that is both sad and bad. 

1 hour ago, pachima said:

I legit took my time to look for exploits. And I found at least 5 viable stuff that completely ruin that whole team.

No. Its not a team that can stop it. Its a single mon that can pretty much stop that team (ofc I dont mean 6-0ing). 

And i'm not counting gimmick stuff. 

Tldr; make yourself stare at that team for a while. Its hilarious how many weaknesses it possess. 

Obviously, it's not a bad team, otherwise people wouldn't spam it. But I see people complaining about that team just because they are too lazy to actually think for themselves, and that is both sad and bad. 

Maybe there are checks for this team (krokodile, haze/clearsmog users, foulplayers and others) but in the practice doesnt work at all, yeah u can still win against it but its the classic team that u dont need to be skillful to win, u can see the potential of this team in the last uu tourneys and wc event, where ppl won spam it in each round, I think that this team is like dray rain team in ou and where wobbu was banned and ludi moved up to ou.

My point is only discuss it, I dont think that its a 10/10 and guaranteed win all the matches, but yes its stronger and should be nerfed

24 minutes ago, Sebat said:

Maybe there are checks for this team (krokodile, haze/clearsmog users, foulplayers and others) but in the practice doesnt work at all, yeah u can still win against it but its the classic team that u dont need to be skillful to win, u can see the potential of this team in the last uu tourneys and wc event, where ppl won spam it in each round, I think that this team is like dray rain team in ou and where wobbu was banned and ludi moved up to ou.

My point is only discuss it, I dont think that its a 10/10 and guaranteed win all the matches, but yes its stronger and should be nerfed

Dray's team was strong cuz it relied on a broken mon to abuse in the form of wobbuffet, which is in a completely different level of whatever that set up team has to offer.

And no I can't rly see the potential of that team at all. It's a super reactive team that heavily relies on what the opposing player does. Any decent player that knows how to play shouldn't have troubles with that team in particular. Granted it can sweep everyone, but so can many other teams, without risking being completely helpless on the defensive side.

Edit: Mandibuzz gone makes azumarill stronger, and while I agree azumarill by itself can become problematic, thats an azumarill problem, not that 6-team problem. And even then azuma still suffers from 4mss.

Edited by pachima

I agree with Sebat, these screens teams or just a combination of these set-up mons without screens is quite hard to beat.  There are way too many variants depending on the kind of mons that set up (Scrafty / Veno / Linoone / Azumarill) and within Venomoth itself there is so much variety because while QD + Buz Buzz are mandatory, the remaining can be Sub / Psychic / Disable / Roost / Sleep Powder.  I don't think most teams are capable of handling such an overload of set-up mons, because if you try to counter one mon, then it gives room for another to quickly grab momentum.  I've run Scarf Rock Blast Heracross for such Venomoths only to then run into a Sleep Powder / Psychic Venomoth.  In another instance I've run Brick Break Hitmontop to break screens vs Electrode, only to then have Venomoth quickly come in and regain momentum.  It's just pathetic to play against those teams and it's come to a point where you can mindlessly wield a variant of the 6, that Sebat mentioned, and win because the odds are stacked in your favor.  You also don't have the necessary tools in the tier that could actually remedy this issue, and It's because of how stupid this strategy is that I've not touched the tier in a long time.

Edit: Mandibuzz gone makes azumarill stronger, and while I agree azumarill by itself can become problematic, thats an azumarill problem, not that 6-team problem. And even then azuma still suffers from 4mss.

Mandibuzz gone does make that team stronger overall, since it can also counter scrafty, linoone and venomoth depending on the set.

Edited by Moi
1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

We could really use Unaware in UU, y'know devs...

There's a point, electrode doenst get acess to both screens untill gen 7. He is the best dual screemer of the game, and have acess to full power due to gen mechanics shenanigans. Isnt op, but just encourage people to running those H.O. teams due the relatively lower effort to makes decisions, as we dont have acess to strong unaware walls like Quagsire and Clefable yet.

I'm blushing.. but yea there are a handful of ways to stop the team.. the thing is that these 6 pokemons alone aren't a problem, its the combination of screens and overload of setting up. So its not like something can be done about it. To be fair though the team has seen much usage indeed but only a few players had success with it in big occasions and those are the players who would succeed with any other team.. i too agree the team doesn't require much "skill" but you would be surprised of how poorly it has been used. I get more annoyed seeing people not being able to find ways to answer it than the actual spam.. 

1 hour ago, Umbramol said:

Me sonrojo ... pero sí, hay varias maneras de detener al equipo ... es que estos 6 pokemons solos no son un problema, es la combinación de pantallas y la sobrecarga de configuración. Por lo tanto, no es que se pueda hacer algo al respecto. Para ser justos, aunque el equipo ha visto mucho uso, pero solo unos pocos jugadores tuvieron éxito con él en grandes ocasiones y esos son los jugadores que tendrían éxito con cualquier otro equipo ... También estoy de acuerdo en que el equipo no requiere mucha "habilidad" pero te sorprenderías de lo mal que se ha usado. Me molesta más ver que la gente no puede encontrar formas de responderla que el spam real. 

although perhaps it has not been seen that the use of that equipment has led to several battles where the championship is at stake is because there is a scout to stop it but if you face him in a 1st round or in a team tournament psl or wc It is very difficult to beat it because you do not have the necessary counter

7 minutes ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

bruh ._.

So tell me how to stop this things without lose many pokemon.

Gatrodon was the best counter of this shits, but now ;-; to kill a belly drum azuma you may lost 2-3 pokemon

Yeah their response was ruder than warranted, people like being rude for some reason I apologise for them. There are still a few mons that can help you stop bdrum azu, something that jumps right into my mind would be jellicent  (Water absorb for Azu's stab and immune to return/superpower) I think if theres a discussion about bdrum in UU the biggest abuser most people would have issues with would be linoone. But, as has been said on this thread already, it alone isnt broken and can  be handled. That all being said, I would like to see some sort of discussion regarding the screen teams, whilst yes it can be handled, it still feels like I have to restrict my team builds so that I don't get swept by a rogue bdrummer or one of the 50 venomoth sets. I dunno if thats really a reason to ban it or whatever, but I am fairly tired of watching no skill teams have such a heavy pay off.

13 minutes ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

bruh ._.

So tell me how to stop this things without lose many pokemon.

Gatrodon was the best counter of this shits, but now ;-; to kill a belly drum azuma you may lost 2-3 pokemon

Gastrodon was never a counter to Azumarill since Gastrodon gets OHKO by Return. If you want to counter/check Azumarill, run stuff like Rotom-Mow, Toxicroak, Leafeon, Jellicent with Protect, Ludicolo, Venusaur, Defensive Roserade, Full Speed Abomasnow, Victreebel, Exeggutor, Whimsicott, Offensive Vaporeon, Ferroseed, fast and bulky Porygon2, etc. There are just way too many answers. 

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Rotom-Mow

OHKO by return if it miss leaf storm._.

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Porygon2

superpower (azuma with some speed)

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Ferroseed

superpower

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Vaporeon

return/superpoower

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Ludicolo

with speed can be a problem to azuma

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Offensive Vaporeon

._. wut?

Edited by PedroLindoUnico
17 minutes ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

OHKO by return if it miss leaf storm._.

superpower (azuma with some speed)

superpower

return/superpoower

with speed can be a problem to azuma

._. wut?

well depend on rotom set, doesnt need to use leaf storm when rotom can tbolt his face

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.