Building OU team (old player returning)

Hello guys. first of all I've been away since 2015-2016 ish and so much has changed since then so I'm really having a hard time to build my team, so I'll need your guys help

Those below are all my comps, OU and UU, I'm including the UU pokes cause maybe one of them can fill a gap in my OU team. (I'm also accepting advice on what to breed next )

Notes : both salamence and infernape are mixed set, salamence being hasty with DD/fireblast/eq/dragon claw and infernape with overheat/thunder punch/close combatt/mach punch ( not so sure about this one tho, was thinking about HP ice to deal with gliscor or a dragon? )

So yeah I'm asking you guys to build the '' better '' team I could of those pokes I have, thanks in advance !!

sasasa.jpg

It really would be good if you breed a scizor asap. Scizor its one of  the most used mons in OU, and isn't really hard to figure why. 

It can perform a great volt turn core with your jolteon ,or rotom (another good pivot)

In other hand, you have only 1 viable defoger (skarmory) the OU meta is full of scizors which is good as skarmory chrcky it very well despite the loss of momentum in form of u-turn. It can also perform as a hazard setter, in form of stealth rock and/or spikes.

You also have rain team pieces in form of kingdra (assuming isn't DD one) and ludicolo. Peliper is a great partner as it have acess to drizzle and is a core piece in any rain teams, the defensive one can also be useful as it can check the previously mentioned Scizor as well some variants of conkeldurr. Gengar can fit well in any team with a multitude of roles it can perform. Infernape is a great late game cleaner but people generally have a answer to him. Blissey can be useful if you don't want to be sweept by standard volcarona and some mixed dragons.

In another worlds, you really lack some key pieces which could sinergy very well with those mons.

With only those pieces available, i would pick the following:

Breloom @toxic orb with spore + substitute +2 moves (good answer to rotom wash)

Tyranitar @choice band with stone edge/crunch/pursuit + superpower or fire Punch (useful for trap stuff like reuniclus and hit like a truck in general - can be used scarfed to perform a better revenge killer role.)

Porygon 2 @eviolite recover/toxic/ice beam/ tri atk

id personally pick this over blissey because he have a better matchup vs some physical threats like gyarados and it can trap stuff like dugtrio and magezone (tough it can suffer vs some variants of volcarona)

Gengar @life orb shadow ball/focus blast/ substitute/pain split

Standard gengar. Hits hard, can break stall and can wreck havoc teams if no properly answered.

Skarmory @rocky helmet/leftovers/shed hull brave bird/defog/roost and taunt or stealth rock or spikes it can handle some key physical threats of the meta like non-mixed garchomp, scizor, etc.

I really don't recommend have a defoger with also sets hazards, but your other options are only sala and crobat, the former can be used as defoger, but generally is better in a defensive version, and bat Just have so many switch ins which can abuse him in OU. You have also other hazard setters and if you don't mind do not have a defoger (if your tram doesn't suffer a lot for hazards) ferrothorn can easily replace skarmory in this function with much efficiency.

Lastly i would pick both infernape or Arcanine to be a mid game threat/late game cleaner. Infernape is generally superior as your opponent won't know which set are you running. Arcanine have 2 good abilities as well priority in form of extreme speed tough it takes 25% dmg if stealth rock is up.

Well this was made in blank with the options you have. Imo it have little to no answers to commonly used threats, like conkeldurr, Rain Teams (tough ferrothorn  and blssey answer them well), etc.

I recommend you start to watch some matches in lader and official tournaments replays. So you gonna have some info about what's been used and what's synergies well.

Good luck o/

3 hours ago, Risadex said:

It really would be good if you breed a scizor asap. Scizor its one of  the most used mons in OU, and isn't really hard to figure why. 

It can perform a great volt turn core with your jolteon ,or rotom (another good pivot)

In other hand, you have only 1 viable defoger (skarmory) the OU meta is full of scizors which is good as skarmory chrcky it very well despite the loss of momentum in form of u-turn. It can also perform as a hazard setter, in form of stealth rock and/or spikes.

You also have rain team pieces in form of kingdra (assuming isn't DD one) and ludicolo. Peliper is a great partner as it have acess to drizzle and is a core piece in any rain teams, the defensive one can also be useful as it can check the previously mentioned Scizor as well some variants of conkeldurr. Gengar can fit well in any team with a multitude of roles it can perform. Infernape is a great late game cleaner but people generally have a answer to him. Blissey can be useful if you don't want to be sweept by standard volcarona and some mixed dragons.

In another worlds, you really lack some key pieces which could sinergy very well with those mons.

With only those pieces available, i would pick the following:

Breloom @toxic orb with spore + substitute +2 moves (good answer to rotom wash)

Tyranitar @choice band with stone edge/crunch/pursuit + superpower or fire Punch (useful for trap stuff like reuniclus and hit like a truck in general - can be used scarfed to perform a better revenge killer role.)

Porygon 2 @eviolite recover/toxic/ice beam/ tri atk

id personally pick this over blissey because he have a better matchup vs some physical threats like gyarados and it can trap stuff like dugtrio and magezone (tough it can suffer vs some variants of volcarona)

Gengar @life orb shadow ball/focus blast/ substitute/pain split

Standard gengar. Hits hard, can break stall and can wreck havoc teams if no properly answered.

Skarmory @rocky helmet/leftovers/shed hull brave bird/defog/roost and taunt or stealth rock or spikes it can handle some key physical threats of the meta like non-mixed garchomp, scizor, etc.

I really don't recommend have a defoger with also sets hazards, but your other options are only sala and crobat, the former can be used as defoger, but generally is better in a defensive version, and bat Just have so many switch ins which can abuse him in OU. You have also other hazard setters and if you don't mind do not have a defoger (if your tram doesn't suffer a lot for hazards) ferrothorn can easily replace skarmory in this function with much efficiency.

Lastly i would pick both infernape or Arcanine to be a mid game threat/late game cleaner. Infernape is generally superior as your opponent won't know which set are you running. Arcanine have 2 good abilities as well priority in form of extreme speed tough it takes 25% dmg if stealth rock is up.

Well this was made in blank with the options you have. Imo it have little to no answers to commonly used threats, like conkeldurr, Rain Teams (tough ferrothorn  and blssey answer them well), etc.

I recommend you start to watch some matches in lader and official tournaments replays. So you gonna have some info about what's been used and what's synergies well.

Good luck o/

Thanks for the response ! Yeah I was thinking about scizor too, specially cause I lack priority. What set would u recomend? I just breed a 4x31 one (adamant of course )
I also do have good water 1 breeders, so I was thinking about milotic or swampert , what would u recomend?

2 hours ago, carlosbnh said:

Thanks for the response ! Yeah I was thinking about scizor too, specially cause I lack priority. What set would u recomend? I just breed a 4x31 one (adamant of course )
I also do have good water 1 breeders, so I was thinking about milotic or swampert , what would u recomend?

Standard one is CB Scizor which generally runs u-turn, bullet punch, superpower and pursuit

Well it gonna depends of the team you're using. Milotic in general is better for tanking as it have acess to recover, scald, ice beam, haze/dragon tail, good ability and great spdef bulk.

Swampert has other role as stealth rock setter as well more offensive presence with great stab earthquake which comes with his useful secondary typing which gives immunity to electric attacks.