GEN 8 STYLE THEME + MODS - (WIP) android/pc support

Just now, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

Oh I see what you mean. I specifically made the box that you’re currently on white so that it would stand out and you’d know which box you’re on as opposed to the others that stay greyed out until you select that box 

Yes, the currently selected box is very clear. But it would be nice if the others were a bit clearer too.

1 minute ago, Lunaryk said:

Yes, the currently selected box is very clear. But it would be nice if the others were a bit clearer too.

That’s the point though. The others are greyed out bc that box isn’t currently being viewed. I don’t plan on changing that. Only the box open will be white and the others are greyed out bit still visible 

2 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

try it out i dont have a mac for testing

Well when I try to link the file for the client nothing will come up. I am not entirely sure how to install it since most of the other mods I have seen here are very simple just one file so it is easy to install I have no idea how to install the whole folder. But I will mess around and see if I can figure it out. Either way tho thanks for the hard work on the mod it looks really cool.

so It was a pain in the ass to find the folders on mac because they like to hide them but I managed to find them so I simply just drag them into the themes or mods folders respectively. I tried that but nothing happened. Do I need to import them as well or are they supposed to work automatically? Do I need to replace any existing folders to get them to activate? Sorry I am new to modding 

I figured it out for some reason they did not want to load the mods in the mod management all I had to do was drag them out of the folder and back in go figure why that made them register and so far they all look great. The only issue seems to be the mouse not working in battles and the resolution needing to be readjusted but yes it works on mac thanks for the mod bro

On 6/17/2020 at 8:33 PM, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

which font problems and for the battle buttons its bc you need to use the interface in 1.0 at 1080 minimum lmk if that helps at all. its best if used full screen too

what do you mean interface 1.0?

On 6/20/2020 at 12:22 AM, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

That’s the point though. The others are greyed out bc that box isn’t currently being viewed. I don’t plan on changing that. Only the box open will be white and the others are greyed out bit still visible 

The thing is, they aren't really visible :/ Why not make them all white with black background (like the current selected one), but make the selected one with a different background so it stands out while the other boxes are also very clear.

I'm finally back to give my full feedback. So let's get it started!

First, I'd like to thank you a lot for all the work and effort you did to make this package. Once finished, it will definitely be the best theme+mods for pokemmo. But currently, it have many issues (some which makes it unusable). I will try to go over everything your package have to offer even if it's already mentioned in the known issues and give a screenshot for each of it in order to be as complete as possible. You could say that I really love this mod and this is my way of contributing to it. I really hope it gets completed soon so I can start using it correctly.

Important notice: I play on computer and it's resolution is 1366x768.

1/ Text size:

• The text in the bubbles is very small and different from the default theme.
  • The name of some areas is cut if they are long enough

image.thumb.png.608cbdf1a2f539b2e3632a0db65f77b8.png

2/ Combat:

The text and battle interface are out of the screen. They are also not clickable by the mouse. This is definitely the top priority thing to fix as it makes the mod unusable for those with the same resolution (not everybody likes to change their settings just to make a theme work)

image.png.9f4897854452d20e9a1fc5a79515983c.png

3/ Pokemon Summary:

• The interface have some useless button that made me confused at first (Why can't I click on them? XD). So it would be nice to remove them to keep the UI cleaner.

image.png.74697bdf2fdfa5e01f50ad0285a9970d.png

• In case you didn't know, pokemons have some special effects on their summary depending on their type. But some of the backgrounds of your theme actually make them impossible to see (I gave an example with the electric type, but many types have this issue). The original theme you used also had this problem.

image.png.d89442ee31c48dad73a9005e264371f6.png

image.png.fd980ecd2971000bcf6e23c1ec20f831.png

4/ PC Storage:

The PC Storage is a very important part in the experience of Pokemmo (even more than other pokemon games) since it's where all your pokemons are stored (and you can get tons of them here since it's 4 games). It can quickly get filled and messy which makes clarify extremely important on it.

• I would love if the 3 areas I highlighted get removed as they don't serve any purpose and only make it seem like a copy of the console game. I hate how those are taking precious space that you could use to make the pokemons much bigger (like in the default theme).

image.png.2087da21e283c6ea1ff56d176fbd1de9.png

• The green area on the background also makes it hard to spot pokemons of certain colors (like green). I think removing the green area would help a lot.
  • As I mentioned before, the storage is a very important part of the pokemmo experience and one of it's key features is the search bar. It helps a lot to find a specific pokemon or for those that have a certain nature (which is important for breeding). The current search selection could definitely use some love and get clearer. It's even worst on the green area (look at the female Nidoran).

image.png.da272dbec5ebda717537841a010b8a83.png

5/ Trainer card:

In the screenshots you sent, your trainer card shows 6 pokemons at it's top right corner. I assumed those are the pokemons that you used to beat the elite 4. Nothing appears there for me even if I'm in a region where I already beat the Elite 4. Did I understand the feature wrong? How is it supposed to work?

image.png.651f81bb7597a28f255bec8fb6a9abed.png

6/ Item shortcuts/Hotkeys:

In the screenshot you sent, those have a blue background (like the menus while for me, they are half white half yellow. I would love if they were blue like your own screenshot.

image.png.62b7de01c4ddedc144a66aca2abb5987.png

7/ Pokedex:

I don't want to sound mean, but that kind of green on a black background really hurts the eyes especially since it's a long list of pokemons with small icons. It also seems out of place compared to the rest of the theme. It would be nice if you changed the colors to be more in line with the rest of the theme.

image.png.5c5d38f95cbad8583f107a041e622c49.png

8/ Informations about each mod:

It would be really nice if you wrote a short description of what each mod does and how is it different from the original one (if there is any difference)

•  Your list of features include "new GUI elements and features". What are those exactly?
  • Does the mod "SW/SH MAIN TITLES SCREEN / MUSIC (Place the zip folder in mods) PC ONLY" do anything beside changing the music in the title screen? If that's the case, couldn't you have included that in the "REMASTERED MUSIC" mod?
  • Are the "REMASTERED MUSIC" and "SW/SH + VERDEP MODELS" any different from the originals (you know, like the mod made by VERDEP)?

Hope that was helpful! And I really hope I didn't miss anything.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

image.png

Edited by Lunaryk
4 minutes ago, Lunaryk said:

The thing is, they aren't really visible :/ Why not make them all white with black background (like the current selected one), but make the selected one with a different background so it stands out while the other boxes are also very clear.

I'm finally back to give my full feedback. So let's get it started!

First, I'd like to thank you a lot for all the work and effort you did to make this package. Once finished, it will definitely be the best theme+mods for pokemmo. But currently, it have many issues (some which makes it unusable). I will try to go over everything your package have to offer even if it's already mentioned in the known issues and give a screenshot for each of it in order to be as complete as possible. You could say that I really love this mod and this is my way of contributing to it. I really hope it gets completed soon so I can start using it correctly.

Important notice: I play on computer and it's resolution is 1366x768.

1/ Text size:

• The text in the bubbles is very small and different from the default theme.
  • The name of some areas is cut if they are long enough

image.thumb.png.608cbdf1a2f539b2e3632a0db65f77b8.png

2/ Combat:

The text and battle interface are out of the screen. They are also not clickable by the mouse. This is definitely the top priority thing to fix as it makes the mod unusable for those with the same resolution (not everybody likes to change their settings just to make a theme work)

image.png.9f4897854452d20e9a1fc5a79515983c.png

3/ Pokemon Summary:

• The interface have some useless button that made me confused at first (Why can't I click on them? XD). So it would be nice to remove them to keep the UI cleaner.

image.png.74697bdf2fdfa5e01f50ad0285a9970d.png

• In case you didn't know, pokemons have some special effects on their summary depending on their type. But some of the backgrounds of your theme actually make them impossible to see (I gave an example with the electric type, but many types have this issue). The original theme you used also had this problem.

image.png.d89442ee31c48dad73a9005e264371f6.png

image.png.fd980ecd2971000bcf6e23c1ec20f831.png

4/ PC Storage:

The PC Storage is a very important part in the experience of Pokemmo (even more than other pokemon games) since it's where all your pokemons are stored (and you can get tons of them here since it's 4 games). It can quickly get filled and messy which makes clarify extremely important on it.

• I would love if the 3 areas I highlighted get removed as they don't serve any purpose and only make it seem like a copy of the console game. I hate how those are taking precious space that you could use to make the pokemons much bigger (like in the default theme).

image.png.2087da21e283c6ea1ff56d176fbd1de9.png

• The green area on the background also makes it hard to spot pokemons of certain colors (like green). I think removing the green area would help a lot.
  • As I mentioned before, the storage is a very important part of the pokemmo experience and one of it's key features is the search bar. It helps a lot to find a specific pokemon or for those that have a certain nature (which is important for breeding). The current search selection could definitely use some love and get clearer. It's even worst on the green area (look at the female Nidoran).

image.png.da272dbec5ebda717537841a010b8a83.png

5/ Trainer card:

In the screenshots you sent, your trainer card shows 6 pokemons at it's top right corner. I assumed those are the pokemons that you used to beat the elite 4. Nothing appears there for me even if I'm in a region where I already beat the Elite 4. Did I understand the feature wrong? How is it supposed to work?

image.png.651f81bb7597a28f255bec8fb6a9abed.png

6/ Item shortcuts/Hotkeys:

In the screenshot you sent, those have a blue background (like the menus while for me, they are half white half yellow. I would love if they were blue like your own screenshot.

image.png.62b7de01c4ddedc144a66aca2abb5987.png

7/ Pokedex:

I don't want to sound mean, but that kind of green on a black background really hurts the eyes especially since it's a long list of pokemons with small icons. It also seems out of place compared to the rest of the theme. It would be nice if you changed the colors to be more in line with the rest of the theme.

image.png.5c5d38f95cbad8583f107a041e622c49.png

8/ Informations about each mod:

It would be really nice if you wrote a short description of what each mod does and how is it different from the original one (if there is any difference)

•  Your list of features include "new GUI elements and features". What are those exactly?
  • Does the mod "SW/SH MAIN TITLES SCREEN / MUSIC (Place the zip folder in mods) PC ONLY" do anything beside changing the music in the title screen? If that's the case, couldn't you have included that in the "REMASTERED MUSIC" mod?
  • Are the "REMASTERED MUSIC" and "SW/SH + VERDEP MODELS" any different from the originals (you know, like the mod made by VERDEP)?

Hope that was helpful! And I really hope I didn't miss anything.

I will be looking forward to your reply.

image.png

Alot to process here and some of the stuff im already in the process of addressing but thank you for bringing attention to everything love the support and also this is my first time tweaking a game and combining themes mods and making my own changed so honestly i dont know enough to fix everything like the clicking of battle interface but depending on resolution you can decrease battle interface size and use with a keyboard and mouse. do you have a discord. we can talk more about the theme

4 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

Alot to process here and some of the stuff im already in the process of addressing but thank you for bringing attention to everything love the support and also this is my first time tweaking a game and combining themes mods and making my own changed so honestly i dont know enough to fix everything like the clicking of battle interface but depending on resolution you can decrease battle interface size and use with a keyboard and mouse. do you have a discord. we can talk more about the theme

Yeah I do!

Edited by Lunaryk
On 6/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

THEME (Unzip the folder and place the folder in themes) PC ONLY

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_J0XGyAhR1OR2y2gup3QWxd4v_C0AJW3/view?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW/SH MAIN TITLES SCREEN / MUSIC (Place the zip folder in mods) PC ONLY

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M4ABKz5N1cCMm5wz7h5HM53m4zZCohz-/view?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW/SH STYLE PC/PARTY SPRITES (Place the zip folder in mods) PC/ANDROID

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16WRAfbT0rf0lpxZualmhi0e4eNFJS47t/view?usp=sharing

REMASTERED MUSIC (Place the zip folder in mods) ANDROID?/PC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d2BUC_0VehRT5LCOyqS0D7nEJcosyc88/view?usp=sharing

SW/SH + VERDEP MODELS (Place the zip folder in mods) ANDROID/PC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12VlU2enMSXC4V3f9iBtannsyJ2sjUXiy/view?usp=sharing

KNOWN ISSUES:

1. "Battle Buttons on edge of screen" = LOWER THE BATTLE INTERFACE % to around 88-100

2. "Unable to use mouse to click on Battle Interface buttons" (KEYBOARD/CONTROLLER STILL WORK)

3. "Player Overworld name font is grey and hard to see" working on this but in the meantime its still visible so not a top priority 

4. Voltorb appears as Kingler 

Theme works best in 1.0 interface 

- gen 8 style mini sprites 

- new remastered music for all 4 regions 

- rescaled SwSh 3D animated battle gifs

- new GUI elements and features 

- revamped battle interface 

I have pulled much from other themes on the forums combining and meshing into one along with my own design changes and code modifications to make the best possible theme at this time 

(I will update this to include the names of everyone that needs to be credited but want to get this out as its been long enough)

0B21D3FD-5F6B-4875-9B23-D8A35B3E8A69.gif.b1fa488a820c648b89a2b9899168c71c.gif.8675e187e5b8d6c843814753e149e1c1.gif635820A4-D651-4F8B-89EF-D50A60AB7995.jpeg.9ec6e96fe771a86f0e11f90f1774923c.jpg.9c1afcbec42051583b61c0e8aa3f8d34.jpgEC2210D7-F063-4D5A-98C0-2271EE63A292.thumb.jpeg.22810c3e707b28eee0ce8ba0b0028357.jpg.791efe51d793ebc8a92f8ef96af58351.jpgD8A2ABCE-9760-4AEC-A7D6-52D7E2138A0B.thumb.jpeg.78eb5d800aedbdd9cf5528d09eeb8ec8.jpg.444ff030ec6b372d37c993bd9206f0e5.jpg

Is that ok? :)

Screenshot_20200702-104844_PokeMMO.jpg

• 3 weeks later...