Neyfaste

adding BW2  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Add BW2 ?

• Add Pokemon BW2
    • Do not add Pokemon BW2

Question

13 answers to this question

Just going to throw out that I believe Nintendo still produces copies of B2W2 at some capacity, but now BW. Any project that uses emulators can be affected by such things differently than otherwise, so I imagine that would provide some extent of risk to PokeMMO. Basically, using something that is a copy of something no longer in production doesn't affect sales of the original.

Just my 2 cents.

On 6/22/2020 at 6:24 PM, Solember said:

Just going to throw out that I believe Nintendo still produces copies of B2W2 at some capacity, but not BW. Any project that uses emulators can be affected by such things differently than otherwise, so I imagine that would provide some extent of risk to PokeMMO. Basically, using something that is a copy of something no longer in production doesn't affect sales of the original.

Just my 2 cents.

But you are still supposed to have a ROM file for a game in order to play the corresponding region in PokeMMO. So, in theory, everyone playing PokeMMO already bought all the games. And this would be true for B2W2 also.

I don't think we should have B2W2 because we would not be getting any new pokemon. All non-legendaries are already obtainable, so there's no point to adding more regions unless it's gen 6 or something.

Also I'm not sure if it makes sense from an in-game perspective in pokemmo because now you have 2 Unova regions.

12 hours ago, gitargy said:

But you are still supposed to have a ROM file for a game in order to play the corresponding region in PokeMMO. So, in theory, everyone playing PokeMMO already bought all the games. And this would be true for B2W2 also.

I don't think we should have B2W2 because we would not be getting any new pokemon. All non-legendaries are already obtainable, so there's no point to adding more regions unless it's gen 6 or something.

Also I'm not sure if it makes sense from an in-game perspective in pokemmo because now you have 2 Unova regions.

Could use a time travelling mechanic similar to how we travel between regions via boat. The same could theoretically work for HGSS Kanto. Not that it is a good idea or a bad idea... just an argument that might be made for it.

I don't really see the point of implementing another region when it won't be adding any new features/Pokemon. It'll take a large  amount of time to develop however we'll be getting only a small amount of content since once you play through it a single time you'll be done with it - Adding another region won't be doing anything for the game at this point. 

or something along those lines anyway ¬

Someone once said that PokeMMO has the width of an ocean but the depth of a puddle and I couldn't agree more. Adding more regions looks good on the surface  however it won't help the game in the long run especially when PokeMMO only becomes problematic  in the late game once people have beaten the regions.           ^ It pretty much becomes a worse Pokemon Showdown or just a place to idle ^

What I think would be good for the game is some end game content apart from catching events and PVP. Personally I really like the idea of having replayable/farmable PVE content which would actually keep people playing.

Like hopefully dungeons 

Edited by Etozuri
On 7/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, Etozuri said:

I don't really see the point of implementing another region when it won't be adding any new features/Pokemon. It'll take a large  amount of time to develop however we'll be getting only a small amount of content since once you play through it a single time you'll be done with it - Adding another region won't be doing anything for the game at this point. 

or something along those lines anyway ¬

Someone once said that PokeMMO has the width of an ocean but the depth of a puddle and I couldn't agree more. Adding more regions looks good on the surface  however it won't help the game in the long run especially when PokeMMO only becomes problematic  in the late game once people have beaten the regions.           ^ It pretty much becomes a worse Pokemon Showdown or just a place to idle ^

What I think would be good for the game is some end game content apart from catching events and PVP. Personally I really like the idea of having replayable/farmable PVE content which would actually keep people playing.

Like hopefully dungeons 

Except that B2W2 adds a lot of new features.

1. Difficulty settings
  2. PWT
  3. Pokéstar Studios (Makes the game more varied)
  4. Medal Rally (basically an achievement system)
  5. Black Tower and White Treehollow (Late game grindable areas)

What's i not to understand is why the idiots are against launching PB2/PW2, these arguments they gave are ridiculous, poke mmo has to launch yes, it's past time, the community wants PB2/PW2, forget about this annoying minority that is against evolution of the game, they want to live the rest of their lives playing the same thing and do not represent the pokemmo community at all.

pokemon-black-2-e-pokemon-white-2.jpg

Reason 1(Challenge mode for hardcore players) I think people would appreciate the challenge mode. Yeah you would play through another unova map, but it would only be in challenge mode, offering old players an even more challenging late game activity. Sort of like how a lot of major games nowadays offer multiple playthroughs while allowing you to play with the same skills and equipment. Same here but with your best teams to take through the game again. 

Reason 2: Hidden Grottos could effectively add a way for us to get hidden abilities and items(after we have licked every corner of every region) 

Reason 3: Post game content is much better in these games than B/W 1

The game itself already explains why you are playing through unova again, with a completely new original story with new characters. So it cant be a reason of logic continuity wise. It absolutely could work as a play-through 2 of unova that is locked behind the first play-through of unova. Most important thing here though, has to be those hidden grottos. Hidden abilities need to make their way to this game as its really taking away a key artistic and competitive part of gen 5. 

I'll be honest, I would really like to play B2W2 because I never played it, until then I thought it was just an improvement, but the story is totally different, in addition to old characters in different places, and another, I don't care that they are the same Pokémon , in the case of the region, just put "unova 2" and well, if you don't want to play that region, don't play it, I think. Besides, I have a champion team from each region, only with the same Pokémon (perhaps some exceptions regarding evolution and capture kkkkkk) without the Pokémon repeating themselves, I don't know how you play, in fact, everyone has their own way of playing, no. I judge, but I would be anxious to know which my champion team in B2W2

vou ser sincero, eu gostaria muito de jogar B2W2 porque nunca joguei, até então achava que fosse só uma melhoria, mas a história é totalmente diferente, além de personagens antigos em lugares diferentes, e outra, não tô nem aí que são os mesmos pokémons, no caso da região é só pôr "unova 2" e boa, quem não quiser jogar essa região não jogue, penso eu. Fora que eu tenho um time campeão de cada região, somente com os pokémons das mesmas(talvez algumas exceções quanto a evolução e a captura kkkkkk) sem que os pokémons se repitam, não sei como vocês jogam, aliás cada tem seu jeito de jogar, não julgo, mas ficaria ansioso pra saber qual meu time campeão de B2W2

Tá aí as duas línguas, a maioria é gringo

Edited by 20peguei