Sign in to follow this  
NickLetts

Hover over a friend's name and have a pop-up appear showing where they're at

Question

Posted (edited)

This would be great to have so people don't have to ask "where you at?" everytime they want to meet up with a friend. Could also add a toggle button for privacy to not allow their location to be seen.

Hover-over pop-up example:

"Kanto Region

Route 16"

Edited by NickLetts

8 answers to this question

It'll help android Players to meet chinese players(and opposite) for deals.

+1 from me.

Good Luck Ahead^^

I really would appreciate this. An optional toggle for privacy would let people still participate in hide/seek. Shouldn't be hard to integrate if they decide to go through the effort of adding a /who system.

Just going to point out you can actually do that if they have discord running. Check their profile while they’re playing and normally you can see it. 
unless there is another background program running like Spotify. ^^
nice suggestion though. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's a good idea. I mean, everyone is entitled to their privacy. 

I don't like the idea that someone will always know where I am. Plus events like hide and seek will no longer be possible unless you want to go through the hassle of unfriending and friending all the time. 

Edit: Adding a privacy option does sound like a good idea, but I'm skeptical on whether people would actually use the feature often. 

Edited by EricRasp

I really like this idea. It gives a bit more of a use for friending people; and with the addition of a privacy option, it will enable people to play by their own preference. I think additionally it should be automatically enabled that it doesn't tell other players where they are, and that they should have to enable it first. This way, people who like Eric said previously are uncomfortable with their location being blasted out to their friends at their friends leisure won't have to all go in and change the setting and rather, should enable it as they would see fit.

On 7/2/2020 at 2:03 AM, Kole said:

It would probably destroy hide and seek events :P

having the option to turn on or off would be neat