Doubles Team Building Frameworks [Obsolete]

On 8/12/2020 at 6:38 PM, OrangeManiac said:

Surprised rain players seemed free wins, I feel like it's a team that is very easy to autopilot. But fair enough.

I think it's mostly because it probably has the lowest barrier to entry out of all archetypes and because the way it plays looks fairly straight forward it attracts a lot of the newer players. I think most of the easiest wins I've had so far have been vs rain teams. This probably makes rain a lot harder to gauge for me because while on paper it's a fairly strong team I have a really hard time ranking it highly.

I agree with most of what imabe said. I think topmoth is still workable though and should remain tier 4. It struggles a lot in our meta with it's main spread move being resisted by both of the setup sweepers on the most common team (4x by kingdra, 2x by chomp) and is having a fairly hard time vs other teams since pretty much every TR team shuts it down with chandelure. But i still think that volca has some clearly defined strengths which shouldn't be overlooked completely, it just needs a lot of support and a more creative team build to really shine.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

Yes. Rakhmaninov just seems to be inactive now considering he hasn't contributed to the viability thread either.

This is such a cool thread though, if he doesn't come back someone else could take this over.

Yeah, I think he will be back soon tho.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tesko said:

So... Garchomp is not used anymore? I just realized it no longer can learn Swords Dance... and already bred one :(

Garchomp is still used, just not as great as it was before.

Personally I've seen sets with Dragon Rush + Hone Claws; also LO Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Protect, Draco Meteor/Rock Slide/Fire Fang. It's just not as easy to spam as it was before,partially because the meta is dominated by Rain and some fast support Pokémon like Mienshao/Crobat/Whimsicott or SemiTrickRoom teams; and the kind of team that benefited SD Chomp the most (Togekiss/Blastoise/Critdra) is not as common now. However it's still the fastest dragon type outside of rain and has a high attacking stat, it just needs more support than before.

• Rakhmaninov changed the title to Doubles Team Building Frameworks [Obsolete]