World Cup 3: Individual player prizes

28 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

This actually is complaining my dude. "oh wow hosts didn't acknowledge that there's someone else who is 5-0" is pretty much complaining about, well, what? You seek justice for your friend or what? You think we will change our decision?

The fact that someone isn't mentioned isn't disrespect or lack of acknowledgment so stop throwing wild accusations. In my eyes you're just one of many people who can't resist to take a jab at hosts for whatever reason they find.

The decision was made by us and we are not changing it. Hannah deserved this award in our eyes.

I meant im not complaining just for the sake of it, its not like I win anything arguing with you lol. I know you won't change shit.

Ok, you knew guillex was 5-0. So, why you didn't even mention him? is there a clear reason why Zigh had a better season that i'm not seeing?

You think hannah deserved it over kirito, who had a better score, fine. Explain why, its the only thing i'm asking to

46 minutes ago, Moi said:

isnt this award given to the best player in his debut season? because if that's the case, this is 1st kirito world cup, and he has a better score than hannah.

Answer the question

Edited by Moi
19 minutes ago, Moi said:

I meant im not complaining just for the sake of it, its not like I win anything arguing with you lol. I know you won't change shit.

Ok, you knew guillex was 5-0. So, why you didn't even mention him? is there a clear reason why Zigh had a better season that i'm not seeing?

You think hannah deserved it over kirito, who had a better score, fine. Explain why, its the only thing i'm asking to

Answer the question

Breakout doesn't refer to debut season but rather someone "unknown" showing up and performing super well. Let's think about it: Would you hand Frags the breakout player if he never compete in a WC and then played in WC3 going 6-0? No since you know frags is a fucking beast. Breakout player awards are for players who were unexpectedly good and on that messure Hannahs 4-0 (Edit: in LC and 5-1 overall) tops Kiritos 5-0 imo (and a lot of other people opinion as well I suppose).

Edited by CHUCKunso
4 minutes ago, CHUCKunso said:

Breakout doesn't refer to debut season but rather someone "unknown" showing up and performing super well. Let's think about it: Would you hand Frags the breakout player if he never compete in a WC and then played in WC3 going 6-0? No since you know frags is a fucking beast. Breakout player awards are for players who were unexpectedly good and on that messure Hannahs 4-0 (Edit: in LC and 5-1 overall) tops Kiritos 5-0 imo (and a lot of other people opinion as well I suppose).

I was told by a lot of people that it was about best debut. You have a point, that's for sure, I just wanted the host to clarify it instead of getting defensive

5 hours ago, Moi said:

isnt this award given to the best player in his debut season? because if that's the case, this is 1st kirito world cup, and he has a better score than hannah.

Yeah kind of. But I believe the "debut" considers not only world cup but psl aswell, in which case kirito wouldn't be a rookie.

30 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Yeah kind of. But I believe the "debut" considers not only world cup but psl aswell, in which case kirito wouldn't be a rookie.

Well, I don't think this is the first time hannah plays psl or wc either, correct me if i'm wrong.

29 minutes ago, iJulian said:

Because Zigh > Guillex. Lol.

As a player in general, sure, but I don't see how that gives him more credits. Guillex carried our team in a format that isn't even his favorite, but we didn't have another player willing to play dubs. Anyway, I wasn't trying to say Zigh doesn't deserve the award, what bothers me is that I feel Guille wasn't even considered

14 minutes ago, JorgeFirebolt said:

It has been the first time for a lot of people to be honest, but yeh, well perfomed hannah and GG! Well deserved :)

First world cup yeah, but most of the ppl who did good have played psl before.

I also agree with @CHUCKunso's definition. I mean, technically (correct me if im wrong) this would be LLiolaes' first time playing a pokemmo event, he went 6-0. Should he be breakout? Should anyone be surprised that an accoladed smogon player went undefeated in his main tier against mmo people that barely know what they are doing when playing showdown? hell no.

MullenYu went 5-1. Suppose for a second that he went 6-0. would he qualify as breakout because this is his first world cup even tho he was already known as China's best player?  I wouldnt think so.

Edited by iJulian

oof Since im being quoted I will say some words

First congratulations to Ziggs and all the players that got awards, you all did god efforts to diserve it and I hope you all the best.

2 hours ago, iJulian said:

Because Zigh > Guillex. Lol.

About this, you opinion is acceptable, actually he is a great player and I dont claim to be best than him or anyone else. I'm not the average EGO player of this game, and Im sure everyone that has been in touch with me can confirm I have a very sporty and good spirit.

Finally the best thing that I got from this tour was the fact that I meet some awesome dudes in Venezuela team and good Friends from now Tmoi, Ljovi, Wolf, Frankiel and Zac who invite me to participe and I know him from long time ago.

Finally Thanks to all my oponents of this tour Xsparkie, Bfu, Kanzo, Edryan and InuyashaL.

Thank you all peace and love

Edited by guilleex
6 minutes ago, Zigh said:

Since we both got a 5-0 score I would be fine with a bo3 between us to decide the title, or just give it to him. 

The banner wont go to my sig, so I don't really care

Thanks for that but I dont think that necesary, since this is a Reward which is give from the host and their personal and objective perspective It's fine if they chose whoever they want for whatever reason. Players with same score happened in other tiers and that got fixed. Criterias are subjective and that understandeble at least for me.

No problem for the Banner too, I barely use this forum lol 

The deadline for Captain's votes has passed yesterday. From all the votes I have received, the MVP of this season has been chosen and it's...

@iJulian iJulianFNT.

And he's probably the most deserving person for this title. Having played in 3 different tiers (NU, SMOU and Doubles) and maintaining his undefeated status, proving that he can fill any spot for his team and bring the win, Julian has earned his (another one) MVP title through the votes of captains.

As the MVP title is the most valuable (heh), the reward for this title is 3.000.000 yen.

Congratulations, Julian!

Huge shoutout to other nominated people, namely:

@MullenYu

@Sashaolin

@Baneadito

KiritoX (I don't know which forum account is yours, sorry :( )

@SweeTforU

@LLLiolae

@DarylDixon

All of you had (some of you still have!) a great season, please continue to entertain us with your games! :)

Thanks to Captains for votes, MM for donating the $ for the prizes.

Sigs as soon as I will find someone who would sacrifice his/ her time to make them in exchange for slavery

Edited by RysPicz
On 6/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, RysPicz said:

@guilleex

Just because of your sportsmanship and competitive spirit, I will prepare a special prize just for you. And no, it won't be a 6x0 Garchomp named gbwead

6x0 hitmontop instead could be an excellente prize. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Does he even play this game? 

Not sure but hes unactive and can't mail him.

So he might not even play. But gotta make sure he gets his prize somehow 

Edited by MathewMat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.